Did anybody see this?

Discussion in 'Israel' started by Cloudkicker09, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  2. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems as though foreign media likes to recycle the same stories about our football clubs. It practically stated that all Beitar fans are racist, which is not the case.

3. beitarman

beitarman New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    So the writer says that Haifa lost because Suan wasn't used. Does this write even bother to know that Suan doesn't deserve to be on the first team. Has he ever heard of Katan, Dirceu, Anderson, Rafealov or Masudi? Who would he like Haifa to bench so that Suan can play.

4. akofman12345

akofman12345 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    San Jose
    just another story from the liberal British media. Im sure there are decent leagues in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Tunisia etc.. If the managers don't play them, then they don't play them. Who is the Guardian to tell them who to play? Go to Spain, Germany or Italy for football racism, why Israel? Its no worse then anywhere else in Europe, and compared to other leagues ours is insignificant.

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, my best friend lives in Tel Aviv and is a huge supporter of HAPOEL TEL AVIV. He calls BJFC supporters racists. He said that BJFC supporters say that HTFC supporters aren't Jews and traitors to Israel. I know that not all BJFC supporters are racists, but the same can be said of Lazio supporters and the whole world calls them racists.

6. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Certainly, there's got to be ONE Beitar fan who's not a racist . . . nevertheless, the racist ones make a lot of noise and it's no less embarassing at Beitar than PSG . . .

7. Green Brigade

Green Brigade New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    First of all you have to divide between Beitar as a football club and their supporters.

The club is defenitly not a racist club!

Their supporters have a real national stand. They support their club and most of them are the only ones to really get their asses up for the NT as well! (I just want to remember you, for the Switzerland game!) I can not understand the whole world shouting on them as Racists!!

You should declare what a racist is and then we will se if you will claim them as racists, still!

Anyway you will find this kind of groups everywhere! Out of Hap*** TLV but who is Hap*** TLV!

GREEN BRIGADE
    <<< Haifa - you glory one!!! >>>

8. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    I see the confusion - when Suan came on (playing well for the Israeli NT), that wasn't their asses that they were waving . . .

9. Czarkazem13

Czarkazem13 Member

Oct 18, 2006
    U.S., Isr. P.R.
    Actually the writer, wrote" "Given the team's war-interrupted preparations, it was little surprise when Haifa lost the game 3-1. Swan, an unused substitute, never made it on to the pitch." He was using the bombardment of Haifa against Lebanon as an excuse. He just added that Suan didn't see the pitch.

10. Berkovic

Berkovic New Member

May 28, 2006
    Kfar-Saba, Israel
    So Many inaccuracies in one article:

* His name is not Swan, but Suwan. Although I'm sure Swan markets better.
    * He hasn't been in the NT this year.
    * Suwan isn't a star. He' simply an average player who shone at a small club, and then couldn't make it in a big team.

As for the racism, it's bullsh*t. There is a minority of racist fans in every club around the world. I've met many Beitar fans who said they would accept an Arab player if he was good enough. Suwan simply isn't good enough.

11. Berkovic

Berkovic New Member

May 28, 2006
    Kfar-Saba, Israel
    Did he ever tell you that the Hapoel fans call us Maccabi (Tel Aviv) fans "nazis" and wish us a holocaust? It's a tradition, nothing more. They call us "nazis" and we call them "traitors" and "terrorists", they call Beitar fans "nazis" and Beitar fans call them "traitors".
    Also, if it's possible, could people stop refer to clubs in Israel by their initials? It sounds horrible. Here's a simple key:

Maccabi - Maccabi Tel-Aviv
    Hapoel - Hapoel Tel-Aviv
    Beitar - Beitar Jerusalem
    Haifa - Maccabi Haifa

Thank you.

12. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Malves/Luzons - Maccabi Petah Tikva
    Petah Tikva - Hapoel Petah Tikva

13. Israeli_Blue

Israeli_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    I would say racism is mocking anybody on the basis of their ethnicity.

I certainly have heard Beitar fans making monkey chants at black players at a match I attended. And of course there's their "Death to the Arabs" song...

I'm sure there are some non-racist Beitar fans out there, but I've never met one...

14. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is exactly what my best friend says. He attends tons of Hapoel Tel Aviv matches a year. Of course, his natural rival is Maccabi TA, but he really does not like Beitar because his says their supporters chant, "Traitors (for fielding Arabs) to Hapoel TA fans, also monkey chants and death to Arabs"

15. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    them hapoel should stop fielding arabs, learn from their big papi maccabi tel aviv :cool:

16. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    WHAT? I'm guessing that Maccabi tel aviv doesn't field all Jews??
    So why have a exculsionary policy?

17. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    aravim ze lo tov ;)

18. Berkovic

Berkovic New Member

May 28, 2006
    Kfar-Saba, Israel
    Last year Maccabi had Salem Abu-Siam at left back. He was released this year because he isn't up to standards. Maccabi doesn't have any "policy" regarding Arabic players. There just aren't any Israeli-Arab players who are good enough.

As for the Hizbullah fans - when they stop calling other fans "nazis", I'll listen to their criticism of the Beitar fans.

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree. I will have a long chat with my best friend who is a passionate Hapoel Tel Aviv supporter. I know he doesn't like both Beitar and Maccabi. He has no problem with Maccabi Haifa.

I would NEVER call another Jew a Nazi.

20. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do you call Neturei Karta then?

21. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Pardon? Please explain.

22. YossiFan

YossiFan New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    London
    I think they're a group of very religious rabbis - that I abhor - who joined in Iran's so-called "revisionist" conference. They're very anti-Israel. :mad:

23. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh, those ethno-centric individuals.

24. Czarkazem13

Czarkazem13 Member

Oct 18, 2006
    U.S., Isr. P.R.
    Still wouldn't call them NAZIs. They are against the establishment of Israel and should only be established when the moshiach comes.

The do not deny the Shoah, they were just there to "show" that all Jews aren't Zionists. Though true, not the place or people to share it with.