Review: Dinamo Zagreb - Blue Hell

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by carmelino, Aug 13, 2011.

1. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Highlights of all Dinamo Zagreb UEFA Champions League matches, qualifications are included, season 2011./2012.:​

http://www.gnkdinamo.hr/uefa-competitions-2011-2012#anchor

Public opinion:

What kind of result do you expect from Dinamo against Lyon?

Dinamo will win (31 / 51.7%)
    The match will end with a draw (18 / 30%)
    Lyon will win (11 / 18.3%)

I think that Dinamo (Modri) will lose in Lyon. They have good results in French league. They won against Bordeaux 3-1. Something will happen, even if Dinamo plays great.:(

Kovačić: Being a captain of the team is really a special feeling

Mateo Kovačić played another fantastic match: - I would like to thank coach Jurčić for the confidence he gave me. Of course, that's not everything that I can and I have to play even better. Being a captain of the team is really a special feeling and it's hard for me to even describe what I felt at that moment. -

Josip Šimunić played his first match at the Maksimir stadium: - It's really nice to debut in front of your fans, especially when you win. We played a really good game and I think that everyone can be satisfied. When we're talking about my play, I'm doing my best and I'm getting better in every training session. A few more games and I'll be in the top form. -

http://www.gnkdinamo.hr/kovačić-being-a-captain-of-the-team-is-really-a-special-feeling.html#anchor

Interviews:​

http://www.gnkdinamo.hr/tonel4.html#anchor

Tonel: Before the start of the UEFA Champions league group phase, we talked with Tonel, Portuguese centre back who is counting his second year in Dinamo. Topics were very different: how did he get use to life in Zagreb, playing in Dinamo, Croatian vs. Portuguese league, football beginnings and a lot of other interesting things about his life and career.

When you were coming to Dinamo did you think that in the first season you will play so good in the Europa League and in the second you will play in the Champions league?

The team already qualified for the Europa league when in came in August and the promise from the club chiefs was that next year we'll give our best to qualify for the Champions league. They told me that I need to come to help the team qualify for the Champions league and not only to play in the national championship; they don't need me for that. Off course, I am very happy with the way things turned out.

What was going through your head in the last 10 minutes of the game in Sweden?

Uf... It was very difficult, they were attacking, the crowd was pushing them forward and it was very awkward. We were playing 40 minutes with 10 players, it was our third game in six days and we were tired. We made a mistake and paid for it but fortunately - it was the price we could afford.

What do you think about Dinamo squad and our chances in the Champions league?

We have to be realistic and say that we are outsiders in this group. If you take a look at one game at the time - there isn't any in which we are the favourites. But there is always a but in football. T-shirts don't play the game and we can try something. We will do our best in every game and that is all we can do. In every game we'll try to take the victory. For example, first game is in Maksimir against Real Madrid and everyone knows our chances aren't big but we must think that it will be a fantastic day for us, a very bad for them and that we can do something; that's the only way. If we enter each game like that than who knows what we can do?

You told me once that you're a Real Madrid fan? On top of that, Real Madrid has a lot of Portuguese people? Will there be any special feelings for you in that match?

Yes, they are my favourite club and, off course, a lot of Portugal players and Jose Mourinho have a lot to do with that. Sure it will be a special feeling to play against Real Madrid, in Zagreb and Madrid, but on the pitch - it's 11 against 11; nothing more and nothing less. As I said, they are the favourites and we respect them but football is unpredictable.

Ajax and Lyon? How would you rate them?

I think the strongest group in the Champions league is group A with Bayern, Manchester City, Villarreal and Napoli and after that is group D; our group. Beside the great Real Madrid we have strong teams like Lyon and Ajax so it will be a real honour for us to play with these teams. Lyon easily beat Rubin Kazan and that says a lot while Ajax has another great team. It's same like the match against Real: it we have a good day and they think it will be easy - we can do something.

What Dinamo result in the Champions league would make you happy?

It's hard to say. The most important thing is that when the referee signals the end of each game we have a feeling that we did our best. If we can walk out of the pitch with our heads high - that is good; we did enough. That would make me happy and as for the points - we'll have to wait and see what can we get. We have to know that we already did the most important thing when we qualified for the Champions league. If every player gives all his got - there's not much more we can do.

Let's go back a little. Your first league title was the one you won with Dinamo? How did that made you feel?

It was a good feeling. When I came to the club we were a couple of points behind Hajduk but when I saw the players we have and the conditions - I knew we will be champions. My first game was in Split and after the game I was convinced that we are a better team than them. The club won five titles before this one and I was confident that we'll continue this great streak.

How did you come to Dinamo? What was the first thing that came to your mind when your manager said - Dinamo Zagreb?

Everything started and was over in two days. I was five years in Sporting and wanted to go out, try something different. Chiefs in Sporting said "ok, you were very professional and even though you have one more year of contract, we respect you and if you find something - we will let you go". I've received an offer from Turkey but I didn't want my family to move there and than came Dinamo. I knew something about Dinamo before but when it became an option I made a couple of enquiries and people told me only good things about Zagreb and Dinamo. When I came here for a final agreement I was sure I wanted to come because, how to put it in words, I felt the people here really wanted me. The president Barišić, Zdravko and Zoran Mamić too and this was important to me; it was nice to feel wanted.

Did Dinamo fulfill your expectations?

In many ways - yes; Dinamo and Zagreb provided my family and me a home and we like it here. National championship games are maybe a little weaker than I expected but that is our fault; we are really good. Much better than the rest of the league. Other thing I don't understand is the crowd because we play good, win most of the games and there are very few spectators. OK, I can understand during winter and when it's cold but most the time the weather is nice. In Sporting, when the atmosphere was good we had 50.000 and when things were the worse - 10.000 was minimum. It's a big difference to play in front of 500 hundred and 15.000; we have to be professionals but every player plays better in a good atmosphere.

Can you compare Dinamo with the Portuguese clubs? You played for great clubs like Porto and Sporting - organizational comparison and other stuff around the pitch.

It's different, it was easier for me in Portugal but I got use to Dinamo and Zagreb pretty soon. In Sporting I knew the routine: where will we go, eat, sleep and everything else; that why I wanted to go somewhere else - to try something different and Dinamo is different. The main difference in Dinamo and Sporting is that Dinamo is a bigger team in Croatia than Sporting in Portugal; actually, than any team in Portugal. I mean, there are always three teams in Portugal fighting for the title, the big three, Sporting, Porto and Benfica while in Croatia it's practically only Dinamo. Hajduk is a big club, has a lot of fans and everything but they are not a real competitor when Dinamo won six titles in a row and made more than a 100 points difference.

Can you compare Portuguese league with Croatian?

The stadiums are much, much better because of the Euro 2004. and, off course, more people on the stands. If you have same players here and in Portugal - they will play better in Portugal. Why? It's only human to play better in front of 50.000 people on a new stadium and on a new pitch. You can be the biggest professional in the world but you are still human. In Croatia are some pitches where, during the winter, you cannot play normal football. Next thing is that there is more difference between Dinamo and Croatian teams than the big three in Portugal and all the others. Maritimo, Braga and Vitoria Guimares can easily beat Benfice; you never know in the game Braga - Porto. In Croatia, if Dinamo goes to Varaždin or Koprivnica you know it can be difficult but - Dinamo will win; in Portugal you never know. I have to admit that in the last two-three years Portuguese league lost on quality. The clubs in the first league don't have a lot of money so they buy players from the second division which is not good.

How much does Portugal football gain and how much looses from Deco, Pepe and other Brazilian players that play for Portugal? Off course, they are just a result of many Brazilians in the league.

There is a mixed opinion on that in Portugal but I - don't agree with that. On the other hand, the world is changing and so is football. We have a lot of foreign players playing for France, Germany and even for Croatia so it's hard; why should Portugal be different? Despite of that - I think it's wrong. I know that the only important thing is to win, no matter the cost, but we should cherish some values. Football is business, there is a lot o money involved and I understand. First we took Deco because we needed him, than Pepe and now we need strikers so Liedson is playing for Portugal... I think it's not good that Brazilian players are not considered foreigners in Portugal so one team can have 11 Brazilians; Maritimo has around 18 Brazilians and that's not good. But it's all a closed circle: clubs need results so they don't have time to invest in young players and educate him for 10 years, they need players which can perform and be sold for as much money clubs can get to buy new players. Long term that's not good because Portuguese players suffer.

How much did Euro 2004. in Portugal mean for the football in the country? On one hand new stadiums were built but on the other hand - clubs cannot afford those big stadiums.

UEFA gave most of the money for new, bigger stadiums and after the Euro ended - the stadiums became club's property and that's when the problems started; especially with the global world crisis. The clubs couldn't afford maintenance of those big stadiums and we have several cases where the club wants the city to buy the stadium because they cannot afford it. The problem is that the city also doesn't want the stadium for 25.000 people when the team attracts 4.000 - 5.000 every weekend.

Let's go back to basics. When did you start to play football?

I started officially with 12 years in Porto and it wasn't easy. It there was 20 players on the pitch - I was that one; the last one. (laugh) At that time - I simply wasn't good enough. We all had to play so when I played a game - next one I wasn't even on the bench but on the stands. I had to work a lot because I am not like Messi; I wasn't born with that kind of skills. Everything I made and a player I am today - I made with hard work. Off course, I had some talent but I achieved everything with hard work. If you look at my career - I was always going up. When being 18 years old I played 3. division for six months, then 2. division for a year and a half, then 1. division with the club that was fighting against relegation, than for the club in the middle of table and after that Sporting Lisbon. In the end - to Dinamo Zagreb; always up. The only thing I wanted in my career is to play, never to sit on the bench, and to grow as a player.

Let's go a couple of personal questions. You are a real family man? Does your family come first?

Yes, family always comes first and we make every decision together. My wife and I have three kids and that is they are the most important part of my life.

Are you a religious person?

Yes.

Do you like it in Zagreb? Your family?

Yes, we all like it very much.

What is your plan for the future? You have a contract with Dinamo for another year and a half?

I have a contract and I'm very happy here. My plan is to stay here for another year and a half and than we'll see.

Ivan Kelava: http://www.gnkdinamo.hr/ivan-kelava3.html#anchor

A few days before the second match of the third Champions League qualifying round between Dinamo and HJK, we spoke with Dinamo's goalkeeper Ivan Kelava. One year ago a talented goalkeeper was the goalkeeper in Lokomotiva and he is the first Dinamo's goalie now. We talked with Kelava about the match against HJK, his beginning of the football career and many other topics.

What can you say about the beginning of your football career?

I started to play football in the street with my friends. I was younger then my friends and because of that I always had the role of the goalkeeper. After that I played football for my high school. Mister Dautbegović saw me on a tournament and he invited me to Dinamo. I came here when I was 9 and that is the beginning of my career in Dinamo.

You are 1.96 cm tall now. Were you as a boy taller than your friends?

Yes, I was and I didn't want to do anything else except being a goalkeeper. I wasn't interested in other player positions, I always wanted to be on the goal.

Does Dinamo jersey means you a lot?

It is difficult to describe what Dinamo means to me and how much I love Dinamo. I've experienced a lot of things in my career: training in the heat, rain and snow, all kinds of tournaments, many successes and disappointments. I signed professional contract for Dinamo when I was 17 and a half and it was the happiest day in my life. I'm very glad because I've achieved a lot and I am living my dream now.

You played also for NK Lokomotiva and you were on loan there. What has this experience brought to you?

I had a chance to prove my qualities. I knew I would get the continuity of playing and it will also show people from Dinamo that I'm a good goalkeeper. I believed that they could return me to Dinamo from loan and it happened. I'll never forget my teammates and coaches Ferenčina and Jozić from Lokomotiva. Sitting on the Dinamo's bench and just training is much worse than playing matches for another club. In football is very important to play matches and training can't be the same as playing the match. Every match is also a some kind of reward and if player is not playing, he is not getting his reward and it's not good. Everyone make decisions for themselves but I think that it's good to go out on loan and take a chance in other club. It's the only way for players to show their qualities.

Filip Lončarić and Igor Vidaković were Dinamo's goalkeepers, but thanks to some circumstances you became a first goalkeeper.

Coach Halilhodžić asked me to come back in Dinamo. He told me that the first goalkeeper is Lončarić and that was logical because coach had already worked with him. I've trained a lot and I showed him that he can also count on me. Due to some unfortunate circumstances and Filip's injury - I finally got a chance. Of course, we are friends and we help each other as much as we can.

What do you think about goalkeeper position in Lokomotiva and about the same position in Dinamo?

The primary goal in Lokomotiva was to stay in the Croatian league. For example, a goalkeeper in Lokomotiva made a couple of great saves, team suffers 2-1 defeat and he got a big applause despite the lost - that happened to me. We played at Maksimir stadium against Dinamo and we lose 1-0. I made few good saves and when I was entering the locker room I got applause from my teammates. This kind of situations really means a lot to me. When you play against smaller clubs and when the opponent didn't have good chances, you need to stay focused till the end of the match because there is still a possibility for them to score. I have a lot of job in European matches, but in domestic league i's easier.

You started this season with good matches and Dinamo got 4 new players.

We started well this season. Dinamo got four new players and from the first training it was clearly that they won't need a lot of time to adapt - they played like they always played here. They've realized how our club works and they entered our system and our game is great now. I would mention my friend Domagoj Vida, who is an excellent defender. Club brought him to Dinamo in the summer transfer period and Vida appreciate that - he proves his gratitude with his games.

Dinamo's opponent in the third Champions League qualifying round is Helsinki.

Dinamo achieved a great result in Finland and now you have 2-1 advantage.
    We were happy after the victory in Helsinki and that means a lot to us, but we must play another 90 minutes. We believe that we are going to win in Finland and play another good game. I'm sure that the atmosphere on the stadium will be great as well as it was against Neftchi. I would like to thank to all fans who were waiting for their tickets in the rainy weather. My wish is that fans come and support us on Croatian championship matches too. We'll do our best.

You and your wife recently became parents.

We are parents of a little Mia and it was the happiest day of my life. When I look at her I feel so special and it is something that I can't even describe. I'm speechless, this is a great joy.

You're a fan of American sport and NHL.

I love hockey and the NHL. I also have an annual ticket for KHL Medveščak and I really like this positive story in the project Medveščak. It's similarly in Dinamo now and I'm happy about it. I have to say I hope that this will continue. When I catch the time I love to go to New York to watch "my" New York Rangers. I usually watch their games on television because my idol Henrik Lundqvist play there.

Domagoj Vida: http://www.gnkdinamo.hr/domagoj-vida2.html#anchor

In interview with young defender Domagoj Vida we talked about many things: football career, Osijek, Germany, and the present career in Dinamo.

When did you began your footbaal career?

I started to play football when I was 7. for NK Jedinstvo in Donji Miholjac. I liked to play with senior team and I worked a lot with my dad in order to go in NK Osijek. My friend and I have travelled to the training 50 km every day. I moved in Osijek when I was in a high school.

You have played for the senior Osijek team when you were only 17.

I made debut against Cibalia in Vinkovci and at that time coach was Miroslav Žitnjak. After him, on the bench of Osijek came Ilija Lončarević who started to forced me to play more. I palyed back midfielder and right full back. I would also like to mention coaches Prigla and Popović. I have learned something new from every coach that trained me. I began to play centre back in the senior team when coach was Tomislav Steinbrücker. That is position where I'm good at and thanks to that I went to Germany.

After good games for Osijek, you went to Bayer Leverkusen. What was the feeling to go far away from Osijek and your family?

People from Bayer have watched my games in Osijek for about year and a half. After that they decided to bring me in their team. I had to make a decision in just one day and I decided to go to Germany. It was not easy to change the environment, club and habits and I didn't know German language. Luckily, the coach Zvonko Komes helped me a lot when I came there and I'm thankful for that.

In Bayer Leverkusen you didn't play as much as you wanted. What do you think what was the reason? Could be the problem maybe the fact that you were foreigner in Bayer team?

The first season is always the hardest season, before Bayer I didn't set a lot on the bench and this was a problem for me. On the trainings coach was telling me that everything is great and then at he game he left me on the bench. In European matches we made good results, they praised me and then in German championship - I was again on the bench. I felt very bad and then at the end of the season director told me that probably that the next season will not be any different for me. Then I decided to go somewhere where I will have opportunity to play and Dinamo brought me.

What happened when you came in Dinamo? Is it true that you that you did not like that idea at the beginning?

Of course it's not true, I've never said something like that. Dinamo is the best Croatian club, they play European matches and I think that every Croatian player wants to play for Dinamo. I was on a vacation in Turkey and then I got the call from Dinamo. I instantly said yes and after I've solved everything with Bayer I signed for Dinamo.

You lived in Germany 1 year and now you are in Zagreb only one week. Can you compare organization of the club, way of work and quality?

It's not a big difference. Transfer from Osijek to Bayer was really big shock, but arrival from Bayer to Dinamo was not that big change. Dinamo is well organized club, everything is great and I'm enjoying to be here. A lot of things are better in Germany, but that is maybe difference between Germany and Croatia, not between Bayer and Dinamo. There is a good organization in Germany so the club can easily function.

What do you think about Dinamo squad today?

Dinamo has a very good team. There are a lot of players who are my age, even younger, and there are also older players who have a lot of experience. Team is really strong and we need to concentratre on the success. I know most players, especially Kelava, Vrsaljko, Ademi, Badelj, Palić, Barbarić because we played against each other, and in Croatian national team we played together.

Champions league is the main goal but every big step in Europe would be great success.

There are no guarantees that we will take place in Champions League but I think we have a lot of chance. We need to give everything in each game and the result will not fail. The ground is the only criterion and we need to show quality there. We already act as a team and that is really important.

Director of sport, brother of Dinamo Zagreb president: Zoran Mamić: http://www.gnkdinamo.hr/zoran-mamić.html#anchor

Dinamo Zagreb won Supercup, national championship and Cup in the season 2010./2011. Additional to that, Modri won the most points ever in Europa league group stage and came closer than ever to going to the next round. After a succesfull season like this, we had a long talk with clubs Sporting director of professional football - Zoran Mamić.

We can begin with the begin of your relationship with Dinamo Zagreb. You were here as a player and now as a Sporting director.

I came to Dinamo's youth academy when I was 10 years old, and it is an interesting fact that I came to Dinamo as a striker. The first time I played for the selection of Zagreb or something like that we were missing a defender and I took that place and after that I've spent my whole career at centre back or defensive midfielder. At the end of 1988. I signed mys first professional contract with Dinamo and made ​​my debut for the first team against Velež Mostar. Until 1996. I was at Dinamo and after we, for the first time in club's history , won the double - I went to Germany. There I played for nine years and in 2005. I've returned to my home team. After two seasons, I took the role of the sporting director.

What's the feeling of being "on the other side"? You were a player and know you represent the club. The fact that you know how the players think must make your job a lot easier for you.

It sure does, definitely. I was a professional football player for approximately 17 years and I know and assume how will the players react in certain situations or how they'll behave. On the other hand, each player is an individual person and it's not always easy or even possible to satisfy all their desires. Naturally, thinking and acting of the whole team as a group is much easier for me to predict than someone who came from an entirely different profession.

Season 2010/2011. is over, and the team won everything possible: Supercup, championship and national Cup. How would you rate this season?

This year we've achieved all the goals we have set before the start of the season and of course - we must be satisfied. If we remember our good performances in the Europa league then there is the bad feeling that we didn't qualify for the next round. Unfortunately, we can not change what happened and we have to look forward. We want a strong Dinamo, ​​we are working on reinforcement and next year is a new opportunity for a better European result.

Dinamo is the Croatian champion for six years in a row and during that period Modri have constantly played European competitions and won against giants like Ajax, Sparta Prague and Villarreal. Given the conditions in which the club is living - is it objectively to ask more?

If you are asking about the Champions league that I must be honest and say: no, that is not realistic. Of course, we must all strive for progress but we have to be honest to ourselves and say that the Champions league would be a great success but it not our duty. For the Champions League a lot of little things should come into place: little luck with the draw, one ball that ends in the post and not the net, the stadium, referee oversight on our behalf and so on ... All of that together makes 5, 10 or 15 percent of total success, but it's needed for such a result. Champions league is out there, it's "catchable" and we have our chances to enter into the elite club competition, however, it is, as I said, just a plus. Our reality is every year to be the Croatian champion, winner of the Cup and to play at least in group stage of Europa league where we should give our best to collect as many points.

Dinamo's titles and complete domination in Croatia is a proof of great work and leadership but on the other hand it's bad for the club not to have someone "breathing" down the neck. It harder to give all you've got when no one is pushing you.

If our competitors in Croatia were stronger I'm sure that would make us only even better but that's not something we can effect on. I sincerely hope that the quality of the league will rise when there will be less clubs. League with 10 clubs? My personal opinion is that this would be the ideal solution. Half of the league would be fighting for Europe and the other half to stay out of relegation. In such circumstances football would be better, stadiums full of spectators and everyone would gain. We are a small country and we don't have enough quality players or the conditions for two such large leagues.

Transfer window is closing and what kind of players is Dinamo searching for? On what positions?

Primarily, we are looking to make our defensive line stronger because we know that we had a lot of injury problems last season. Captain Igor Bišćan is still injured and we have to find a centre back to fill his place. He had a surgery and we can't be sure how long will the recovery last so we must act. Also, we would like to strengthen the forward line if we find a player for which we considered to have the needed qualities.

Names that are commonly referred as Dinamo's targets are Joe Šimunić and Mate Bilić.

We are not hiding that they are our desires and we want to see them in Zagreb.However, they both have contracts with their clubs and they must resolve that with Hoffenheim and Sporting before we can make any arrangements. Of course, this is now a game of nerves since these clubs want to let go, but the question of their contracts, compensation and similar problems still remains. At this moment, it is very difficult to say will they come to Dinamo or not because it doesn't depend on Šimunić, Bilić or Dinamo but on a third party to which we have no influence.

Will some players leave Dinamo this season? Milan Badelj is the player who's name is often mentioned in the media.

Club does not have any official offer for Milan Badelj and that is all what is needed to say on that matter. There were some talks but there is no direct contact with a specific club. Last winter and last summer there were some contacts and it is impossible to say whether that will be reactivated.

In the end, can you just say a few words about the new / old coach of Dinamo Krunoslav Jurčić. What are your expectations?

He is undoubtedly a good coach who has already demonstrated his coaching qualities at Dinamo. I hope he is aware of his mistakes that he did during the first term here, primarily I think on his media appearances. He has a strong desire, emotional approach and will to suceed which are his great qualities. I am sure we can achieve all our goals with him on the bench.

2. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  3. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Photos:

Joe Simunic and president of Dinamo Zdravko Mamic on the Zagreb Airport

[​IMG]

Players of Dinamo helped in public activities: Sammir and Lucho Ibanez. They colored the space under the road, that helps for safer cross under the traffic road.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Fans of Dinamo Zagreb against Lokomotiva Zagreb. Crossed person on ts picture is preside of Dinamo Zagreb, Zdravko Mamic, love is in the air.

[​IMG]

4. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Formation of Lyon:
    Lloris – Reveillere, B. Kone, Lovren, Cissokho – Gonalons, Källström – Briand, Grenier, Bastos – Gomis.

5. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    OL won 3:1 to Girondins Bordeaux last weekend in the French league (2 goals by Gomis, and Bastos scored the 3rd goal).

In this game, 1 point could be a good result for Dinamo. In Zagreb you must win the 6 points.

6. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Six hours before the match against Lyon.:D It would be difficult, hey won against Bordeaux, Marseille, 0-0 against Ajax in Amsterdam. Lyon has a lot pressure, if they don't win, it would be failure for them. Dinamo would also hard road even with 1 point in Lyon. Lyon must come in Zagreb.

Dinamo has a lrge pressure at home, fans don't tolerate bad matches at home. I think that fans don't have patience and this is bad. Players are young, without experience in Champions League. Fans should be more patient, reporters always have negative opinion about everything. They just want scandals, show.:( So that they sell magazines faster. Nobody buys papers anymore with internet. On Croatian portal www.net.hr commentators are saying bad words against reporters, they represent us silly themes, with grammatical errors, they don't even check their article before putting him online. Reporters have only initials there: J. C. for example.

One point would be good.:D

7. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  8. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I agree with this formation.

Fatos Bećiraj (Cyrillic: Фатос Бећирај, Albanian: Fatos Besim Beqiraj).

Albanian form is the right form. He is a Montenegrin, but of Albanian national minority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatos_Bećiraj

Dinamo Zagreb got a new secretary: Viktorija Šebalj
    http://sportski.net.hr/na-rubu/page/2011/09/26/1461006.html

[​IMG]

She knows everything about the football. Another starlet.:rolleyes:

Zdravko Mamic said that he prays and meditate a lot on the matchday.:rolleyes:

http://sportski.net.hr/nogomet/liga-prvaka/page/2011/09/27/0898006.html

Can Dinamo achieve this score, like in 1999. against Manchester United on Old Trafford. Manchester became the champion in this year.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGGBpbpv6MI&feature=player_embedded&noredirect=1"]Manchester United - Dinamo Zagreb 0:0 [1999.] kraj utakmice - YouTube[/ame]

9. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Dinamo Zagreb - training on Gerland:

[​IMG]

Dinamo Zagreb players menu?

http://sportski.net.hr/na-rubu/page/2011/09/27/1214006.html

President Dinamo Zagreb Mirko Barisic, vital and young with his wife - what a scene, paparazzi everywhere:

[​IMG]

Croatian national team played against Germany (World Cup 1998): 3-0 for Croatia, lucky stadium for Croats.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW5lsvIx9yg&feature=player_embedded"]Croatia-Germany 3:0 (1998) 5th game (quarterfinal) - YouTube[/ame]

10. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yes, I'm pretty sure she knows EVERYTHING...:D she knows it very well (LOL).

With Viktorija Dinamo will have many victories now:)

11. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    She knows how to attack, stretch, but she is weak in defense, the ball is passing through her legs all the time.:D No future in that. She probably receives sponsorship.:rolleyes: New Larissa Riquelme.

I know one Serbian woman, who married to Croatian/Serbian player Dino Drpic, she was the girlfriend of whole Crvena Zvezda team, after that she made transfer in Dinamo Zagreb. Proof that Crvena Zvezda and Dinamo Zagreb have something in common.:)

Nives Zeljkovic Drpic - art name: Nives Celzijus.

[​IMG]

12. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    :eek:

I know many Chilean women with the same look that her.

Btw, we had our "Chilean Nives" in the 90s: María Eugenia "Kenita" Larraín (she was girlfriend of half-Chilean NT in 1998, and also she was Marcelo "Chino" Ríos girlfriend). $he "love$" $port$men:rolleyes:

http://www.google.cl/search?q=kenit...=X&ei=sBCCTqvBB4LagQfSlalI&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQsAQ

Some people consider her the "Chilean Cameron Díaz", but I don't think so.

Cameron Díaz is better than "Kenita" imho:

http://www.google.cl/search?q=camer...=X&ei=3xCCTtulKonTgQfLsMVG&sqi=2&ved=0CEcQsAQ

13. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I have heard that Rios had some conflicts with one of his girls.:D They have to much plastics, E. Larrain, Nives Drpic. They all look like clones, same IQ, same values: $$$ Chin Chin. That's why she met (Chin)o Rios.:D

I don't like Cameron Diaz, she looks like Roman Pavljuchenko.:D

[​IMG]

BTW, Dinamo Zagreb plays terrible.:D Like I expected, they invested to much energy against Real Madrid, they burned there, 2-0 for Lyon now, second half-time is starting, Morales could probably play.

Ibanez, Pokrivac are very bad.:)

Tomecak and Simunic are entering in the game.:D

14. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I can't say too much because I wasn't able to watch this match, but the only good result for Dinamo is that Ajax lost 3:0.
    Morales didn't play, pity for him.

Real Madrid 6
    Olympique Lyonnais 4
    Ajax 1
    Dinamo Zagreb 0

Both matches against Ajax are crucial for Dinamo. Dinamo needs 4 points at least.

15. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Dinamo didn't had any opportunities. Ibanez was bad, Sammir did crazy things, Pokrivac gave the ball to Gomis and he just scored. Both goals were cardinal errors of Dinamo.:) Lyon sounds better than Real Madrid, they are a true team, I can't find any player of Lyon that played under expectations.
    Ajax is also hard opponent, they played with Lyon 0-0, equal level of football, Dinamo couldn't play on equal level. Morales needs to play more in national league, he recovered at least, maybe he will play against Ajax in two weeks.

Lyon - Dinamo 2:0

Lyon. Stadion Gerland. Viewers: 30.000. Referee: Pavel Kralovec (Češka)

Goal Scorers: 1:0 - Gomis (23.'), 2:0 - Kone (42.')

Lyon:
    Lloris, Réveillère, B. Koné, Lovren, Cissokho, Gonalons, Källström, Briand, Grenier, Bastos, Gomis

Dinamo:
    Kelava, Leko, Vida, Tonel, Ibanez, Calello, Pokrivač, Badelj, Sammir, Kovačić, Beqiraj

Goals: http://sportski.net.hr/nogomet/liga-prvaka/page/2011/09/27/1368006.html

16. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Fans of Dinamo Zagreb in Lyon, France:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have read on article of Vahid Halilhodzic, ex-Dinamo Zagreb coach, who was kicked because of his boring style of playing. He received 900 000 euros for 9 months, because of 0-1, 1-0, 0-0, 1-1 results in Croatian national league.:D What an expert!:)

Now he said some sarcastic sentences: "What? In my Dinamo, they aren't happy, after the match against Real Madrid I expected the battle for the first place with Real, but Lyon played 100 matches in Champions League, this means something."

He said also: "Ah, confiance, you know, believe in yourself". He implies that Dinamo was scared team.:rolleyes:

"You lost against Real Madrid, but you brag how good you were, this euphoria surprised me".

Why isn't Vahid in Champions League, if he is so good, he was kicked from Cote d'Ivoire, Dinamo Zagreb and Algeria. Three in a row.:D

I found one statistic about the participation of two Croatian best clubs and Lyon. Dinamo played 66 matches in UEFA Champions League, also before 90's, they won in 25 matches, lost in 26 matches.

Dinamo Zagreb: 66 - 25 - 15 - 26
    Lyon: 108 - 53 - 25 - 30
    Hajduk Split: 40 - 18 - 10 - 12

Europa League, UEFA Cup:

Dinamo Zagreb 88 - 32 - 22 - 34
    Hajduk Split 90 - 39 - 19 - 32

Qualifying matches included , Last updated: Last updated: 15/09/2011 09:05 CET

Qualifying matches included, Last updated: 28/09/2011 01:28 CET

He said: "You don't need me for explanations, you have experts in Dinamo,they should explain everything. They can work only in Dinamo. I dould not know what is happening in Zagreb, I am in Lille now."

But he can't work in Dinamo, Vahid. Average coach.:D

Ex player of Dinamo Zagreb, Eduardo da Silva, with his Croatian wife Andrea:

[​IMG]

He played since 81' minute for his Shakhtar Donetsk against APOEL. Darijo Srna, captain of Shakhktar played the whole match.

Lyon - GNK Dinamo Zagreb: UEFA Report.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/matches/round=2000263/match=2007591/index.html

Remi Garde, Krunoslav Jurcic: http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...atch/quotes/index.html#garde+hails+lyon+heart

Lively Lyon prove too strong for Dinamo:
    http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...263/match=2007591/postmatch/report/index.html

First-half goals from Bafétimbi Gomis and Bakary Koné earned Rémi Garde a first group stage victory as Olympique Lyonnais coach against GNK Dinamo Zagreb.

The Ligue 1 outfit failed to win their last five UEFA Champions League games under Claude Puel and, under Garde, drew with AFC Ajax a fortnight ago in their Group D opener. Yet from the moment Gomis broke the deadlock with an exquisite chip on 23 minutes a home victory looked inevitable. Indeed, OL might have won more comfortably but squandered several chances before and after Koné sealed victory three minutes before the break.

The Gones began in determined fashion, peppering the visitors' back line with crosses. Gomis might have registered in the third minute after Clément Grenier's centre had been helped on by Jimmy Briand, yet the French international blasted over. Grenier was impressing again, the 20-year-old playmaker wreaking havoc with his 17th-minute corner only for Maxime Gonalons to sky the ball when well placed.

Lyon's energetic pressing game was pinning Krunoslav Jurčić's charges deep in their own territory and ultimately resulted in a costly mistake from Adrián Calello. Under pressure from Kim Källström, the midfielder played Gomis clear with a sloppy back pass and the former AS Saint-Étienne striker surged forward before executing a delightful finish over an advanced Ivan Kelava from 25 metres.

Dinamo almost found an instant response but Fatos Beqiraj failed to get a decisive touch on Luis Ibáñez's low cross and Garde's team quickly seized the initiative again. After Gomis had side-footed Källström's pinpoint pass off target from close range, centre-back Koné produced a far better finish from Grenier's corner, the defender arriving unmarked in the middle and blasting past Kelava.

The hosts had their tails up and Grenier almost added a third on the stroke of half-time, taking Källström's left-wing cross expertly in his stride before forcing Kelava in to a sharp save. The introduction of two defenders, Josip Šimunić and Ivan Tomečak, helped tame Lyon in the second period, although it also reduced Dinamo's attacking options. Hugo Lloris was belatedly called into action in the final 20 minutes, pushing out Tonel's header then saving Jerko Leko's near-post shot.

It was too little too late from the Croatian double winners, who will be without the suspended Leko when they entertain AFC Ajax on 18 October, when Lyon travel to section pacesetters Real Madrid CF.

MATCH AND PLAYERS STATISTICS:
    http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...match=2007591/postmatch/statistics/index.html

Lyon won 5-4 in attempts on target. Dinamo demonstrated that they don't have mature style of game, they must use their chances. Lyon had 5 chances and thy used two chances. Also Dinamo players don't shot to much from distance. Lyon had ten shots of target, Dinamo had only two shots. Dinamo needed to make more fouls, tactical fouls. Dinamo lives dangerous, Lyon had seven off-sides, defense can't set up off-sides every time.

Lyon scored two easy goals, Dinamo players should stop this. Pokrivac gave the ball directly to Gomis and he scored, in the second goal, players of Dinamo were close to the goal, Lyon player jumped over one player, pulled him down a bit, and other player scored the goal.

Nikola Pokrivac isn't material for the Champons League.
    Luis Ibanez made one big error, he tried to clean his space infront of the goal, but he punched the ball and she left in a opposite way to Lyon wing player on the other side. Never seen this, from the left side he kicked and missed the ball, she left straight on the right side.

Also, Fatos Beqiraj had one great chance and Domagoj Vida, he was so angry, that we all could read from his lips what he said.:)

Next match is against Ajax Amsterdam in Zagreb I think.

17. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Small introduction with the name of Dinamo in general way:

In Ancient Greek language "dunamis" means power, strength, force. Australia and South America are the only continents that don't have the name of Dinamo in their countries in official matches.

In philosophy, Potentiality and Actuality, Dunamis or dynamis (δύναμις) as it is used by Aristotle as a concept contrasting with actuality. Its Latin translation is "potentia", root of the English word potential, and used by some scholars instead of the Greek or English variants. Dunamis is an ordinary Greek word for possibility or capability. Depending on context, it could be translated "potency", "potential", "capacity", "ability", "power", "capability", "strength", "possibility", "force" and is the root of modern English words "dynamic", "dynamite", and "dynamo". In early modern philosophy, English authors like Hobbes and Locke used the English word "power" as their translation of Latin potentia.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potentiality_and_actuality

Before existed one Croatian club in Australia, but he was disbanded, probably problems with land.

Croatian football clubs in Australia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Croatian_football_clubs_in_Australia

The oldest Dinamo is Dynamo Moscow - 1927. year.
    The richest Dinamo is Dynamo Kiev.
    The weakest Dinamo is Dinamo Kingston in England. Players pay 4 pounds for training and 10 pounds for the match, amateur local English leagues.

Dinamo with most trophies is Dynamo Harare from Zimbambwe. They won 18 times national titles until 2009. year. I don't know if they won any trophy since 2009.

Countries that have Dinamo:

USA: Pittsburgh Dinamo, Houston Dynamo, NJ Dynamo Soccer.
    England: Loughborough Dinamo FC, Duffield Dinamo FC, Dynamo Kingston FC
    Germany: Berliner FC Dinamo, SG Dynamo Dresden
    Russia: Dinamo Moscow, Dinamo Bryansk, Dinamo Stavropol, Dinamo Makhachkala
    Estonia: Dünamo Tallin
    Belarus: FC Dinamo Brest, Dinamo Minsk
    Ukraine: Dynamo Kiev
    Georgia: FC Dinamo Batumi, FC Dinamo Sokhumi, FC Dinamo Tblisi
    Serbia: Dinamo Pančevo, Dinamo Vranje
    Romania: Dinamo Bucuresti
    Moldova: FC Dinamo Bender
    Cameroon: Dynamo Dovala
    Zimbambwe: Dynamo Hahare
    Madagascar: Dinamo Fima
    Kirghistan: FC Dordoi - Dynamo
    Latvia: FK Dinamo - Rinuž/Lasd
    Albania: KS Dinamo Tirana

Most of them are from the ex-Eastern (Soviet, Yugoslav) Block, but there are also some Dinamo's in other countries. But all of them were founded because of Dynamo Moscow probably, he is the oldest club. Dinamo Zagreb was founded 1911., but he changed the name in Dinamo 1945. Because of that Dinamo is younger, but Dinamo was founded 1911. as HASK.

18. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    William Alexander Molano in GNK Dinamo Zagreb:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1159152

His grandmother is Croatian and his father (Molano) is Colombian, he was born in USA. He could play for Croatian NT, because of "granny rule". Popular name for that FIFA law.

http://www.tportal.hr/sport/TcomPrvaHNL/34365/Talentirani-Amerikanac-stigao-u-Dinamo.html

"He has been out injured in the previous three games and will now also miss the last four games of the season because of that injury. The situation looks bad in the table for Boden who needs to get quite a few wins in the remaining games to avoid relegation."

Anyone knows about Boden club where Molano plays?

19. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  20. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    There were pitch invasion by the Zrinjski Mostar fans, after the Velez Mostar goal. :eek: I think this happened in Herzegovina.
    I don't get why that stadium doesn't have protection around the field.:confused:
    Another question: where are the policemen?

http://www.cooperativa.cl/prontus_media/site/edic/base/port/videos.html?_ts=20110930140640

21. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Yes, I have heard about this. Zrinjski Mostar is a Croatian club, Velez Mostar is a Muslim socialistic club. Velez doesn't have anything with Velez Sarsfield. Velež is a mountain in Mostar. Velež Mostar scored I think for 1-0 and Croats didn't liked this so they entered on the court.:D Both clubs are from Mostar, Herzegovina.

Zrinjski Mostar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HŠK_Zrinjski_Mostar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FK_Velež_Mostar

They wanted to name this club Hrvatski Sokol, Croatian Hawk - 1906.
    Turbulent history because of Croatian community who founded this club.

Zrinjski was banned during Yugoslavia. You can see red communist star as their coat of arm.:D Mostly Muslims play there, but there are some Serbs and one Montenegrin. Under Bosnian flag you can also see some Serbs: Perica Ivetić (maybe Croat), but Croats don't play for this club after the war, so probably he is a Serb.

For example this player from Mostar can describe multicultural heritage:

Sergej Barbarez: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergej_Barbarez

Sergej Barbarez was born to father Ljubo and mother Zlata, in the city of Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina (then part of Yugoslavia). His father is Bosnian Serb (Orthodox Christian) and his mother is half-Croat (Catholic) and half-Bosniak (Muslim).

During Yugoslavia, some Croats were notable in Velez: Ivica Barbarić, Vladimir Gudelj, Goran Jurić, Predrag Jurić, Vladimir Matijević (maybe Croat, maybe Serb), Boro Primorac, Draženko Prskalo, Ivo Prskalo, Blaž Slišković, Jadranko Topić (maybe Croat, maybe Serb), Franjo Vladic.

From 29 notable players, possible 10 were Croats, Matijevic and Topic are suspicious. Croats here also had a great influence. Sergej Barbarez also has some Croat heritage, but he isn't here.

Others are Serbs or Muslims. Croat Boro Primorac is assistant of Arsene Wenger today. Some experts say that Primorac is in charge when is the question of transfers and dealing with tactics. Their friendship is since France.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boro_Primorac

"Primorac is fluent in 9 languages: Croatian, Macedonian, French, English, Japanese, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. Those who have worked with Primorac at Arsenal talk of a charming, highly-intelligent individual whose language skills puts even Arsène Wenger in the shade.":D

Interesting, he doesn't know Serbian.:D Croats understand Serbian, only letter is totally different. Serbs understand Croatian and our letter, because Latin letter is much easier.

But it's sad when you see violent videos. Mostar was destroyed during the war, because of that wounds don't heal, also Muslims in Bosnia and Mostar supported Turkey against Croatia on EURO 2008. They celebrated like they were on EURO. On Yugoslav players thread I putted these videos of celebration. They said Mostar is Turkey, This is Turkey.:rolleyes:

Also, this conflict in Croatia is weird, Rijeka and Pula are close cities, not very distant.

22. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Dinamo Zagreb is playing against Sibenik now, after seven minutes, Dinamo has an advantage of 1-0. Goal scorer was Sammir in the second minute.:D

New "secreatary" of Dinamo Zagreb Viktorija Sebalj is still in headlines.:D

http://sportski.net.hr/videosport/page/2011/10/01/0411006.html

Opponent of Dinamo Zagreb in this years Champions League - Real Madrid had a barbecue. Always Coca Cola.:)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVYYexYD9A&feature=player_embedded"]Mourinho invites the Real Madrid squad to BBQ after training! - YouTube[/ame]

I predict 4-0 for Dinamo against Sibenik.:D Another usual day in Croatian national league.:p Hosts are taking points.:)

http://soccerstats.com/livescores.asp#6306

23. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  24. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Dinamo going to be the Champion again, and unbeaten.

(The question is: which club will be 2nd?: Hajduk or another club?)

Dinamo must concentrate all its efforts in Ajax and O.Lyonnais.

25. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Probably Dinamo Zagreb will win this season, Hajduk Split will achieve the second place, but RNK Split also has nice results. For Croatian football it would be better that better team scores the second place, because league will get more reputation, more points and possibly some day direct entrance in Champions League. For now Croatian champion must play six matches so that they could enter in group competitions.:p At least you see exotic countries (Azerbaijan, Moldova, Armenia...).:D

I have read that Ivan Santini could be transfer in Dinamo Zagreb, he is a top scoarer of croatian league for now, he plays in Zadar. He is a Croat of Italian heritage. But I have read that Hajduk Split wants him.

NK Zadar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NK_Zadar

Ivan Santini: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Santini

He has a nice score and he played some matches in Germany, only six matches, but it's experience anyway.:D