DFB Pokal 2016/217 Thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One more win to a Europa League slot...is HUGE for us...it can really give us some much needed super powers during a time that getting back into Europe seemed much impossible if not a fact.From revenue increase to increasing quality player interest in sticking around at Gladbacho_O:oops:;):cautious::ninja::ninja::alien::alien::devilish::devilish:

2. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why not just win the EL and secure a CL spot for next year ;)

3. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gunna be an interesting few weeks between Schalke & BMG, hopefully Hazard's fit enough to start soon cause he would be a big help to Raffael & Stindl against Schalke's back 3 + Stambouli.

Expecting the teams to line up in something like:

[​IMG]

Which could make it difficult for you guys to get your flow going if you can't pull that back three + Stambouli apart

4. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Hazard should be fit on thursday... not sure if he starts... I nevertheless would field Johnson instead (and that is not only because of the saturday-match, I almost always would begin with Johnson ;-)
    I think Jantschke is secure (the team has found itself and the match probably is too important to start rotating just now)... Hecking isn't as (over)creative as Schubert in lining up the team I assume... on the other hand you shouldn't be too predictable ;-)
    Naldo is out for the season since the Saloniki-match... which is very good for us because their defense is even more shaky without him

I expect a tougher match than saturday (who don't?) with S04 scrupulously avoiding to offer any counter-attack-opportunities... and generally two cautious teams always keeping in mind that this is a two legs-duel

5. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    ah, this is plain wrong I'm afraid: the defeated finalist doesn't get an Europa-League starting place anymore in case the cup-winner did qualify for CL
    nowadays the seventh of the final table get's the place
    but no reason to sigh at all: we have still three options and the BuLi-option is now looking better and better especially as both Hertha and Frankfurt lost today... making them and Cologne now having the hot breath of the mighty Borussia in their necks
    L'kusen sacked Rooooger, I hope their new (interim?) coach won't have the idea of starting a performance like Hecking did

6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope Schalke attacks like mad tonight leaving acres of space in the back for our lightning fast counters.

My body is ready, start it already!

Am watching with a good friend who is Schalke fan in a old school Berliner Kneipe (Willi Bresch the name). Will be fun.

7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching at home in Columbus.....

8. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Christensen hurt or suspended for this one?

9. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got a road goal, then the official allowed a mugging, the rest just stood there, and Schalke knotted it up.
    Poor from the refs......seems to be a theme this week for some reason........

Hecking sure does love him some Hofmann though........

10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Injured--back problems.

Blueallthru repped this.
  11. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actual back problems or "back problems"? I assumed that Hecking was just rotating Kramer & Christensen since the second leg will be in gladbach.

12. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why are you talking in the wrong thread?

kgilbert78 and HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agree about the Ref's...its just getting worse all over Europe ...each season worse than the one before !
    It was pretty horrid during the PSG & FCB game as well..ref was German to:sick::speechless::confused:o_Oo_O

LuckyStriker repped this.
  14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That would be total 'BLISS" and fairy tale material...but i think its more realistic and within our power to take out Einteracht and move into Europe thru the rear door vs winning the EL.I have actually fantasized about it...and trust me even the idea of once more lifting that cup sends chills down my spine.
    I just want this team to be in the international business so we can benefit from the revenues and being able to hold on to our players & bring in quality:rolleyes::D;):giggle::sneaky::ninja::cautious::alien::devilish:

15. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kramer was under a yellow card suspension. Kicker just said "back problems" for Christensen, so I don't know anything more. Rotation would not surprise me, but we'll see what happens on Sunday.

16. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that's all for the Cup--going out on penalties at home. :(

Not much left to play for this season, as making up 5 points in 4 games is unlikely, with so many teams ahead of us.

Wendt is injured (broken elbow) and out for the rest of the season and Drmic will not play again this year.

Will be hard to find 11 healthy players left this season.

17. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Such an irritating loss for BMG. They started poorly before taking charge of the game and should've won it before it even got to pens, but Hecking's love of Hofmann and refusal to play anything but a 4-4-2 anymore cost the team. If the team had started Herrmann opposite Traore on the wings or Benes + Dahoud ahead of Strobl; they would have had much more control and threat from the outset. But even with the way they started things could've been rectified if Benes came on for Wendt and they move to a 3-1-4-2 with

Hahn - Stindl
    Traore - Benes - Dahoud - Hofmann
    Strobl
    Veste - Christensen - Elvedi​

With Herrmann coming on for Hofmann or Hahn and slotting in on the right.