Die Haupstadt! Hertha BSC Berlin 2005-2006 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Too bad nobody's coming, would have been great to meat some of you guys...

2. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Jay Bothroyd continues on trial...the more that is said about him, the less I'm impressed with him. I don't think we should sign him (now)

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

But I thought you guys were so desperate?? LOL!! ;)

4. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    You know, being an Hertha fan is like being a Red Sox fan b4 the World Series win...a lot of talk, and a whole bunch of nothing.

Maybe when we win the Bundesliga, ppl might actually come for once. Then we can talk. :) :cool:

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, for the longest, Hertha was a player's option after Bayern, Leverkusen, Dortmund and Schalke.

On that list now, you can put Schalke right behind Bayern and move Hertha in right behind Schalke. Bremen would replace Dortmund on the list right behind Hertha and Stuttgart would go on the list now ahead of Dortmund also.

I think Bremen would be ahead of Hertha, but Bremen don't pay as much as Hertha does.

I think I'd better keep my opinion of when you guys will win the Bundesliga to myself!! I'll just say I hope you guys surprise me!!! :)

6. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yea but Werder have CL football thats a huge advantage. BVB always have their fans, and thats always a good selling point. VfB is above Hertha right now, now that they still got some money from selling Hleb and Kuranyi.

I say:

1.Bayern
    2.Schalke
    3.Stuttgart
    4.Werder
    5.Hertha
    6.Bayer (they pay well, but not as well as b4)

Oh yea, and in friendly news, Hertha tie Roma in Bozen and win 6:5 on penalties. Not bad, Roma is good opposition. Next up: Feyenoord in Rotterdam I believe.

7. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Don't sign Bothroyd, i watched a few of his performances when he was still in Serie A with Perugia(i think) and he was truly a load of SH!T.

I do wonder though how it can be so hard to sign players when you live in one of if not the most appealing cities in Europe. I think its simply unintelligent management and marketing.

A draw against Roma is a good score, they are better than you guys.

8. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yea, Hoeness isn't very bright...lol. jk

Iono...Berlin and Paris kinda have the same problem, nice city, but not a nice, football city. Paris and Berlin don't jump out as football cities, which I guess is a problem. If there was another good team in either city, I think there would be a LOT more interest because of rivalries and such. But oh well, what can you do, i can't help it if Union and TeBe ******** up. :D

And I just read the scoreline from last nights CL qualifiers....Artmedia Bratislava 5-Celtic 0. I know this has NOTHING to do with Hertha, but isn't that the most pathetic scoreline ever??? Hopefully Hertha will do this to someone, hopefully, oh I dunno lets see...Liverpool when they get knocked out of CL :D

9. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Nando Rafael a German citizen now...opens up a non-EU spot for Hertha, if they need one.

Wondering....does Santa Cruz have a European passport?

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, he does. Spanish.

11. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Thanks, thought they might have done this for Nando so they could fit Roque easily.

12. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Bad preseason loss today to Feyenoord...Okoronkwo and Zecke both got reds and they lost 0:3. I say this preseason hasn't been to plan, we haven't played that great, but thats preseason, and the best thing is, only one injury to speak, that of Fiedler.

Hertha U23s beat Preussen Munster 1:0 thanks to Sejad Salihovic goal in Regionalliga action.

Other than that, another quiet day. Good thing we don't have a Hertha sub-forum, this summer was VERY lean in news, just the regular stuff (Brazilians missing, transfer rumours, but no signings) :mad:

13. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hertha are after 26 year Serbian international striker Mirko Pantelic. At 1.83 cm he is the next striker, Hertha are after. Looks fairly promising, but can he do anything? I don't know anything about this player.

And what's the deal with Hertha and the Nigerian FA. I don't understand why Nigeria doesn't release Solomon Okoronkwo. He may not be able to play in the season opener against Hannover 96.

14. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    haha, yeah. A Brazilian stars career would never be complete if they didn't arrive back late from their vacation and blame it on an airline or on someone being sick in the family :p

15. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hehe well put. I dunno whats in the air over there, everyone who comes from Brazil seems to have an ego problem. But, if your country wins everything and has the best players, I think you are entitled to a big of an over-ego

16. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hertha beats 7th division side Eintracht Königs Wusterhausen 17-0 in the last friendly before the season begins.

Can't wait for the season now, only a few days away!!! :cool:

17. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hannover has injury problems, but so do Hertha. Basteurk, Gilberto, Fiedler and Okoronkwo (not released) are unavailable for Hertha, while Marcelinho, Friedrich and van Burik have minor knocks, but they will start. Zecke, Schroeder, Tremmel and Nando/Artur Wichniarek will be in the lineup.

18. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I like talking to myself.

Thats what happens when Stuttgart gets 2 classy players, Schalke low-blows someone, Werder's transfer sagas and Hamburg's Intertoto campaign...someone has to be left on the wayside and that is us.

But when the season starts...everyone will come back

Back then, ppl didnt want me...
    Now I'm hot, they all on me... :D

19. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Confirmation that Hertha is after Marko Pandelic, Serbian striker http://skysports.planetfootball.com...&title=Hertha+target+Pantelic&channel=germany

Not a ground breaking transfer, but one that could be one of the most important. If he delivers some goals (10+ too much of a stretch??), then he would be just as good as a transfer as Tomasson and Kuranyi IMO.

And if he does well, we'll have a pretty good strikeforce next year, if, as expected, Roque Santa Cruz comes.

20. jdoppel

jdoppel Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dont worry man. i am right here reading.

but honestly there is just a lot of talk. hopefully Hertha will sign another forward, but we can only wait and see.

Reading the Bundesliga website, etc. it seems people are predicting a Hertha win, because we havent lost at Hannover since 1974.

21. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    0-0....no sign of a Tremmel melt down as of yet :D

22. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Damn we blew a 2-0 lead...but oh well...imagine my surprise when I saw Wichniarek score!! Wow, amazing. But a fair start to the season, but I hope we don't see anything like the start of 2 seasons ago.

23. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Wichniarek had a 3.5 kicker rating and Nando a 4. Not a bad start for the season, maybe Hertha should go for 4-4-2 like they were doing last game. However, they had Schroeder in the lineup as well as a not 100% Gilberto. Hopefully Basteurk will come back soon for the Frankfurt match.

Nothing more than a win will satisfy me. However, looking back, our home debuts are not so good...we tied Mainz last year in our home debut and they had just come up to the big boys just like Frankfurt has done this year. But I'm hopeful. It'll be a good runup to the Bayern game the week after in their spanking new stadion.

24. jdoppel

jdoppel Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its just like any other year, it takes a while to get going. We should be able to beat up on Eintracht. If Basturk does make it back i think our formation will have to change. there just isnt any reason to have both Nando and Wichniarek in the lineup when you have a healthy Marcelinho, Basturk, and Gilberto. Neither Basturk nor Marcelo play well in wide positions. I think you need to have both of them in the center working together. That also means you need some defensive minded player behind them so a 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 is needed. I guess we could go with a box midfield and play 4-2-2-2 with Gilberto and Kovac as the holding midfielders, and then M. and B. in front of them. The width could come from all those overlapping runs of Friedrich.

i dont know. Hertha should win, they have a lot of options in midfield, and if Wichniarek and Nando play well, we will continue to win a lot of games. i am disappointed they didnt protect that 2 goal lead, but hopefully that wont continue.

25. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Anything less than a win would be a travesty IMO, Frankfurt is my only "certain" team to go down this season. But it's early in the season, anything can happen.

You are right about Basteurk though, if he's healthy, there is no reason to have 2 in front. But if he isn't, you have to be encouraged about last weeks performance. However, I am still concerned about the fact that we have not won once w/out Basteurk since we have signed him.

And we can't do a box lineup. Gilberto will never be a defensive mid like Kovac. I'm just wondering why Schroeder was in the lineup...Zecke I think should have been in there instead.