DFB POKAL - the Final (R)

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Doc_Aeppler, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    ok, first things first:
    BERLIN, BERLIN, WIR FAHREN NACH BERLIN!!
    *loweringmynoisebacktonormal*

Ok, Id like to hear some neutral oppinions on this game.
    Do we have a chance against Bayern?
    I mean, yeah, usually they should kick our asses like 3-1 or whatever without to much of a hustle, but this isnt exactly usually...
    The cupfinal has its own laws (lol i had to say that sentence)
    *puts3eurointothephrasenschwein*

Im not expecting too much to be honest, the kaiserlsauterngame next wednseday will allways be in the back of the heads and that kinda sucks...
    But what can you say, we have nothing to lose, we have no pressure, it should surely be a fun game!

my tip: SGE 6-0 FCB ;)

greetz,
    a very exited Doc Äppler

2. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Go Frankfurt.

I wish you guys the best.

My tip :

Frankfurt 84 - 0 Bayern. (43 times amanatidis, 12 Copado, 4 Cha, Nikolov 25 goals from goal kicks that Kahn will let slip past on the other end)

3. blazsovszkyc

blazsovszkyc Member

May 20, 2004
    Budapest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think is going to be somewhat closer like Frankfurt 84-78 Bayern:D

4. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Fair enough, but who would be the Bayern scorers?

5. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I hope for a Frankfurt victory.

5-4 after penalties

6. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

Uli comes off the bench and scores two. :D

7. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is like the only team in the 1st BL I'd like Bayern to win against...
    (nothing against you, doc, just no warm feelings with your team)

8. Bayernfan

Bayernfan Member

Mar 7, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    Anyone know of a website with a free live videocast or radiocast for the Pokal-Final?

9. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    59th minute:
    Inswinging corner from the right, Pizzaro left side on edge of 6 yd box heads home.

Eintracht Frankfurt 0-1 Bayern Munich

10. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Final

Eintracht Frankfurt 0-1 Bayern Munich
    0:1 - Pizzaro 59'

Kahn pulled off a great left-handed save from point blank range four minutes from time.

Congrats to FC Bayern. Hate that club but well deserved winners of the Pokal. :)

11. Cazlon

Cazlon Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Pretoria/Berlin
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Well deserved win for Bayern. 1st half Frankfurt was the better team, unfortunately they completely lost track after the break.

Not at all unexpected, there were two interesting things to note though. Beckenbauer openly criticized Ballack, well deserved too. And of course the Kahn media hype machine was going strong again, one admittedly excellent save and he's top of the world once more.

edit: Hope you manage to avoid relegation as well Frankfurt, your play is miles ahead of Golfsburg, Cologne and Bielefeld.

12. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well play Frankfurt!

Now good luck in the fight against relegation matches.

Also, wish u guys do well in uefa cup next season!

13. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    I think this was the first time in ages that I didn't watch the final as I didn't want either team to win it.

Congrats to Bayern, even though it's frustrating to see them win the cup so often.

14. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Thanks.

It's not a crime being too successful!:p

15. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Not much to say about the game. Probably as typical a Bayern-win as can be...
    I havent seen it on tv yet, but friends that had to stay here told me that the goal was given alltough pizarro jumped right on Ochs back. Could definitely have been called. Seeing this picture I know what they mean.
    [​IMG]
    Im gonna claim that had the attacker been amanatidis and the defender ismael, this goal would no have been given...
    Then there was this scene where koehler is infront of the goal and gets fouled by sagnol but no call again. Had to be a freekick in a nice position and a red card... I read today that Koehler lost a tooth...
    Once again Im 100% positive that it had been called had the attacker been pizarro and the defender vasoski...

But oh well, cant change what happened.
    All I know is, Im extremely proud of this team! A B-Side of an underdog allmost had the big favorite Bayern! All of Germany (exept for hannover and Offenbach I guess) was on our side, I think we were also able to gain some sympathies in this country and thats always good...
    I had so many people wish us luck in Berlin, it was incredible!

Its a shame that the FCBoring won the cup again. They dont even know what to do with it anyways. I didnt see any celebrating Bayerncustomers in Berlin all night long. Man we woulda rocked this city... actually we did anyways... :D

16. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It's not unusual for losing teams to get a bit of grumbles.:p

On the controversy of Pizarro's goal, Ochs was simply beaten by Pizarro, by his excellent timing of the header, and use of the power of his chest to suppress the rise of Ochs. Did you see any protest in the Frankfurt camp? I didn't. The snapshot was taken fractions of seconds after the strike (see how far the ball was bounced off Pizarro's majestic header!). It is misleading. And it could be a foul against Ochs for tricking Pizarro into a nasty fall.

I wish we could have staged an identical stellar performance when we beat you soundly at home 5-2.

However, we could have other equally important tasks in mind. The bigger celebration has to be delayed until we complete our mission for the double.

Anyway, you were an worthy opponent in the Pokal final.:D

17. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I have to say i appreciate Bayerntone for posting in the non-Bayern forums, It seems the rest are all scared of us :D

18. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I guess you are oddly too eager for some 4-letter words, VfBstuttgartfan.:D

I am just a benchwarmer in my home forum.:)

2-1 Bayern
    1-0 Cologne (Poldi will flash his pair of neon boots!)