Ding Dong!

Discussion in 'China' started by xfactor857, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Pachigii!

Pachigii! Red Card

Jan 31, 2007
    Osaka, Japan
  2. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Dong Fangzhuo SMASHES Hertha Berlin. :mad:

3. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006
    dong is better than cha and Lee. But dong is different from park. So can't really compare the two. Park basically just runs around and play as a winger. Can't compete in the air. But dong is basically all round type attacker except not much dribbling technique. He is physical , can compete in the air, have speed.

4. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Dong is better than Lee? Which Lee? Lee Dong-Guk? No I don't think so, they're games are different, Lee is a classic finisher, a "9", whereas Dong is a support striker...Also Lee is better in the air...I reckon Dong is faster though and better dribbler and distributor of the ball.

If you're talking about Lee Young-Pyo....how can you prepare a LB to a Support Striker :confused:

5. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Dong is a 9 too. He can't really create for others. At Antwerp others created for him.

6. upandcoming

upandcoming New Member

Feb 2, 2007

Sorta like Hao Haidong. Great finisher. But not a great direct creator. But indirectly, his presence and explosiveness do create space for teammates.

7. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Imagine Cha's speed and strength with Lee DG's finishing. That's a pretty lethal combo.

8. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Let's just all hold our breaths until Dong actually gets playing time on the first team. Frankly, I don't think Man Utd fits him. With so many talented strikers on the team, even if he makes the the team, he won't get much playing time. I think it would be awsome if he played for one of the mediocres, where he can establish his legitamcy.

9. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Member

Sep 10, 2006
    ^ Saha is shit.. Dong is better than Saha...

10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Saha is also injury-prone.

11. upandcoming

upandcoming New Member

Feb 2, 2007

CFA can be very injury inducing. Dong was hurt too, because of stupid scheduling.

12. upandcoming

upandcoming New Member

Feb 2, 2007

Lee Dong Gook can hold up the ball better than Dong though.

If reached full potential, both Lee and Dong should be in the same league of elite footballers.

13. Pachigii!

Pachigii! Red Card

Jan 31, 2007
    Osaka, Japan
    It's called the English Premier League :D

Anyways Personally I'm happy to see East Asians in the EPL, Dong, Park, Zheng Zhi and pave the way for more.

14. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Don't forget Sun Jihai and Li Tie.

15. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    at least we can understand u forget about Li Tie, that guy is like a pot with flower he is part of the stuff that why pple don't remember him

16. upandcoming

upandcoming New Member

Feb 2, 2007

Li Tie had some really bad luck. Showed such promise before the steak of injuries.

17. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    that's the most ridiculous thing i've heard.
    so what has dong done so far? wow...he's played in a 2nd tier belgium leauge. Saha was the star at fulham, and he was the star of man united in the 2nd half of last season and the first half of this season. saha's form is one of the reasons man united was able to make the league title a little more interesting last year. i won't hold any judgment on dong yet b/c he hasn't played yet, but ridiculous remarks like 'dong is better than saha' is completely ludicrous and hold no validity.

18. PKchoppa

PKchoppa New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Anyone see Dong play in the US v China match?? he should never be played as a wing he is most effective when he is playing in the box

19. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I watched that game. Playing Dong in a position other than FW is a sin because he's prob the best player China has to put the goal in the net.

20. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
  21. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    He should have. It is just unfortunate that our restrictive work permit regulations effectively killed his development by forcing him to stay in Belgium. How is he doing?

22. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    not so good, he is not a regular starter and didn't score any goal since he is back in Shide team

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Downhill career :(

24. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    francis jeffers of china..

25. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    or even maybe edgar manucharyan of china...