Di Canio..

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Mc_Midas, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Mc_Midas

Mc_Midas New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    -Rotherham!-
    i can't understand why di canio would interest man u, he is at the end of his career and a poor teddy sheringham :/ surely there are better plays for that hole role out there :/

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are few players who could step into that role and provide the goods almost immediately. Especially at the asking price.

3. Doik natz

Doik natz New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    Somerset /London
    Di Canio also has the x factor that few players have.

4. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the 1.7 million price, Di Canio is a steal. Hope West Ham can keep him but it would not surprise me to see him at Manchester before too long.

5. sydtheeagle

sydtheeagle New Member

May 21, 2002
    Oxfordshire
    Depth. With Man Utd's squad size and quality, and the number of competitive matches they play, they can use Di Canio far more effectively than West Ham. He not only has the "x" factor, as others have pointed out, but they can tailor his usage almost to the minute, unlike West Ham who need to rely on him every minute of every game. It would be a brilliant signing. A player capable of delivering twenty magical minutes required to deliver nothing more than that.

6. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago

oh yeah, that batshit-crazy ego maniac "x factor". if the move happens, you know Cantona's going to have some interesting words for it.

7. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fergie has no experience dealing with big ego's?

8. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago
    Big ITALIAN egos? I guess his time with Eric and Roy will help, but there is just something a little more insane about Di Canio than the past nut jobs.
    And as much criticism as Paulo is knowen to levy at what ever club he's with, I'm not sure how much stick SAF will take from him, i.e. Stam.

9. Mc_Midas

Mc_Midas New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    -Rotherham!-
    he is overrated and for his 'x' factor, there are other players about who have more and have longer to go in there careers, i believe he is a mid table player nothing more :eek:

10. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Di Canio is a fantastic player, he's won european trophies with milan!
    I would love to see him back at celtic park for 2 million, absoloute steal in my opinion.

11. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina
    He's Italian, he's supposed to be crazy. If they can pick him up it'll be great. A cheap supersub who provides much needed depth.

12. Mc_Midas

Mc_Midas New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    -Rotherham!-
    canio would do decent at celtic due to the scottish league lacking the quaility of the prem.

13. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    He was decent at celtic, same as he was decent at lazio,juve,milan,napoli and west ham.
    hes a class player.

14. Mc_Midas

Mc_Midas New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    -Rotherham!-
    maybe back in the day he was good. i don't think he is that good now.

15. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All he has to do is:

1) Get the ball.

2) Pass it to RVN. (has to be a "clever" pass though, since RVN will be marked)

That's it.

I think he could do that job.

16. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    Paolo is a very creative player. He doesn't finish as well as you would like a striker to. But he creates offense as well as anyone, he's all over the field and if he played for Man U all he'd have to do is get the ball to Ruud. That all said, I don't want to see him leave West Ham.

17. Mc_Midas

Mc_Midas New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    -Rotherham!-
    ;o/
    he is a drifter, he drifts in and out of games like anything :[

gunnar is far better.

18. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Sky Sports, Fergie is no longer interested in Di Canio.

http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,3960-1059666,00.html

"It had been strongly suggested that West Ham were awaiting a bid from United for the maverick 34-year-old Di Canio by the end of the week - but Ferguson was unequivocal: "He will not be the next one."

19. Mc_Midas

Mc_Midas New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    -Rotherham!-
    wp fergie.