Did anybody see Curtin's antics?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DCAustinite, Nov 4, 2003.

1. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Late to the party, I know. But I posted this in the postgame thread...

And the winner of the 1st Annual Martin Keown Slestak of the Year Award is...Jim Curtain with his classless display of air-punching and taunting of Eliseo Quintanilla after Razov nipped that late goal. If MLS had any guts, they'd at least fine the freak.

And did anyone notice the kid on DC Juniors that stole Jim Curtain's hair?

Thx,

Jay!

2. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Re: Re: Re: Did anybody see Curtin's antics?

Originally posted by sch2383
    Q2 should head-butted him in the nuts.
    Best post to date!

3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Jeez people, so Curtin talked a little trash and hand to bend over to look Q2 eye to eye. What's the big deal? You people whine like Julie Foudy talking about Title IX.

No wonder we have a rep as a team who can dish it out but can't take it.

We need more trash talking on the field, not less. It's what separates us from the WUSA.

Sachin

4. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Divine explanation???? We started Marco and Hristo, with a coach that has the team playing with virtually no tactics. We're also missing Rimando, Olsen, and Reyes who are easily 3 of our best players. What kind of explanation do you need?? The game was a loss from the start, and so was the series unfortunately.

5. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Um...when you say that they traded words and Q2 backed down, what you mean is that Curtin failed to instigate Quintanilla into physical action.

In fact, this isn't all of it. The first time or two when Curtin was trying to get Quintanilla to throw a punch, Quintanilla "backed down."

After the Razov goal, it was much different. Curtin ran half way across the field and danced some weird, mutant form of a jig or something while shouting at Quintanilla and waving a finger at him. Quintanilla at first did nothing and Curtin continued to taunt him. Finally, Quintanilla took two steps toward Curtin and Curtin sprinted away from him, frightened like a little girl...well, like a very, very big girl. It was actually comical to watch him go from taunting to frightened that quickly. For Quintanilla, it was just two steps in his direction to drive him off, then Q2 headed back up field.

So, despite his size, Curtin apparently was afraid of Quintanilla and had to run back for the protection of Zach.

It was pretty comical, more than anything else. Curtin dancing was one of the most amusing things I've ever seen on a sports field.

6. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching the boy hit a free kick just now, it struck me who he looks like...
    Beaker, from the Muppet Show. Hmmm, where's that separated at birth MLS page .....

7. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    btw--at the end of the game they replayed some clips of the "action" including a nice one of curtin pushing a NE player in the back--not only is he dirty but he is a pus$y, hitting them in the back.

i realize the chicago folks who posted here and defended him as a class guy know more about him, but from what i have seen of him lately, he seems to be pretty much a punk to me.