Die 05/06 Rot-Weisse Invasion VfB Stuttgart Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Vfbstuttgartfan, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    '82 3-2 Ljuboja. There remains hope.

2. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    FT. We're out.

I'm devastated, i was always telling myself that hey, if we win the DFB Pokal, then a midtable finish wouldn't matter. I can stop kidding myself now, this whole season is one big fvck-up.

3. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Good riddance, Trapattoni.

4. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    There’s no moving him until the end of the season. The people who brought him in would have to admit it was a mistake and pay out the contracts for him and his numerous coaching assistants.

5. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    He was given an ultimatum last week but i think the two good results since then before the Rostock match mean that he will remain coach for now, however an embarrassing loss against Berlin this weekend may still be enough for him to lose his job.

6. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Brehme wouldn't get the job, would he??

NOOOOOO!!!!! Please tell me NOOOOOO!!!

He's worse than Trap or Sammer!!!

7. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I agree, in my opinion Brehme is even more at fault for these performances than Trap. I hope if Trap. does go, so does Brehme.

8. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Anyway, i'm gonna be gone for the next few days so hopefully my tone will be better when i return.

9. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    No posts while i've been gone?! Ach, too bad.

Well, it was obviously a great game on the weekend though i could only watch the highlights. Obviously, giving away three goals at home is a huge no-no but i'm pleased that the boys fought hard, played really good fottball and that there is proof through the goals of Ljuboja, Cacau(goal of the week imo) and Gomey that even without JDT we are still able to score. Having said that, its great that Tomasson is now back and can play after the suspension. Now we must concentrate on the uefa cup game against Shaktar. A win and we're already as good as through, a loss and we could yet be in trouble(though with the Rennes win, i doubt it) - either way, its our toughest game of the group.

10. david29

david29 Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Best of luck for this evening's match, despite the difficult opponent. Hopefully the good form of German sides in recent weeks will continue. A good result here and you would have to be very confident of progression.

11. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Shaktar is a very strong side with a higher budget than VfB.
    So, i wish you all luck against them, a good match and a winner VfB.

12. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I'm entering denial phase now...i just wanna see Trappatoni go, his ideas don't work for this team.

I won't be here on the weekend so others will have to post on the game.

13. Concertmusic

Concertmusic New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    We barely beat a side that would couldn't have scored today if we had played without a keeper, and the manager sounds happy about it? This joke has become stale, and is no longer even remotely funny. I have had enough - Trap must go.

14. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I wanna see him go too but i'm pleased that atleast we won. We could've won by more, if it wasn't for Trap's catenaccio tactics. We're 8th now, our highest position of the season which is one good thing in a group of very poor things. Whatever, next match is "Siegen oder fliegen" for Trap.

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Encouragement for Trap during the match in Nürnberg: ;)
    [​IMG]

16. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    I think trap is trying to peak behind her hands…

17. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    It was derby day yesterday. I was in the Amateuren stadium supporting our own Amateurs against the blue bastards otherwise known as the Kickers. Unfortunately we lost 4-2 but thats life and it was still a fun thing, like all the Stuttgart derbies.

18. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Stuttgart track Farnerud.

Stuttgart are on the trail of Strasbourg playmaker Alexander Farnerud.

Giovanni Trapattoni is looking to strengthen his squad when the transfer window reopens in January and has set his sights on Farnerud.

The Italian tactician is a fan of the young Swede and is trying to tempt struggling Strasbourg into a sale.

Farnerud has recently been out of action with an ankle injury and it is unclear if Strasbourg would be willing to cash in on the 21-year-old.

He joined Ligue 1's bottom club from Landskrona during the 2003/04 season but could now be offered a move to Die Bundesliga.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?...itle=Stuttgart+track+Farnerud&channel=germany
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dunno much about him besides he is young and supposedly talented, i have never seen him in action. However, the fact that he is a playmaker is already very positive, finally Trap. has realised what we really need. But, who's to say that he'll still be around during the winter break?

19. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003
    Isn't it time to start a new Stuttgart thread? It is over 500 posts and the Rot-Weisse Invasion has been more like a polite knock at the European door. :p

20. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    yep. One of you guys can start the next thread. Just remember to put an [R] in the title.

21. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Go back to blackforesttown :p

22. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Ok, i'll do it now.