Diego comment...

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by |--LdC--|, Apr 22, 2005.

1. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    "Ganho bem pra caramba" --» http://www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=670649&idCanal=17
    I wonder when will he start playing "bem pra caramba..."
    Well at least he is sincere...next one will be Fabiano saying "me leaving FC Porto?! no way i get loads of money with this contract, i want to milk it till the end..."

2. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm still not writing off Diego. I think the kid can still develop to being a dominant player in the Superliga.

3. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I wouldn't either. Remember when Deco started playing for Porto? Nothing special at first but developed to be one of the best in europe.

4. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    what does "bem pra caramba..." mean

5. robocope

robocope New Member

Apr 9, 2005
    Lisbon
    It means very big money!

6. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Well but Deco was just a another kid with potential... Diego was the "white Pélé in Santos..." an emerging superstar, Brazilian international... etc etc, he is young and has a lot of potential but i was expecting more of him and this type of comments won´t help him get the respect of the supporters, even if it was taken out of context...

7. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    I think that some of these players, including some Portuguese yong players see money and they forget about the development. Look at players like Hugo Viana, Simao, QUaresma that went early to play for a foreigner team and had to come back home. Moving away form your fanily at an eraly age is not for everyone. Some of these younger players should stay in their developing teams until they are at least 23-34

Also some players just don't make in other countries. Look at Roger, he plays good in Brazil. Luis Fabiabo is another example. He tried Europe, was not successfull and went back to Brazil and did good. And now at Porto is not livving up to it

8. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    As nice as it is to have young players with the potential of a Diego, or Lucho, or Quaresma - I wish Porto would get back into building the team from within their own system and using players that are not as well known, but have tons of heart and LOVE wearing the Porto shirt.

9. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    I agree with what you said about the Brazilian players but about the young Portuguese players i´d like to say that sometimes they have no other option than to accept their club request, for instance Hugo Viana was sold by Sporting because they were desperatly needing money, the same happened to Postiga in FC Porto, obviously the players were atracted by the higher wages but we all know that Newcastle and Tottenham aren´t the so called big teams in fact they are inferior to both Sporting and FC Porto, i am sure that if Sporting and FC Porto didn´t had financial problems and could offer an increase on the wages of this players they would stay without problem, the situation of Simão and Quaresma its different, Sporting still needed the money but the in this case even if they didn´t needed the money they couldn´t refuse to sell one of their players to a club like Barcelona and i bet even if Barcelona offered a inferior contract to the one they had in Sporting they still would accept it and would go to Barcelona.

10. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    I couldn´t agree more.
    I said it before this season started and i wasn´t wrong...