did barca really win

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by greenapes02, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenapes02

greenapes02 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    damn i hate this uefa rules how is it fair that barca advances

2. starcade

starcade New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    What's going to make them more money?

1) An All-England final that might end 1-0?

2) or a free-flowing match with one of the scoring machines of soccer (Barca)??

Think -- this is about money, viewers, and sponsors.

That said, the entire damn match was a joke. The red card against Barca was a dive, at least three penalties were missed in the last half-hour alone.

3. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    UEFA needs to look at this match and the genuine grievances of both sides with the standard of refereeing and do something to minimise the chances of it happening again.

The ref was out of his depth and shouldn't have been put in the position of controlling this game, it wasn't fair on himself, the teams and the fans

1 person likes this.
  4. The Natural

The Natural New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    I've been watching the replays and I only see one real missed pk call and that was the handball on Pique, the one that drove Ballack ballistic wasn't

5. ddjeffries

ddjeffries New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Missouri
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are you kidding me? Did you not just watch barca get shut down two games in a row? chelsea absolutley deserved to go through. it is ridiculous. props to barca capitalizing late in the game and i usually dont make reffing an excuse BUT TWO HAND BALLS MISSED? AND SEVERAL TACKLES IN THE BOX THAT COULD HAVE ALSO BEEN CALLED? i love barca but im a chelsea fan first. ALSO manu shouldnt have any trouble winning this. barca is missing alves, marquez, and abidal and obviously it wasnt too difficult to shut barca down. anyone see drogba almost get in a fight with the ref?

6. starcade

starcade New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    UEFA had an agenda. Think: How good is it for UEFA to continually let the English teams dominate, to the disinterest of most of the rest of the continent?

Put Barca in the final, and you at least have more interest -- put them in this controversially, and that adds another layer of interest in the final.

7. ddjeffries

ddjeffries New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Missouri
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    was florient's foul not in the box? yes it was. the ref called it. it wasnt a question of if he called it or not but it got called and he put it in the wrong place. and two handballs also. one in extra time and one earlier. the one earlier was much worse.

8. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    So Malouda wasn't pulled down in the box? Drogba wasn't pulled back followed by contact with his legs?

Come on, the ref missed several legitimate calls. Chelsea have a right to be aggrieved as do Barca with the Abidal red

9. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    So Malouda being fouled inside the box equates to a free kick outside the box? As for the injury time incident, the only reason hands are above head height is to block the ball so it's a penalty.

10. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    [​IMG]

11. ddjeffries

ddjeffries New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Missouri
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH. abidal's called was horrible as well as moluda's and anelka was taken down in the box with a push in the back. HORRIBLE REF. :eek:

12. starcade

starcade New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    One (at least in the last half-hour). The one in extra time was good -- it was off his side and his armpit.

I expect several Chelsea suspensions from this game. Drogba, Ballack (I'n surprised he didn't punch the referee out after that last situation.), and probably the coach for starters.

I counted at least three Chelsea penalties not called from minute 55 on.

13. dtran08

dtran08 New Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's been long overdue but i think UEFA needs to really sit down and consider doing away with the away goal rule. its unfortunate that chelsea, the better of the two teams for both matches in my opinion, was eliminated and barcelona goes through on a draw.

but for the neutrals, i think a barcelona/man utd final is pretty mouthwatering. although barcelona will be without some key players. right now, i think its advantage man utd.

14. The Natural

The Natural New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    The initial contact on Malouda was outside of the box.

Contact on Drogba? That was ball first.

15. ddjeffries

ddjeffries New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Missouri
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    people say o the ball played his arm. you better keep your arm tucked if your in the box cuz if its outreached in the box then the arm always plays the ball. i cant believe it. and yes chelsea well have plenty of suspensions but i wouldnt have it any other way. CHELSEA SHOULD BE MAD

16. The Natural

The Natural New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Chelsea should be mad at themselves for playing bunker ball in both games and continuing to do so with the man advantage

We all know that Chelsea is capable of much more just look at last years final when it was 1-1

17. starcade

starcade New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Yes, I would go so far as to say it WAS a conspiracy.

You probably don't know this about me as a sports fan, so I'll clue you in: I am a sports conspiracy theorist -- I do believe that, the more there is at stake, the more likely the games are rigged.

This was just too damn obvious. People will talk about this garbage 20 years from now as a rigged game.

18. ddjeffries

ddjeffries New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Missouri
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but thats not what was called. If it was called on the initial contact then it would have been five yards up the field. It was a blown call

19. futbol_Jonz

futbol_Jonz Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Toronto
    the away goal rule is what it is... proper.
    chelsea had their chance to get away goals in the 1st leg... but they chose to defend instead of trying to attack. And todays game plan looked similar until Essien got struck with some luck and put one in the back of the net.
    Chelsea might have been the better defensive team... but for someone who loves the beautiful game for the beauty of attacking football and goals, then i would say that Barcelona was the better team.

20. starcade

starcade New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    That penalty was not because of the play on the ball and the take-out.

The Barca player had Drogba hooked for several seconds (both outside and inside the box) on that play. Otherwise, Drogba goes free to the keeper.

21. ddjeffries

ddjeffries New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Missouri
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bunker in the first game yes but not in the second. chelsea took it to them. barca got most their shots late in the game and the only shot that was on goal was their goal. i cant believe you wont recognize that the ref was poor.

22. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    whole series' of one sided decisions are clearly evidence of a referee not refereeing the same game as everyone else is seeing. ie he has an agenda beyond the correct interpretation of the rulebook.

after seeing how easy it is to nullify barcas one dimensional attack, and the fact they will be missing half their first choice backline, i rather fancy uniteds chances against barca. bring it on.

23. starcade

starcade New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    And, though I don't say this to flame you, it's people like you and attitudes like that which get UEFA's attention and create refereeing farces like this one.

I mean, think: How many people would watch ManU-Chelsea, AGAIN, in the CL Final? How many more would watch ManU-Barca?

24. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    If he was penalising the initial contact the free kick would have been 5 yards further in from the touchline. It was a blown call.

The contact on Drogba was a shirt tug first then leg contact. You're thinking of another incident (I know, tough to keep track when there were so many penalty claims ;) )

25. ddjeffries

ddjeffries New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Missouri
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MANU/ CHELSEA last year was one of the best finals IN THE HISTORY OF THE UCL. yes barca/manu would be good BUT CHELSEA AND MANU ARE UCL RIVALS NOW. IT WOULD BE AN AMAZING GAME