Digital Camera Help

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Scoey, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Scoey

Scoey Member

Oct 1, 1999
    Portland
    So, my digital camera was stolen out of my car while I was fishing. I'm going to get a new one, but I'm not sure what to do. Gateway has a 4 mexapixel model with all the features I want for $199 -- substantially cheaper than anything else on the market. But I'm skeptical, not having read reviews or seen sample images. Anybody have any experience with these (relatively new) cameras?

Failing that, can anybody recommend a quality, inexpensive digital camera? Don't need pro quality -- just an easy to use camera that will take photos good enough to print at 3x5, with an optical zoom, and preferably a movie mode.

2. Cannonfodder

Cannonfodder New Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Hmmm...not too much into digital cameras but I do suggest a few sites that sometimes give you ideas on deals:

www.fatwallet.com
    www.bensbargains.net

Both those sites sometimes give some reviews on the products that have dropped in price...sometimes you can also find some deals on www.hardforums.com under the [H]otDeals section.

3. WolfGang

WolfGang New Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Ohio
  4. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Digital Camera

I've always had sucess with the Sony Mavica line.
    They are durable and take great pictures.

5. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    I just did the digital camera reseach thing a few weeks ago and ended up buying a Kodak 6340. Does everything I need, as did many others, but it was the docking unit that got me hooked. Drop it into the dock and it automatically starts recharging the battery and transfers pictures/movies via USB at the touch of a button.

Needless to say I'm very happy with it.

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuer...7&Submit.y=7&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=22611

[​IMG]