Diadora Boot and Equipment Thread

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by T90 OzzY, Jul 26, 2008.

1. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    u better used the uk sizing......go down 0.5

serginhobertholi repped this.
  2. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I ordered some for the shop I work at. I'm in England right now so I haven't seen if we have got them in yet.

3. evertonfire

evertonfire New Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Anybody else plan to order these? On soccer.com it says they will ship Aug. 5

4. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I really wish those Brasils had the classic fold over tongue instead of the one the have now :(

Dr. Boots repped this.
  5. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    My best friend/best man just said the same thing...I think I am going to buy him the white Morelia MIJ as a best man gift vs. the Brasil...he loves the big tongue because we grew up when they were cool. I got him the rerelease Tiempo Premier as a gift a while back and wore the tongue pulled way down in a World Cup qualifier, the pics looked hilarious.

Pangu repped this.
  6. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    yes, pangu......diadora blew it on the tongue

one of the reasons i got the asics lethal testimonials 2 is the big foldover white tongue!!!!!

Pangu repped this.
  7. jamiehex

jamiehex Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I'm not gonna lie. We finally got ours in about 2 weeks ago and the feel incredible........

9. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    derby,

i know!

but my local currency against the USD is really killing the idea!

usd1 = myr4.3 :cry:

morelia II now cost me extra 20-25%!

10. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm with you...
    1 USD = 3.7 BRL

11. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yikes!!!!!! The yen is super weak right so it's great for me!

Sorry guys!

12. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How is the sizing?

13. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I go a half size down from my Morelias. They are more snug than my Morelias were to start with but the leather will stretch easily. Honestly I think I might prefer these over the Pantos.

14. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I always rated them as my best boot ever....at least in the models that existed between 1994 and 2004. I still liked the ones that came after, but I had moved onto other stuff by the time they changed the aesthetic and moved production to Bulgaria. By the time I came back around to wanting to wear the newer look model post Alan Smith style ankle injury, they changed it up again to the Elite which seemed a step down and then went to the awful Brasil Axler with a whole cut upper.

15. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    You might think this thread is dead but think again!!!

Met with my sales rep today. A couple nice boots coming this summer.

Expensive, but fantastic!

16. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

expensive!? re-releases of some classic k-leather boots?

17. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Not a re-release exactly more like a new version and the boots felt bloody incredible. I am definitely picking a pair up.

18. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    brasil?

jayc23 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  19. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I can only say so much so...possibly!

Better than last years one...

Pangu, ghost_striker and kiongsm repped this.
  20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I had heard at one point they were going to drop a super pricey boot (maybe from you, can't recall) and they were looking to bring back an old name be involved in the marketing - possibly Baggio and/or Van Basten. Personally, I would love to see both an updated (but not screwed up) Brasil/Matchwinner/Super Goal and see one or both of those names attached.

There was a point in time when the best players on earth wore Diadora and they were actually (IMO) the best boots on earth, too...even at a retail level. The Brasil from 1994-2002 was the best boot I have ever put on my foot, including the MIJ Morelia. Even the ones that followed in 2002-2004 were pretty good, if just a tad under the Morelia. Then came the redesigns with Axler outsoles....then the model with the external heel counter and no stitching.

Diadora was also doing the X style sockliner (but it actually provided something to the fit) and then the hightop sleeve in the mid 90's.....probably right around the time the current designers at Nike were crawling around in their cribs.

21. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    sometimes i see posts on here that make me remember shoes i had growing up that i've since forgotten. anyone else have a pair of these bad boys? i guess maybe i shouldn't tease my players about their ugly shoes, eh?

[​IMG]

22. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Didadora Mars! Never owned them mainly because I figured out that most of the players wearing them were just wearing a painted up Brasil, so I just stuck to what worked...and they offered the Brasil in various colors back then.

I only strayed from the Brasil for the original Morpho and The MatchWinner I and II. Even then, I ended up back in the Brasils after a short period of time.

I eventually went in for the Totti model, but the Brasil had already died a horrible death in the USA at that time.

23. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  24. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    It will be very pricey indeed. Here's the thing. If they had released maybe 4 to 5 years ago they would have sold like crazy but now there are less and less people going for leather if offered a synthetic as well... (At least in my area)

I do think that they are probably the best boot that any sales rep has ever shown me.

I really think that they could do better with the soleplate though and I honestly think that goes for their whole line. They really need a massive re-vamp if they want to survive. Again especially on their soleplates.

25. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is it a hint?

Diadora.png

???? ;)