Diadora Boot and Equipment Thread

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by T90 OzzY, Jul 26, 2008.

1. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    For Copa I need a full size down though. Normally I'm UK8.5 in Adidas, but in Copa I've tried UK8 and they were too long once they were broken in.

2. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    The UK sizing on the Copa has always been weird...

gusgorman repped this.
  3. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Adidas UK sizing is wrong full stop.
    It doesn't line up properly with US sizing.
    Although Diadora and New Balance now seem to be using the same "always half a size small" approach.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  4. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Hey guys did we confirm sizing for the new diadora brazil blackouts? Im a US9.5 in morelia2, any suggestions?

does anyone have a pair yet? id be interested to hear your thoughts

5. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Go a half size down in the Diadoras. I have the Black/White Brasil OG in US 7.5 I wear size 8 in Morelia2

6. soupster

soupster Member

Jan 9, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Sheffield United FC
    I'd been wanting to try the older Brasils for a while and I managed to get these.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure which exact year these are from but 12 was Phil Neville's squad number between 1996 and 2002, so I'd guess the later part of that. @Dr. Boots will probably know more.

[​IMG]

Thankfully for me the sizing does run slightly big as these are half a size smaller than my regular size.

[​IMG]

Pangu, derbyyank13 and kiongsm repped this.
  7. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This was the model that dropped sometime around early 2002, it was a stitching and fold over tongue redesign vs the model before that was more like the OG Zico/Brasil forefoot that can be seen now on the reissue. The Diadora chevron and heel lettering was never made from this reflective material on retail models, just pro issue for extra visibility on TV and under flood lights.

The only exception on pro issue models in retail was when PDS had the older model mentioned above with the highly reflective logo/lettering sold as the SPA Brasil Pro worn by Roy Keane.

My jealousy is palpable on these, congrats.

stphnsn, Bolivianfuego and soupster repped this.
  8. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    i had 2 pairs of the abv in FG at a bargain from PDS back then

really regretted now for selling them off......great boots; ranked 2nd to my morelia II

9. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They are amazing!!

10. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I found a pair of BNIB OG MiI Brasils on eBay for $150ish. Snagged them in the same size as my Copas and hoping they work for me. If not the next size up is available for exchange, but no half sizes from this arrive on 01/21/17; will post pics.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  11. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mine was half size... but i'm really waiting that full size works for you... what a great boots!

12. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We'll see, if they don't fit I'll swap them out or just return and get the correct size from elsewhere. I am not going to be playing for a while due to more surgery, but I want the boots just to have them and as a bit of motivation for recovery and a return to the pitch.

The true Brasil is my all time favorite and what I consider the greatest boot of all time, I have been calling for this model for 10+ years, can't wait to slip them on and feel the quality on foot.

Pangu and serginhobertholi repped this.
  13. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They arrived last night...sadly too small in the 10, I think I am going to grab a 10.5 and 11 to compare for a truly perfect fit.

They ooze quality...the heel fit is what I remember and have been searching for in other boots for 10+ years.

14. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :(:(:(:(:(
    can you send it back?

15. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, I am shipping them back tomorrow.

16. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    what's your US size?

17. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Honestly it's all over the map between brands and the fact that I am not killing my feet anymore by going significantly down in leather boots. I'm still buying them snug to stretch, but not like I did when I was younger...previously I would have kept this size and worn them until they conformed to some extent.

Depending on the model I am comfortably somewhere between a US 11 and 12 in most models, bar the Copa and Profi which I take a 10. I tend to go more for the 11 -11.5 in leather models and 11.5- 12 in synthetics that don't stretch.

In the past I would do a 10-11 in most leather with a 9.5 in Copas...my feet have suffered for it though and now that I am less restrictive in my sizing my feet feel much better and are much healthier.

18. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    on the OGs, is there any difference in the leather between the white and black versions? is the black a little bit softer? that seems to be the case with most shoes, from what i've read. i'm considering buying the all black OGs for this year, but the white with blue look good too.

19. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Black is always a tad softer due to the color process, but I think it is splitting hairs to to be concerned about it. The white/blue are beautiful in person.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  20. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    with my touch, i need all the help i can get.

jayc23 and Dr. Boots repped this.
  21. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha, well played.

22. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    well i tried the OGs. i went down a half size from my mij morelia 2s, but there was still a ton of room in the forefoot. another quarter size down would have been about right i think. another half would have been too small. the heel felt a little too high for my foot anyway so i'm sending them back.

they're a nice boot though. you can't doubt the quality.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  23. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I did a half size down from my Morelias and they worked for me though that could be because of my foot shape!

24. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    I managed to snag a pair of Brasil OG on eBay for cheap ($125, shipped!) and received them yesterday. Had to take them out for a spin right away and my god, just wonderful. Immediate comfort and just forget they are there. I am sure they'll get even better as they are worn in.

I forgot what it's like to have a proper, all leather, no-frills shoe. Weight is basically a non issue either because they are so comfortable.

Anyone considering, I went with a 8.5US. Usually would take a 9 in shoes. For comparison, my Magistas are 9.5.

Edit: sent this pic to my buddy, so I had it on my phone. Will take better pics if anyone is interested.

[​IMG]

25. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    They are a fantastic pair of boots. I love mine, though I don't wear them much. Really happy that they are getting some love.

gusgorman repped this.