Did Hankinson just lose his job?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by greenie, Oct 27, 2003.

1. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last time the coach was blamed, it was wrong... This time, everyone's right, but the guy who really needs to go is Counce... I hope Kroenke cleans *#*#*#*#*#*#in' house!

My ticket rep bailed after 3 EXCELLENT year, I can't see the last three road games, I get playoff games on tape-delay...

Thank you Mr. Mortimer, I think I'll go to the movies.............. by myself....

2. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    The ONLY good thing to come out of this loss is the fact that the decision to can Hanki AND Counce should be easy. Any further may have posed a dilema. Hanki needs to go ASAP which means Monday. Couce needs to follow soon after. Lets rebuild managment now so there is nothing getting in the way later on as the season begins.

3. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hanki F-ed with the team in Game 1 by switching keepers and he F-ed with the team in Game 2 by starting Roberts over Carrieri. It's just like the beginning of the season all over again.

Fire the damn coach NOW!

4. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Hanki is going to stay....wanna know why???

Because this is *#*#*#*#in MLS where loser coaches stay on (ie. Rongen, Andrulis, Jefferies) cuz the league doesn't want to bite the bullet and pay their hefty bloated salaries that they are responsible for if they fire them....

Make Spencer player-coach...

5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the Kroenke purchase is the only thing that will save this team. If AEG still owned them I think there's a good chance Hankinson keeps his job. Given Kroenke's history with the Avs, I think he'll clean house...

6. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    You wouldn't have to pay his firing penalty if you didin't fire him. Just demote him to some crap scouting position or equipment manager. He will quit on his own.

7. WJMarx

WJMarx BigSoccer Supporter

May 5, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hanki ripped!!!

Wynalda seriously rips Hankinson in his article on mlsnet and both he and Harkes ripped him on TV. One must assume Kroenke is boning up on MLS and the Rapids and took notice of these well reasoned and savvy denouncements of Hankinson.

Hopefully, he realizes that Counce is a cipher as well.

8. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PR VS TH

As a proponent of facts lets look at the record before we dump Yoda for PR (Pet Rock, distant relative of Kid Rock and Sgt. Rock...but NOT related to "The Rock" as that's a made up name. We're talking fact, here.)

Times they've screwed up the line-up this season:
    Yoda- 17
    Pet Rock- 0

Times they have made bonehead subs:
    Yoda- 5 (coulda been more except that 'everyone goes 90' stretch)
    Pet Rock- 0

Stupid statements to the press:
    Yoda -17
    Pet Rock- 0

So am I missing something here?

R