(DFB Pokal: Round 3) FC Bayern München gg. FC Ingolstadt 04 26.10.2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by ForeverRed, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea no need to rush him of course. His talent is pretty obvious though and I do hope they make the move permanent and at least loan him out. If anything, kiddie farming is a good way to bring in extra cash. ;)

2. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Agree, but the two thing that Ingolstadt did provide that our reserves would not are a big crowd and a lack of familiarity. Audience and unpredictability help keep people on their toes.

3. cwcoach18

cwcoach18 Member+

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    SV Waldhof Mannheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Agree, time and also patience. Most BL teams are not Ingolstadt however.

4. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Sorry, not impressed AT all with the opposition. Impressed with how Bayern's B squaders did with some of the first team players. But I certainly would not make any real personal changes due to this game. Just nice knowing Bayern have some players who do not look overtly out of place when thrown in there.

5. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Is this in response to my earlier comment about Ingolstadt vs. preseason as well? Otherwise, the point I was trying to make above was not about Ingolstadt's quality, but about how friendly games against reserve sides never bring the same jitters as a real game against an unfamiliar side. And my earlier comment was not so much praise for Ingolstadt's quality as it was using it as a comparison benchmark for the last time we saw a lot of these players on the pitch. Knowing that they are better now than they were in the preseason is not the same to me as knowing where they are in comparison to the regular starters.

Which is why I agree 100% that this game should not be used as the basis for lineup changes. Even in Alaba's case it only confirms what we have already seen from his performances in BL and CL matches.

6. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I couldn't help but smile after seeing Usami's reaction when he scored. Very happy for him. :)

7. Donauwelle

Donauwelle Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Müller started because he needs it... he is a perpetuum mobile... he and Lahm are the ones with the best regeneration values. And Heynckes could not risk to loose this game, so he cannot put out everybody of the first team. Heynckes tries to build Olic up again - so he did not want to let him go for more than the 30 minutes and Usami is still a big risk as he can have nice action going forward but still lacks of a lot he will have to learn.

Müller is a cup garantee - he has 15 scorers (7 goals) in his 12 cup games in the recent 3 years.

The problem Müller right now has have more to do with the left sided game set-up in which it is difficult for him to shine - not with his body or mental freshness.

But - I hope Jogi will let him at home during the international break - so he has 2 weeks without games but with a training period. Enough time to try out Marco Reus, Schürrle or whoever.

---------

and to answer some question from before in the thread. Müller was never in his soccer career even in youth times out because of injuries longer than one or two weeks.

8. cwcoach18

cwcoach18 Member+

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    SV Waldhof Mannheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    He could have put DvB as striker or play maker and been fine. Ingolstadt has been that bad this season. :D

9. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There is a lot of people that may dislike him here (how could you not, it's not as if he is the reason Bayern plays in CL this year?), but I do not like annoying agendas. And certainly I am always of others having an opinion but there is a line obviously where it gets blurry to full on stupidity/hate of the player is all there is left. PL basically comments and makes fun of him in every single bad game he plays, and he never bothers to ever mention him in the ones where he is scoring at will. And how he should be replaced yawn yawn yawn....

Opinions can only take you far enough until you sound ridiculous, for example my opinion from now on since Lahm sucked the last 2 matches and Cotento played so well vs the mighty FC Ingolstadt is that Contento should be our LB from now on and Lahm can only be used in rotation. This is basically the same rationale that you can use Gomez vs Petersen debate, as really there never was one to either the sane or people that simply do not hate him.

Just because I'm being an a-hole (since you deserve it), does not mean I am emotional over this, just rude. But nice that this comment is coming from the person I am talking about. :p

--

By the way, hoping Muller plays this weekened.. so he can sit in the bench vs Napoli. Cannot wait until Robben is back and we have a bit more equilibrium in the team.

10. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    :p:p
    Imagine Robben with this fitness:p
    WPOTY for a decade

11. cwcoach18

cwcoach18 Member+

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    SV Waldhof Mannheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    LMFAO!!! :D

Good one...

12. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well done. :D

14. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :(

They need to fuse together and create Mubben, the ultimate wing/SS.

15. terrypk1

terrypk1 Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    SUCH a great idea. MUBBEN. this is like dragon ball all over again. LOL

16. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

So what happens to Kroos?

I am a huge Muller fan but currently I am feeling Kroos more

17. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah, just imagine.

Real Madrid would be unstoppable. ;)

18. DerChef

DerChef Member+

Oct 5, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We'd then get Krobben. Sounds even better.

19. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Guys we have to open the thread 4 tomorrow......

[​IMG]

20. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They will have to fight it out for one position. While I am harsh on Muller, I think with 1-2 game break and going back to his SS/AM position, he will be back to his best.

21. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  22. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    nice lol:D;)

23. terrypk1

terrypk1 Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    is that some kind of fruit? that i can get high on?

24. |)ieRoten

|)ieRoten New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Muller tracks back plenty too. I think they bring a different look behind the striker and each have their own strengths.

Kroos is more technical and methodical whereas Muller is more direct and faster, in my opinion at least.