Dick Morris Believes It's Kerry/Rodham Clinton '04

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by 352klr, May 4, 2004.

1. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Came across Dick Morris on Hannity and Colmes tonight (Powell was saying nothing new on CNN)and he said he believes the release of Bill's book is timed in an effort to force Hillary onto the ticket as VP and that it will be successful in doing so. When asked about Hillary saying she is not interested and would not take it he replied to the affect of 'She said the same thing about running for the Senate and so did Bill about running for President.' The man knows the Clinton's, so what do you all think of his theory? Will Hillary be on the ticket? If she is, does Theresa look good in black?

2. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dick Morris is on crack, as much as I'd like it to be true. Not even Kerry is that dumb.

3. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Fixed...

Hmm, how many unmarried Senators are left?

Unfortunately I don't think Hillary has any desire to be VP, nor do I think Kerry is stupid enough (either for political reasons or for personal safety reasons) to name Hillary as his running mate.

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does Hillary help Kerry win? Her state is rock solid for Kerry. Her region is rock solid for Kerry. She isn't popular with swing voters (to put it kindly). Kerry's base couldn't possibly get more energized unless Dems purchase and distribute the entire GNP of Colombia. She's a senator like Kerry, so doesn't help on the resume' issue. She's only been in the Senate 4 years. It would be like Bush dumping Cheney so that he can put Tom DeLay or Newt Gingrich on the ticket.

Morris is a lunatic. Everyone knows that.

5. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    No problem, she can always find a new state where Kerry needs a boost. ;)

If Kerry picks anyone other than Bayh or Gephardt he's crazy. Unless Dubya follows my advice and shuffles Cheney to a high-ranking Cabinet or other administrative position and replaces him on the ticket with JC Watts, which would pretty much force Kerry to choose a black running mate (altho since there are no black Democrats who are even remotely qualified, he could go with Bill Richardson, a Latino, instead to try to make up on the Hispanic vote what he would lose on the black vote).

6. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL...wait; are you saying that black people, in any significant number, will vote for Bush b/c he hires JC Watts as his running-mate?

LOL; you don't know, I mean as in fellowship with, many black people, do you?

I can tell you that I can't think of a single black person I know that's currently in the country that would vote for Bush if he TURNED BLACK.

The two black men I can't speak for are currently in Baghdad, and have always liked shooting people, so maybe you've got them, but...I think you are typifying a contingent of voters you don't know anything about...

7. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    You need to talk about Political lifespans to take these things at face value or say, Hey, this may be a good idea.

Various things could happen and the worst thing for Hillary would be to be the VP in the winning ticket. That could easily turn into 8 years of Kerry and we all know how less common it is for VP's to be elected.

The best thing for Hillary, but maybe not the nation, would be for Kerry to lose and the party coming to the conclusion that they need a Clinton in 2008. Especially by then, no third term for Bush, maybe Jeb, nah...it will be wide open.

Besides, if any of you know Mr. Morris, he had been saying that Hillary would be asked to take the nomination this year. His idea a few months ago was that the Dems would not have a solid candidate by the convention and would turn to Hillary "to save" the village.

8. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not even Condi?

9. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thank the Un-Caused Cause everyday that I don't know Condoleeza.

10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oklahoma religious fundies forgave JC his bastard children because he beat Texas. I don't think that'll work in the rest of the country.

11. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh, so you were talking about your 3 black liberal friends and not blacks in general. I'm guessing you don't know a single white guy who will vote for Bush (no pun intended).

12. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I can name you 150 million ways.

13. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Have been hearing that this will be the first Billion dollar election (on record).

14. JPhurst

JPhurst New Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Dick Morris has a frightening obsesssion with his former boss and the boss's wife. Virtually everything he sees is through the eyes of the Clinton's trying to rule the world. I am really amazed that a man can get so much milage with an obsession over an ex-president and the ex-first lady (although since she's senator, there's something to feed at).

Tom Oliphant said this morning on Air America that right now, there are three people who are going through all the security clearances. Edwards, Gephardt, and Tom Vilsack. Although it's possible that someone else will emerge, no one else is going through the screening process at a high level.

15. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    I've always suspected that it'll be offered to Edwards, but will he accept it? Does he want to be the new LBJ, a man who is put on the ticket only for his electoral draw and when the election is won, relegated to the sidelines? I doubt it. As Missouri goes, so goes the country, so it'll probably be Gephardt as he'll definately accept it.

16. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, there's this guy...

[​IMG]

17. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    John Kerry might as well just shoot himself in the head as pick Hillary. Seriously. I'm sure she's just peachy but people HATE her. There are people who hate her more than I hate Bush. And that's saying something.

Gephardt is too... I dunno. Liberal or something. Not different enough from Kerry. And he's funny looking. Kerry's funny-looking enough. Get someone on the ticket that won't be breaking mirrors and scaring small children.

18. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    So to sum up, you're saying a Bush/Watts ticket wouldn't do significantly better among black voters than a Bush/Cheney ticket? Riiiiight. :D

19. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    JC had kids out of wedlock when he was 17, and his family took full responsibility for raising the children--I don't see it as an issue whatsoever. It's not like he, oh, say, had them years after being married and stole millions from a charitable organization that he was the head of to keep the mother quiet.

20. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    JPhurst beat me to it! Well, technically, so did Oliphant. But I was thinking Tom Vilsack would be a great choice. Maybe that's just the 25-year-removed loyal Iowan talking, though.

He's not terribly well known, he has jack foreign policy expertise, so it'll be a little tough for him to compete with Dick Cheney as far as gravitas. Of course, he won't have that whole EVIL thing to worry about like Cheney does.

Also, Iowa also only looks like a swing state - it's gone Democratic four times in a row in presidential elections, and it's much tinier electorally than Missouri or North Carolina. Both of which went for Bush last time around. So Vilsack doesn't deliver as much, in theory. Of course, Cheney didn't deliver Vote One.

Kerry also has oodles and oodles of time - people forget how accelerated this whole thing has been. The conventions aren't for months. And there are potentially dozens of people out there, from Bob Graham to Bill Richardson. Maybe Kerry invited Sharpton to the convention because he'll be on the ticket, who knows?

Maybe it's just me, but I have yet to see this big draft-Hillary movement. As in, I could probably offer $20 for every Democrat who wants HRC on the ticket, and not have to go to the ATM. No one on the Donks' side has suggested her. No one has campaigned for her. Probably because she's gone out of her way to say she doesn't want the job. If Kerry wants a woman on the ticket, it'll be someone like Dianne Feinstein or Mary Landrieu, not Hillary.

Maybe it will be Jamie Gorelick, just to see Dick Morris' head explode.

EDIT - Alex, I'm usually up on my Clinton rumors, but I don't recognize the stole millions from the charitable organization one. Or is that a Kerry rumor?

21. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    Hey man, leave Strom Thurmand out of this. :) Show some respect for the dead.

22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

EDIT: Damn this 7 character minimum limit!!! Damn it to HELL!!!!!

23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Dan, I think that might be a Jesse Jackson reference.
    2. Alex, do you honestly, honestly think that the bastards wouldn't be fodder for several editions of Hardball, Anderson Cooper 360, etc etc etc? I mean, I know the media is in the tank for Bush, but they can't pass up a juicy sex story. You're nuts. Picking Watts keeps Bush off message for weeks, maybe longer. We have to define deviance way, way, way down in this country before we accept putting some guy with a couple of bastard children on the ballot for VP.

I'm not saying anything about how *I* view this. I'm just saying how it's gonna be.

24. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the 150 million GringoTex was referring to was the number of women in the United States, not the dinero spent on the election....

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, because those 150 million worked so well for Mondale.