Did it matter if you were a season ticket holder before the stadium opened?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by oman, Oct 23, 2003.

1. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Hey all you ice fishermen.

I am a loyal Dallas fan, but my family, which always had season tickets, is deserting me this year and does not want to buy season tickets for next years season at our local high school stadium.

Given we share an owner, did it matter if you were a pervious season ticket holder in terms of getting good seats.

My thoughts are that even thought the stadium will be a novelty, even if I let my tickets lapse, I am still going to get a good seat when the stadium opens, because the initial season ticket sales are not going to be overwhelming.

Any thoughts?

2. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The current season ticket holders will obviously be given first choice in your new stadium. You should do what I did. About two thirds of the way through our final season at the Horseshoe, I purchased season tickets for the remainder of the season. I was behind all of the regular season ticket holders, but it put me in front of everyone else.

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does the Burn do partial plans? For 2003, we had a 6 and 9 pack. You don't get ALL the benefits of the FSE, but you get some. With both, you may not get the same exact seat all season long, but you get the same general location, maybe even the same section. Obviously full-season holders will be more towards midfield with partial plan holders more towards the corner.

You could think about what Dallas offers (if any at all). And they'll probably put you on the priority list for 2005.

That first year (especially the first game), the novelty factor will exist. In later years, you'll be able to get seats more towards your liking.

If you're a member of The Inferno, or whatnot, you could check to see if they have a special group price...

4. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Late in 1998, during the fall, current - at the time - season ticket holders were assigned priority numbers and were allowed to choose their own seating locations based on those numbers. Similar to cleazer above I purchased tickets part-way through the season (May 4, 1998 - a graduation gift to myself) so I was allowed to select my seat location prior to those who bought tickets after the 1998 season.

If Frisco is similar, being a current ticket holder will give you more availability when selecting your seating location. Plan accordingly.

5. Crewmudgeon

Crewmudgeon Member+

Sep 3, 1999
    Crewdom
    Yes, and the priority numbers were based on how long you'd been a season ticket holder. But, remember fewer than half the seats in Crew Stadium are sold to season ticket holders. You could sign up for season tickets today, and while you may no get the exact seats you want, you can still get great seats. I don't recall how big the Frisco stadium will be, but I can't imagine anyone wanting season tickets not getting a good seat.

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is true. Even in the corner of the last row of the upper bowl, that's still a great seat. There's only a VERY few seats with limited visibility, and that's because of guardrails around the tunnels, staircases and the bottom of the upper bowl. Even then, you can move 2-3 seats to the left or right and be fine.

Earlier this summer, I went all the way to the seats farthest and highest from the center circle. Since the sideline seats are angled towards the middle, it was still a very good seat. FWIW, I heard it was better than a similar seat in Old Trafford.

7. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    ANother alternative is to drop down to the min number of seats and maintain your current priority number. You can add more seats when Frico is ready...

8. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Ice Fisherman? What the hell is this Alaska?