Difference?

Discussion in 'San Jose Supporters Clubs' started by aguilas, Dec 13, 2007.

1. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    Whats the difference between the casbah and 1906/ultras?

Are you guys cool with eachother or what?

2. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    Casbah, is rated "PG"
    1906/Ultras, rated "R"

Everyone is cool with each other, but expect to see some friendly competition between the two groups.

Check out www.sjultras.com

3. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    That's one fundamental difference. Also, 1906 Ultras will probably turn out to be a little more hardcore in terms of membership and amount of choreography. If you want to sing and beat drums and bring your young children or just go by yourself, go to the Casbah. If you don't mind a little drunkenness, the occasional curse word, some nasty chants and a lot of jumping, go to 1906 Ultras. We're not made of beer and cursing, that's just a by-product.

4. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You guys want hardcore, Aguilas is your man. Where you been bro as I haven't seen you post much lately?

Both groups are cool with each other as I know what you're asking. The 1906 Ultras are Monumental :)

Let the rest of SF Monu know that if you sign up for membership for the 1906 Ultras ($25) you not only get a scarf, but you will be put in a drawing to win season tickets as well.

Hope you guys bring it ...

5. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    The Casbah has better "seats." I can promise you there will be drinking and swearing there too.

6. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about the better seats thing. I have been to Buck Shaw and the view from behind the goal there isn't all that but whatever, to each his own. As for Oakland since we are right next to each other that doesn't matter.

Oh thats right I forgot, you guys sit. :)

7. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually all kidding aside, the two groups have been working together on several things. Right now though we are both trying to get our own sides together but before the season starts we will have a couple of joint chants, and maybe a call and response or two. Also we are trying to get a joint trip to LA for the scum match in April so will see if that comes together. By no means is there any ill will between the two groups. At least from our end, I can't speak for the Casbah but like I said we have had a great relationship so far.

8. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Putting the two groups side by side will be fun, but for that brief shining moment when both the Ultras and the Casbah had good crowds it was awesome to have fans acting up and generating atmosphere from both ends of the stadium.

Was that considered this time round?

9. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For sure, the first time we went to Buck Shaw we went together and made the decision early on to have one group at each end for the exact reason you mentioned. I think the logic at the Oakland Colosseum is since the place is a giant cavern the only way we will be able to generate any noise in that place is together.

10. Melman6

Melman6 New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Fremont
    As was stated before Casbah and the 1906-Ultras are working together on several things and will continue to work together to make the Earthquakes the best supported club in MLS. Expect the new Casbah in stadium experience to be like before. Also expect that we will be doing joint cross stadium chants. The 1906-Ultras as I understand are looking to recruit a crowd with a harder edge. The Casbah are open to anyone looking to get the full passionate experience of a Quakes game.

11. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never. Players up, and so are we.:)

12. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    So the casbah is a more family oriented group? Me and some of my boys are gonna start goin to the games, I was just tryin to get a feel for the 2 group.

13. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The 1906 component of the 1906/Ultras was formed originally as a supporters' group for the California Victory, which played games at SF's Kezar Stadium. Since you are from SF, you may want to join that group. They will likely have activities in SF, including away game viewing parties.

14. Quake408

Quake408 New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    San Jose
    so there is 1906 Ultras and Casbah what about the club quake? As of right now i am located next to the Casbah seation...I am new to this Club atmosphere....as well wanted to get the feeling from both the group. From reading the sites i see that the group work together on a couple things.

15. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    ClubQuake does not have its own section. Its members sit throughout the stadium. ClubQuake is a more general fan club that, for example, organizes tailgates (there will be one for the home opener April 12), bus transportation (ditto), roadtrips (there will be one to Home Depot Center for the road opener on April 3), merchandise (stay tuned), and end-of-season get-togethers with the players (same). Club Quake and SSV Community Foundation are also planning another Light-the-Night Walk contingent for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in the fall.

By the way, nothing prevents you from being a member of all the supporters' groups (as I am), but of course the laws of physics require that you sit or stand in only one place in the stadium.

16. meltoid

meltoid New Member

Apr 8, 2008
    san jose
    My first game I ended up by the Casbah and the whole time I was wishing I was in it. Just look for the gigantic blue flag. If that and constant cheering and drumming doesnt show the Quakes that you love 'em, I don't know what will.

Family-oriented sounds like its more toned down. But I dont think it is. Just means that its a diverse group of people who want to get into the game, yell and scream, which I think all kids want to do anyway! :cool:

Plus we have a song that goes: Oh when the quakes go marching in, I want to be in the Casbah, when the quakes go marching in! hee hee!

17. morgan1906ultras

morgan1906ultras New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    one good difference is about TIFO.
    In the Ultras section, we try to organize some big Tifo for the team.

GO SJ and p.. on LA

18. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Welcome to BigSoccer, Morgan!