Diadora Boot and Equipment Thread

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by T90 OzzY, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is either the Brasil or the Dual. Most likely the Brasil...although Diadora had the tendency to just make a random boot to any requested specs of a player and not put it up for retail release. Many of their pro issue boots are never released to production and they are not even close to anything released to production.

2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He swapped between the two boots I mentioned in that World Cup - GettyImages shows it. His match worn Dual was slightly different than the retail model, but here is what you are looking for:

http://www.okazii.ro/fotbal/ghete/g...mea-41-livrare-gratuita-poze-reale--a66384400

I recall it being offered in white/black, red/white, blue/white, green/yellow, and possibly blue/yellow...retail in the USA anyway. Soccer Madness might have had the green/yellow as an exclusive, but I can't recall off the top of my head. They had a lot of one off boots.

I know they were about $90.00 -$100.00 retail and the outsole on them was crap vs. the Brasil. Granted I do rate the Brasil as the best boot ever, so I am bias.

3. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, I know a place that has has full size runs of the Brasil PU MD intwo different colorways. I don't want to post the link on here because I'll probably get a pair myself but PM me if you're interested.

4. timaocampeao

timaocampeao New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Yes, I think that's the one I was looking for. I was young at the time, so I don't remember it really well.
    I had the green/yellow, that looked like this one that Taffarel used the World Cup final: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ShRhTioDu4A/T9shJUXmr5I/AAAAAAAAArc/IvQCmEaZjXs/s1600/Tafarel.jpg

Thank you very much for the answers!

5. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am interested in trying the Diadora dd-na. Anyone here own a pair or know where I can buy them? ( im in the US)

6. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am thinking about picking up a pair of the Diadora Brasil's. I remember hearing that the sizing on those is off. Is if half a size down or a full size?

7. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    gwood,

my previous pair, brasil MD PRO Italy is a uk6.0 eu39 1/3 jp24.5

narrow fit, but shoe length is about a uk6.5 mizuno Morelia and nike legend IV

i'd love the diadora Napoli (japan made), but sizing is unsure.....

8. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So is there any boots coming out from diadora similar to the maximus? Fold over tongue and elasticated just look amazing.

funny how companies are going less and less with tongue, my personally prefer a decent sized tongue, I'm not keen on how small nikes are going tbh, the ones are my nitro charge are actually pretty nicely sized.

9. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  11. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone here have the DD-Na GLX 14 yet? Have seen a review from unisport and they look interesting, different from most boots out at the moment.

12. J 10

J 10 Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Are these Diadora Brasils some take down model or the real deal? Are they some kind of a re-release? I know they're made in Bulgaria. I'm not that familiar with Diadora, although in my childhood it seemed almost all the boots were either Lotto or Diadora :) , but it would be nice if some expert could give some more info on these.

http://www.unisportstore.com/football-boots/diadora-brasil-fg-blackwhite/95773/

13. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the Brasil of the mid 2000's, but possibly a re-make/replica.

DISCLAIMER: I am far from an expert.

14. Aaron_cf7

Aaron_cf7 Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Was thinking of getting them... soleplate does look cool... interesting to see the big DIADORA on the instep, wonder where they got that from haha

15. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Multicolor Diadora DD-NA 2

[​IMG]

More images HERE

jayc23 repped this.
  16. noelbati

noelbati Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Sacramento Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    i had a pair of the dd-nas in the blue pink colorway, felt like i played for catania.

They were very light, the sole didn't let in water on wet pitches. The fit was great. wide in the forefoot and heel was nice for locking you in. The instep provided a clean strike, the lacing was off center for a good fit. The blades in the outsole were nice for grass pitches. Wore them for a couple of months then sold them, but wish i still had them!

Hope this helps guys. Wish they would come out with a black pair and I would be all over them. By far a better boot that f50s.

17. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Anyone know any web site that sells Diadora boots that ships to the UK? (apart from ebay).

18. pancreas

pancreas Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
  19. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  20. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  21. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
  22. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    They look really nice actually. Do need some FG boots and nearly ordered some of them on rakuten a few months ago... might go for it.

23. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
  24. Tomazo

Tomazo Member

May 18, 2014
    Koper
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Diadora boots might be good, but I have never been wearing them, because I always though they are not good. I love Nike and Adidas, I also think they produce more cool soccer boots. They are more fashioned or something like that. My favorite brand it's Adidas, I mostly buy their cleats, because it perfectly fits on my wider feet.