Dinamo Zagreb 06/07

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by zagorje_do_meksika, Jun 15, 2006.

1. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    I agree, last year they did decently just by beating Ajax, even though they chocked in the Uefa Cup, with this draw they can actually get to the group stages, it would be really good for the Croatian domestic league.

2. Durian Durian

Durian Durian New Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Vancouver
    I agree. In time for Prva HNL's expansion, there is potential for our two "International" clubs to have European success. I know I'll be cutting work to catch their Champions League matches if they make it that far, I have a feeling they'll make it. I don't think Mamic would look favourably upon losing to Wisla or Beitar or even his Slovenian counterparts.

Its been a long time since the old strong Yugoslav league where there was such fierce competition.

3. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    When was the draw? :eek:

4. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
  5. Durian Durian

Durian Durian New Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Vancouver
    I had some chart printed off that placed all the clubs into pools and winner of what match plays the winner of what match, because I wanted to track how realistic of a chance dinamo had this year in qualifying compared to the past couple years where they'd always get tossed by a G14 club in the last round. they still have to beat Domzale before they can begin to salivate at the prospect in qualification, but it seems good this year.

whitestones, I'm going to be in Toronto for Toronto vs. New England (travelling to Toronto for 2 weeks in August for other reasons), where would good seats be to purchase?

6. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    he is a product of the dinamo youth academy..he played last year at lokamotiv which was 3rd division in the hnl.they have now moved up tp second division..badelj has been a talent they have talked about since last year as the player who could be modric's repalcement..he not as quick or as fast as luka but he has very good tecnnique and vision of the field..one to watch for the future for the national team i believe..another who kid who i saw play who impressed me was that kid ticinovic from hajduk..very quick feet and good with the ball at his feet..he is only 16 and already scored his first score in the uefa cup game last week..many people have compared him to nedved..

7. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    I heard he was from zagreb's youth academy and dinamo stole him away :p

8. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    ye i have heard that as well..he scored a really nice goal to beat rijeka in the first game..he also played very well in the first leg against linfield..

9. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Likely. But who cares, he plays for Dinamo now! :p

10. Durian Durian

Durian Durian New Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Vancouver
  11. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    How has Morales performed? I know he played a few minutes in the last match against the Swedish team when the game was already defined.

Greetings.

12. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Dinamo vs Shakhtar Donetsk. Ukrainians have some experience in the League but are a doable opponent. C'mon Purgeri - I love to hate you but I really want to see a Croatian team in the Champs League...

13. Durian Durian

Durian Durian New Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Vancouver
    I heard about that, the draw card I had was wrong. Does anyone know how the draw is determined?

14. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Against the Slovenian team, Domžale. He didn't have much time and did OK. Nothing out of the ordinary. Still expecting him to show his true face.
    That would be awesome, we all yearn for it here!
    Shakhtar makes a very tough opposition, but I think we can get them if we manage to establish our game. Plus the 2nd leg is played at Maksimir, so that's kind of an advantage. And, for the record, Dinamo has been playing key European matches better when away in the last 2 years.
    The draws are held in the Swiss town of Nyon. You can always find out the dates and follow the draws live at uefa.com.

15. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    Shakhtar are a tough opponent, they have a filthy rich owner with a lot of money to spend so they have a very decent team. It will be tough to beat them but hopefully since our season has started earlier Dinamo will be able to get into form and overcome them.

16. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    As the game comes closer, it seems to me like 50-50.

17. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    50-50, no way!! Shakhtar has been a regular in the Champions league group stages for a couple of years now and Dinamo has not made it in a while. Im not saying its impossible but its hardly 50-50

18. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Okay, 40-60 in favour of Shakhtar, but that's the lowest I go. :D
    For real, that's how I see it. You're right that Shakthar does have a bit bigger chance, but when it comes to 180 mins (or more), 11 vs 11 and motivation the most important factor, I think it can go either way. Of course I hope it'll go Dinamo way.

19. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    what a shit draw, not a good away game and stronger opponent :D

20. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    You have a good chances right now, cause Shakhtar out of shape right now and we have some problems with motivation.
    Except one man. Darijo very happy about draw results. Seems he do anything to prevent you.

Anyway, good luck, see you soon.

21. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    yes well srna played for hajduksplit which is dinamo zagreb's biggest rival so i am sure he is relishing the chance of knocking dinamo out of the champions league..

22. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Domžale 2nd leg tonight. Expecting an average game with the score 1-0 in favour of Dinamo.

23. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Dinamo wins 3-2 and gets bad press about it...as a Dinamo-hater, it really ticks me off that I have to defend them but what did everyone expect? They were up 3-0 from the first leg for Christ's sake.
    And BBB is booing Mirko Hrgović after he scores a goal (is that really true?) - those losers really need to get a life...and stop throwing flares on the friggin field...BBBulldog, can't you talk to your boys and calm them down a bit as it seems that I want to see Dinamo do well more than they do?

24. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Awesome free kick by Hrgović, he didn't deserve the booing, but it was the minority at the stadium who did that.
    Now a routine game against Croatia Sesvete on Saturday (re-scheduled) and Shakhtar real business on Tuesday.

25. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    i dont know how true this is but i heard the reason why BBB hates hrgovic so much is because supposedly some BBB fan got into with a torcida fan in a indoor tournament and hrgovic stepped in and kicked the BBB fans ass..again this is something ive heard i dont know if its true..