Die Haupstadt! Hertha BSC Berlin 2005-2006 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    And yes DF I'll make a new thread once I'm done with my temper tantrum

2. jdoppel

jdoppel Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i listened to this game and we started out totally dominating them. then in the second half all hell broke loose. its as if we just figured we had it won and didnt need to fight anymore. its really just mind-boggling that after being up 2-1 we should give up 3 goals to a non Bundesliga team.

Actually, Pauli's first goal came at the last few moments of the first half and sounded like we just let up and left a man unmarked. at that point we were 2-0 up and dominating.

i just dont understand how our team can play so well in one match and then fall apart in others. there is something very wrong with the team right now. i know we were missing some key players for this match - but that is no excuse. we should have the quality to go out and beat up on a team like St. Pauli fielding only a handful of regular starters.

3. dovifat

dovifat New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    I don't think i have seen even one really good game this season yet. The UEFA Cup matches were all boring to no end. Hertha didn't score a single goal themselves, that's about all that needs to be said i guess.

There were a couple somewhat decent leage matches, but certainly nothing outstanding. The current 5th position is more because of some other teams sucking even worse than Hertha's own performance.

I'm not sure what's wrong this seaon, but Goetz better sort it out fast. Stuttgart and Dortmund are already eyeing that UEFA Cup spot and without European football the financial situation sure won't get any better.

4. MRod

MRod Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Greetings from a Mexican friend! I here that Hertha are interested in Mexican striker Kikin Fonseca; is it actually true, or are our press just blowing it up?

5. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR