Diego Costa curse?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014: General' started by gameson, Jun 18, 2014.

1. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Spain got cursed for stealing a Brazil player? :D :D :D

2. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    He doesn't fit Spain.. He's of been a better fit at Brazil

3. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    he is a fool for choosing spain. how much better did he think spain is to snub his own country for? seriously. i understand if he was from somewhere that had a meaningful tier gap with spain, up to about colombia. but snubbing brazil for spain? wtf? there goes his international career.

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He did turn the home crowd very hostile to Spain. Last night, it was all pro-Chile.

5. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Costa would of been great if

a) he would of been fit. Everyone knows he's had injuries the last 2 months and hasn't been 100% physically
    b) if he would of had at least a year to play with the team and learn the system

Because of those two reasons I think it was stupid to play him. I don't understand how Fernando Llorente didn't start for Spain. Great season at Juve. Even Torres got picked ahead of Llorente ... Stupid

Also don't understand why someone like Navas wasn't there. Spain desperately needed some speed. And why no young players? Isco, Illaramendi and Dani Carbajal all were very important at Real at the end of the season. This Spain team was desperately lacking some of that young energy.

Old coach, old players, old ideas ... not good enough.

locoxriver and "Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  6. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Even if it currently looks dark for the Spanish NT the group stage exit could wake some people up and ease the rebuilding of the team. Diego Costa will be questioned as some of the experienced players.

7. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    question is who will be the new coach?

8. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    What did you expected ?
    More than half of the crowd were chileans or pro-chileans (didn't you listen them while they sang the National anthem "a cappella", before the match started ?).

9. Chris Phillips

Chris Phillips New Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pains me to say it as a Chelsea fan but I fear he may struggle in the Premier League.

10. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I think EPL will suit Costa, he'll enjoy every game imo as he'll get away with more physical play

11. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Costa will be fine in England. He is world class. He just needs these next few weeks to get rid of his little injuries and get his fitness back. He had a very long season at Atletico playing a ton of minutes ... even playing through injuries at the end.

Also he will actually train with his Chelsea team mates day in and day out. With Spain he was put in the middle of the action with only 3 games with the first team.

Deand21594 repped this.