Did you like the 2003 format for 2004?

Discussion in 'US Open Cup' started by GIO17, Nov 8, 2003.

1. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Barring the usual changes that everyone would like to see for the US Open Cup. Did everyone like the way they did it for this season? Would you like to see it again for next season or scraped and redone like it was last year.

And please. This is not a thread about what changes you would make, or you wish for a 64 single elmination club tourney like what the NCAA does for March Madness.

This is an opinion if you liked the new format that added a 4th Round. Or did you like last years Open Cup with just Rounds One thru three.

That is the question I am asking.

2. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The format was a little quirky where some ameteur teams got a first-round bye (the MM Bucks, for one), and some MLS teams started earlier than others.

3. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I didn't mind it myself. I thought it was interesting. Still it was very entertaining. Just that Replay in my mind should have never happened. The true club that lost was the New Hampshire Phantoms.

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Yea how bout some USFA Cup games on FSW !!!!!
    not just the semis and the final !

5. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    NYR Metro. No opinons about Fox Sports World in this paticular post. This is just about the format of the US Open Cup.

That would be the Brainstorming post.