Die Haupstadt! Hertha BSC Berlin 2005-2006 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    you're not to far away yourself Squig...but more reps.

Evidently you just like sucking up to ppl haha jk

2. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hertha is taking 1.90 meter striker Jon Bothroyd on trial. Big target man. Last played for Perugia, playing 26 games and scoring 4 times. Right now, though, anyone will do. We probably need someone better though. :(

3. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Wow, you guys really post a lot. I mean, I am on this site longer then both of you combined and still have less than 1500 posts...

4. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well, at the other hand there is not so much to say about your team ;-)

you'r just jellous ;-)
    plus I will celebrate my 1896th post, the 1000 doesn't really matter ;-)

5. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Haha, once I have 1896 I will stop and use a new name! :D

6. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yea to have "Hannover96woman" :D

7. SubPop77

SubPop77 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Seattle WA/Berlin DE
    300 posts and girl...youll be a woman...soon....

Anyone get the reference? :)

8. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  9. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Half of my posts are off-topic anyway :D.

10. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Whos aren't?

11. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    This entire thread is off-topic!!!! :eek:

Actually now that I think of it, I started it by pompously announcing my 1,000th post...my apologies. :D

back to Hertha, the club website says that Wichniarek is being targeted by Bayer Leverkusen. Let's just say I hope he LEAVES, and why the hell would Auge go after such a ******** player when he has Berbatov, Voronin and Franca? :confused:

12. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because Auge has had enough of Franca and they told him he can find a new club.

That and no one seems to believe Wichniarek is as bad as you make him out to be besides Hertha fans.

I know the feeling. The same thing seems to happen to strikers in Dortmund.

And at Dortmund, I knew that in the past, it was that the strikers weren't being taught anything.

I don't know what the deal is at Hertha, but like Dortmund, some pretty decent strikers have failed there........

13. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Well he can't work out here, thats that. He's gotta go. Hopefully the money will be spent on a decent striker. (Maybe our chance at bigger targets? Pandiani was one mentioned, although I doubt it, Birmingham seems to have gotten him). But we need 2...quite frankly, I don't really care if Bothroyd doesn't impress in the trial, I think we NEED to sign him, Nando cannot carry the load by himself, he couldn't do it this year, can't next year. Nando cannot be a single striker, he works hard and is lightning fast, but he can't hold up the ball (i.e. Milan Baros, but younger and less skilled)

14. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A "decent striker"? Alex Alves wasn't a "decent striker"? Ali Daei wasn't a "decent striker"? Luizao wasn't a "decent striker"? All strikers better than Wichniarek, but for all intents and purposes failed at Hertha BSC.

Your club, like ours, just might be "snakebitten" when it comes to strikers. You've had good ones. They just failed! Take a good look at your club. That might be the problem. I know the way BVB is run is part of our problem. A big part.

I don't think Wichniarek is some "star in the making". Hell, he isn't a "top" striker. I know that, but he can't be as bad as you make him out to be.

That being said, I don't know what Leverkusen want with him because he's basically a less-talented Voronin clone.

They'll find someone. You don't sign someone just becuase you need a body. Especially if that person doesn't fit. You are in "panic mode". Be calm and be patient. I think Dieter Hoeness will do something.

He's not stupid like the guys who ran BVB into the ground.......

15. Locke13

Locke13 New Member

May 14, 2004
    Centerport, LI, NY
    I just watched some of the U-19 Championship game, Germany vs. Greece, and the player that really stood out for me was Kevin Prince-Boateng.

He scored an absolute PILEDRIVER from almost half field. It was a bit Marcelinho-esque, but the goalie was much closer to his line, and the shot was less of a lob and more of a bullet. Really amazing goal. He has done really well in the midfield of the U-19 team. I hope he gets a chance with Hertha this year. He could turn out to be a real gem.

16. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    And he's related to Helmut Rahn! :D

17. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I've heard incredible things about him for a 19 year older. Good find, maybe he'll replace Niko Kovac in the long run. :)

18. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Roque Santa Cruz is a recent kicker interview says that he sees himself in a Hertha shirt soon and that he would fit well with the team. Could this be the sign?

19. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    This is my hope the lineup will be for the next season:

-------------Fiedler (when not injured)---------------

Friedrich-------Simunic-------van Burik----------Fathi

-----------------Niko Kovac-------------------------

Marx/Cairo-----------------------------------Gilberto

-------------Basteurk------Marcelinho---------------

-----------------Nando Rafael-----------------------

Subs: Tremmel, Madlung, Schroeder, Dardai, Zecke, Solomon Okoronkwo, Sejad Salihovic

Basically, last year's lineup. of course, lot will depend on getting another striker, if they do, who will they replace, Nando or another midfielder? My guess....Nando will leave.

20. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    A friend of mine just bought my ticket, so I will be at the game.
    Is anybody else coming? We could meet ;-)
    If so, the Maschseefest is going on right next to the stadium (at the Maschlake, surprise). It is a big festival with all kind of drinks, food and music, just one big party. A bit expensive though.
    If I would come to Hanover that day I'd try to plan on staying a night (or taking the first train in the morning).

21. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I definitely won't be there, hah, dunno bout the rest, SubPop77 said he wasn't going to be there so I guess no one is

Btw, are you afraid of using the smiley's? Just wondering. :D

22. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Oh yea, friendly against Roma tomorrow in Bozen. Should be an interesting game. Too bad I lost my Roma shirt I bought in Hong Kong, but whatever, it doesn't fit me anymore anyways probably.

23. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't exactly know where the smileys are at the one hand and actually I prefer the original - non image smileys at the other hand :)

24. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    With Dortmund out of the Intertoto, and Dortmund rather hastily and foolishly squandering money that they didn't have, could a move for Jan Koller be back in the books? Hoeness loves this guy ( I do too, even with Keith's replies of DOOM about him) and he is certainly better than anything we got. It would also give Hertha a bigger profile, how couldn't you when you've got the Yao Ming of football. :D

25. SubPop77

SubPop77 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Seattle WA/Berlin DE
    Im not going to be at the game, Ill be in Budapest backpacking through Europe, I was quite angry to find out that I wouldnt be seeing any Bundesliga games before I go back to Seattle, i thought with 2 weeks in August there would at least be one home came, but no, away, then DFB-Pokal...