Diadora Boot and Equipment Thread

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by T90 OzzY, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    These bad boys!

Attached Files:

derbyyank13 and kiongsm repped this.
  2. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Looks like Diadora have got messed up UK sizes (the same as Adidas). UK sizes should be 1 less than US sizes, not 0.5 less.

Btw - those size charts are always an approximation... if you analyse it:

Half a size in JP = 0.5 cm
    Half a size in EU = 0.33 cm
    And half a size UK/US is somewhere in between the 2 above.

So the size charts can never really be true.

For example if something is true to size JP27, and even if a JP27 was *exactly* the same as a US9 and a EU42... if you then go up half a JP size to 27.5 there is no way in the world that US and EU sizes of 9.5 and 42.5 would be accurate. And then going up another half a size to 28cm, US10 and EU43 would be even more inaccurate.

So when we say something is true to size, we really need to know which international sizing system it is true to size in!

Sorry about the rant and I really hope it makes sense!
    Just need to get it off my chest :)

Jordan

dukduk repped this.
  3. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  4. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
  5. soupster

soupster Member

Jan 9, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Sheffield United FC
    All the Made in Italy stuff got me wanting a pair of those Brasils but I got these to be going on with.

[​IMG]

They're Diadora Club Pros so I'm guessing they are some sort of lower end version of the Brasil? Although they are still made in Italy.

[​IMG]

I can't live with tongues that don't stay in place so I added the elastic.

[​IMG]

As @gusgorman and others have said, the sizing of Diadoras can be a little off but these seem quite a bit off. They're supposed to be a size UK10 / EU 44.5 but at best I'd say they're a UK9.5 and probably more like a UK9. This might just be an issue with older ones but unfortunately that makes them just too tight for me as much as I try to make them fit. Nice boots though otherwise.

appleCORR7, gusgorman, newone88 and 3 others repped this.
  6. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    me too!

IMG-20160511-WA0020.jpg

7. Vulpine

Vulpine New Member

Mar 18, 2016
    USA
    #182 Vulpine, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    I see New Old Stock, Diadora Brasil's pop up on Ebay, all the time. Italian and Bulgarian versions. You can find them in the $70-120 USD range. Good price for such a quality shoe. From my hazy memory, years ago, the Italian version was better, but they were both excellent.

The problem is I forgot my size. For someone who wears:

1) Adidas Copa Mundial : [ 10 US, 9.5 UK, 44 EUR, 28.0 JAPAN]

2) Mizuno Morelia MIJ : [ 11 US, 10 UK, 29.0 JAPAN]

What size should I look for in those older Diadora Brasil's? Does the Italian version fit the same as the Bulgarian one? Same size all around? These are shoes from around 1998-2005 (?). Don't know if it is a good idea to buy a shoe that has been sitting in a warehouse/someone's closet for that long.

Then the Diadora Brasil S.P.A. was released early 2016 (?). Stunning, Made in Italy. But they seem scarce now (and expensive). $250 USD or more. From what I gather on here if you wear a size 11US Morelia, you would go for a size 10.5 US Diadora Brasil SPA (2016)?

I would love to play in Diadora Brasil's again. But the inconvenience of finding the correct size, trial-and-error, etc. Not good. Because you can find MIJ Morelia's on Ebay for $130-170 USD pretty easily. That is hard to beat. In Morelia's I know my size. On Ebay it is just "point-and-shoot". Finished, no more worrying.

8. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    vulpine,

re my past experience in the morelia MIJ and italian made brasils:

if morelia = uk10; then get brasils in uk9.5

i had the copas before, follow same size in the brasils, ie. uk9.5

u can find SPA here: http://www.amazon.com/Diadora-Mens-Brasil-Soccer-Cleat/dp/B00W0YIG6O

about usd203 for a pair of us10, ie. uk9.5

diadoras US sizing is not like mizuno, more like adidas

if u r a us11 in the morelias, u need to go down to us10

simply put it, the best method is use the UK sizing and go down 0.5 from morelia

the sizing in the link abv, amazon.com is in US, so you shud select US10.0 to get a UK9.5
    if u r from the USA, it's free shipping!

hope the abv helps!

serginhobertholi repped this.
  9. Vulpine

Vulpine New Member

Mar 18, 2016
    USA
    Hey kiongsm, that was a great reply. You have owned the older Diadora Brasil (Made in Italy)? Thats what it seems like. I did not even see the Brasil SPA on Amazon, right under my nose. So the newer Brasil SPA, and the older Brasil (Made in Italy), will fit the same? If that is the case then yeah, they will fit like Copa's for me. Yet, no one has done a proper, in-depth review of the SPA. And I have searched all over the internet for one. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Anyway very insightful. At least now I have some ideas, about the older version of the Diadora Brasil (Italy) and the newer Brasil SPA. Would still like to get some sizing information about the Bulgarian version and how it fits compared to Copa's and Morelia's. On Amazon, the SPA is pretty much in the same price range as Morelia MIJ's on Ebay. They got cleaned out of soccer.com quickly, it seemed.

10. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    i suppose the Italian made brasils used the same mold/last; in fact the outsole/soleplate is exactly the same

sorry, i hv no ideas on the Bulgarian-mades ones

yeah, the ones i'd owned is the ones as post by serghino abv - which i regret much tht i sold them off - 2 pairs! Urgghhhh!

i only found these reviews on the SPA: http://www.soccercleats101.com/2015/08/23/diadora-brasil-spa-released-return-of-made-in-italy/

i like the brasils bcos they're very much like the morelias

the short small round studs suits me very well; tho' i wud like the last 2 studs at the heel to be a bit further out - more stable

the k-leather and stitching pattern at the forefoot gives u a very comfy snug feel

the last can be a little narrow for some, the upper doesn't stretch much, the inner lining is just fantastic

on the SPA, they shud had keep the tongue shape as before and the variable width on lacing - like the morelia as well

the insole is a bit flat, but they use a special material tht provides great cushioning
    i understand tht the new OG has the double-actions padding at the forefoot and heel > great!

to some great extent, a black-fluo yellow brasils almost always looks very exclusive!

not sure if they stay with the flexy synthetic material on the footbed > excellently light and zero-water retention!

the prices of SPA is going down at amazon, i'm still watching them closely!

only drawback is my local currency agst the US$ really sucks now!
    it's even more expensive than a pair of yr 2015 MIJ Morelias from rakuten, i just paid about usd140 for a pair
    <i got some deductions in points and coupons :)>

i'd received some very good reviews on the yr 2015 MIJ morelias!

do let us know when u get yours

cheers mate

derbyyank13 repped this.
  11. Vulpine

Vulpine New Member

Mar 18, 2016
    USA
    Yeah if you were paying attention to soccer in the mid-90's, these were iconic. Elite-level shoes. Roberto Baggio and Roy Keane, with the Black & Yellow Fluorescent. I owned the Black & White, and will never forget them. While some shoes can hinder your performance, these seemed to enhance it. Outside-the-foot passes, precision-passing, dribbling, lobbing, etc. Like second nature. They were comfortable and light.

I did see that 'review' on the SPA. http://www.soccercleats101.com/2015/08/23/diadora-brasil-spa-released-return-of-made-in-italy/

However he does not go into much performance detail. It seems like he is just observing it from the outside, with no in-game analysis. Apparently he is a size 9US, and said that he got his normal size. And it fit. Then in the comments he mentioned that they "fit like Copa's". Yet I wanted to see more information about in-game play. Performance and durability. Where he plays hard in them, for months, and then gives us his insight.

Many shoes can "look" the part, but play hard in them for a couple games, and their weaknesses show. For me, it was something like the Diadora Maracana RTX 12. It fit me like a glove, walking around in the store. Very comfortable. It looked like a great shoe. But after a few games, some major flaws showed. The asymmetrical lace-up design was a flaw for me. They kept getting loose in-game. They never tied-down tight enough properly, always flopping around. The Blades were not good for me, they "locked you in" to the ground too much. Furthermore the touch was not even close to Copa's or Morelia's.

Obviously the SPA is a different beast altogether. I would be surprised to see any problems with it. And with all of these people buying that neon, plastic crap, from Nike and Adidas, maybe the new Diadora Brasil SPA will go down in price to $100 (like they used to be). LOL. They were the same price as Copa's back in the 90's ($100). By the way I just saw Diadora Brasil Italy OG. Wow, they are pushing it lately, more great potential from Diadora again.

12. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    derbyyank13 repped this.
  13. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    [​IMG]

interestingly, seems to feature some sort of shock absorption thing in the heel. this might make me consider getting them over the Morelia 2's next. . .

derbyyank13 repped this.
  14. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    What material is the big white Diadora logo on the side of the Brasils made from? Leather or synthetic?

15. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    100% kangaroo leather!

Linguistics and gusgorman repped this.
  16. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Pele Sports 1970s had a similar cushioning insert in the lasting board. It won't make a boot feel like running shoe, but it's a nice to have a little extra cushioning under your heel on harder fields.

jayc23 repped this.
  17. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    We just got ours in today at the store the store and they feel incredible!

18. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    ooh they did? I've been using a small heel gel pad for extra comfort as i play mostly on AG pitches so any extra cushioning is definitely welcome.

I really really really miss the Zoom Legend 2's

How do they feel on feet! sizing? does the heel feel extra comfortable vs say the Morelia 2's?

19. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I just got my pair in today from the sales rep. Holy. Sh*t, These are amazing! They feel really nice. The leather is exquisite. Go a half size down from Morelias. The heel fits really nice but it feels just a little wider than the Morelia 2.

They smell excellent too and you can really feel the care and quality put in these. BUT the Morelia is still the better boot IMO. Even though I say that these are one of the best boots outside of the Morelia series I have ever tried on. I will see how they perform over the next few weeks.

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.

20. Linguistics

Linguistics Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    @derbyyank13 I am looking forward to the photos from you.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  21. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Apologies. I have been slammed at work and school this past week. I'll try to get something up soon!

Linguistics repped this.
  22. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Ok finally got some time to do this. Been busy as hell! Ok so MiJ Morelia is softer than the Brasil from the start but I feel the Brasil will get very soft very quickly. It is a very comfy boot though. I would say one of the best outside of the Morelia series (MiJ, Neo) but I figured the Morelia would be an apt comparison given their natures... IMG_8267.JPG IMG_8268.JPG IMG_8269.JPG IMG_8270.JPG IMG_8271.JPG IMG_8272.JPG IMG_8273.JPG IMG_8274.JPG IMG_8275.JPG IMG_8276.JPG

23. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
  24. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    At this point I don't know if I am ever going to be able to play again, but I am getting a pair of the black and white and the white and blue on principle. They look great.

Alex57910 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  25. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    That sucks man sorry. But yeah they are fantastic. I might actually pick up a second pair at some point...