DFB CUP: FC Bayern vs. VfB Stuttgart [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by eissman, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks again Nekki... AWESOME job with the PBP!!!!
    You rock.

Did you see this game live? What a great result. I am satisfied... anyone else? Through to the Quarters.

2. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good point. The road is where champions are formed (cheesy, I know).
    Bring on the CLS and Bundesliga!!!

3. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What this implies is that Bayern were actually creating chances inside and around the penalty box (10 corners, 15 shots, 3 goals). Stuttgart were not (half as many in each category).

Its about bloody fvkcing time!

4. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    both magath and pizza has said that he isn't 100% after his injuries yet. he hasn't played enough matches to get into the rythm. since bayern has had a tough program lately i am glad that he plays only 60 minutes per game. we don't want him worn out till our qualifier against chile the 17th and it's also good that guerrero gets some more match practice until that game as well

5. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Im not really sure where he was supposed to be. It seems as if this was the Ballack that we normally see on the national team. He was all over the field making both defensive stops and creating attacks.

I would say that Frings was the OM, Schweini was LM, Hargreaves was the RM, and Ballack played as a CM. Its possible that Magath has decided that since Bayern really has no true DM that he would not constrain any single player to that position and would rather have all four midfielders share the defensive responsibilities.

Todays formation worked extremely well and completely shut down VFB's attack. Not only that but Bayern shredded their defense and created a host of chances.

PS. Guerrero is the real deal. I hope we see him against Maccabi in 2 weeks.

6. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I read the live ticker in German while listening to the Web radio and trying to scrible everything down to make some PBP.

7. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very encouraging and well said. I can see the potential for the midfield to work as a whole... Frings, Ballack, and Hargreaves all have the ability to defend well. Schweinsteiger is staking his claim in the lineup. Ze Roberto perhaps is losing time because of it in the future? We shall see.

Guerraro... you have to love this kid. Scores 2-3 last night, then contributes tonight! I agree... keep bringing him on in the 65th minute for Pizarro.

I think Magath is finding a rhythm with the lineup and substitutions. That is nice to start nailing down as a coach (trust me).

8. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, you just scored extra bonus points! Amazing job... you beat me to the punch every time! ;)

9. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Thanks eissman! I try my best. I wish that I could have been around for the entire match but I had class until 3:00.

I am really starting to get excited about this Bayern team, but I dread the next few games b/c they always seem to find a way to fall apart after a good run like this. I hope this match is a signal of things to come, especially from the Bayern midfield. I was happy to see Ballack and Hargreaves finally found their scoring boots.

10. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I share your sense of cautious optimism. Bayern has a way of pulling our strings. They themselves can get a little cocky.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Hmmm strange match... was that Bayern?
    Stuttgart really didn't show up for the match at all, their first shot on target was at the 85th minute and were making far too many mistakes. Good job to Bayern for efficient defending though. I really like this new formation with Frings as OM and Ballack as DM, allows Ballack to become more invisible as players will not mark him.
    During the first half I was thinking if there was one player I wouldn't mind see leave, it would be Owen Hargreaves; literally a split second later he scores a brilliant long range shot to the corner and in the second half has an assist. Hmmmm thank goodness I am not a talent scout...

Anyways in conclusion I believe Bayern have found their third striker and his name is Paulo Guerraro, this guy has got some pretty decent touches. His assist was simply sublime. A no look precise pass to unleash Makaay to beat the offside trap. Pass was incredible and even better because he wasn't looking.

On an off topic note, Philipp Lahm was being interviewed at the end of the match and the reporter mentioned that his sister was in the stadium and is supposedly a Bayern fan, he responded "No she's not a Bayern fan, she's a Philipp Lahm fan". I found it pretty amusing, looking forward to him returning to Bayern.

12. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Hahaa yeh it was some crazy woman, damn funny.

14. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I think you would be the world's funniest talent scout. Loved the ManU marketing thread on WR. They do all that and the fans have the gall to worry about Glazer.

As for Hargreaves--good Owen showed up. I still think he is too inconsistent, as is the team. It did not seem that Stuttgart even showed up for the game. Anyway, good for Bayern

15. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    can we expect doctored photos in Bild?

16. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Heh thanks! I was extremely bored at work today :D

Hargreaves certainly played a good game, I can only fault him for being a little too eager pushing up field. Many times it was a one touch and him running upfield a little selfishly, but other than that he was very commited throughout the game.

I wouldn't be surprised. It was actually a pretty cute costume, should be the new Bayern mascot; that bear Bayern have scares me.

18. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

Bayern could start their own adult web service and channel

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Now here is an entrepreneur, I like your thinking Dead Fingers!!

20. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

How can we make Dirndl dresses more exciting?

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

Leather... it's all about leather. WATOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!! (*whipping sound incase the onomatopoeia wasn't obvious enough :D)

22. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I am not much of a watooooooooooosh guy I am more of a phhhh-tuh guy, but with some zing on the "tuh" part

23. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Imagine the boots/cleats with spikes on top as well as the bottom.

We probably need the silk and lace jerseys. Ok wait a minute --this has gone too far!

24. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Done!

25. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    That was a nice scene when that woman ran towards Oliver Kahn, and he smilingly gave her a real hug, tapping on her shoulder 2-3 times. As if they were good friends. Lovely scene. Maybe someone has a photo?