Dexter - Season 6 [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Felixx219, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how he is going to cover up his Nebraska road trip. I hope the pissed off, darker Dexter stays around for the rest of the season.

If Anderson emerges as a formidable character of the show, they might be looking to right Quinn out. If Deb and his breakup is for good, then he really doesnt have a place on the show any longer.

I wonder if Bautista's sister is going to emerge with a bigger storyline.

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    So weird to see Brian back............totally unexpected.

If Travis ends his relationship with Prof.....what happens?

3. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He becomes a target.

4. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Prof was real and did interact with people in the past. He has yet to actually interact with anyone other than Travis this season. Seriously, there is not a single incident where he is interacting with a single person other than Travis.

The most we have gotten is the female hostage looked in his direction when Travis was talking to him. But that could be a who the hell are you talking to look.

5. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Sorry. I should have been clearer. It has been established that he exists or existed....what I have seen is that the Professor hasn't spoken or even been acknowledged by anyone else other than Travis. Maybe it's a Narrator/Tyler Durden thing going on.

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Dexter's "code" looks more questionable than ever this season. If Brother Sam was able to rehabilitate himself, then every one that Dexter has killed could theoretically have turned into a Brother Sam had Dexter not killed them first.

IOW, the rationale for not killing Brother Sam should also have applied to everybody that Dexter has killed.

7. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Possibly. The difference is that Brother Sam was proven to have been rehabilitated whereas the others were not. It is possibly that some of there were or could have been but that's doubtful. Most of them havent even seemed remorseful when Dexter had them on the table.

8. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That episode sucked. It had such promise and ended up being a dud. There was no progression of the story at all. That was probably one of my least favorite Dexter episodes ever.

9. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I watch Boardwalk Empire at 9 and then catch the Dexter replay at 11:00. First time ever I fell asleep thru it. It didn't grab me either.

10. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Where in ********topia are you?

I want to have Deb's babies. :eek:

==

Didn't care for the overall episode, but was glad to see Deb and Quinn are indeed over.

Speaking of -- at some point is Deb going to confront Dex about how he's been kinda MIA from her life? First her party, then the whole conference/plan thing she was wigging out about.

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I thought it was ok too. Definitely not what I expected.

12. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I have to disagree. First episode I made plans to see and it was disappointing. But then again, I see this as an episode to set up future episodes.

Overall, if Brother Sam was the angel in Dexter's life, Brian does a great job of being the devil on the other shoulder. With Brian in his life, Dexter gets more reckless

IS it me or is Dexter getting sloppy? First the unanticipated killing (no kill room or preparation I mean) of Nick. Then leaving his tools in the trunk for the motel owner to find. Killing hte motel owner and now letting Judah go.. Dexter lets him live, advising him to "forgive yourself." That kid is going to need a whole lot of therapy. There was a 2 second shot that had Dexter holdling the pen of the Motel owner that he killed. IMO he is going to pull that pen out and someone is going to ask why in the hell he has a pen from an unsolved murder in Nebraska. He's getting sloppy because Dexter is depending on who's whispering in his ear. We saw him start to reconsider things with the guidance of Brother Sam in a positive way, and after losing him, it didn't take too long at all for Brian to push him in the other direction.

I have a stream of consciousness thought here--As antagonistic as LaGuerta has been at points this season, it wouldn't surprise me if something nasty befell her - it's easier to bump off a major character when that character isn't quite as liked as they once were.

PS - The Doomsday guys sarted out very promising. I'm not feeling them anymore.

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    That is my main issue with the show. Those 2 guys could have been the 2nd coming of Trinity.

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Also driving from Miami to Nebraska is 24 hours each way if you have a team of drivers going non- stop. Dexter drove there, did a tonne of stuff in Nebraska and drove back all in one day.

Lol don't think so. Even 4 days would be a stretch.

15. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do we know it was one day?

I got married in Key Largo, FL and my dad drove from KC to Key Largo in 22 hours and the morning after we got married, he drove back in the same amount of time. Dexter doesnt seem to need a lot of sleep so it's possible he was only gone for a couple of days.

16. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I was thinking along the lines of Kevin Spacy in Se7en but the creep factor still has lost (IMHO) its potential to rival Trinity. I hope the writers pull something out of their a*s to at least be better than Prado.

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    From the conversations he had with Debra.

18. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I was under the impression that her calls were spread out over a couple days. And that it was 1 day to get there, 1 day to do his research and killings, then another day going back.

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Nah, Debs is working day and night. When she returned to the office it was the same day.

20. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His brother said it was a 16 hour drive one way, there is no way they played it off as just 1 day gone, he told his baby sitter he'd begone for multiple days

21. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it wasnt one day. It was day when they started driving (screwed the girl at the gas station which was awesome), night time when he shot at the sign on the highway and when he checked in, and then it was day time when he went and saw Trinity's son the first time and also day time when he went to the Mitchell house, and then night time again when he killed the dude at the hotel and met with the son the third time.

So, he probably left early in the morning on Day 1, got there at night, spent the day in Nebraska meeting with Jonah and getting his tire fixed on Day 2, and then at night on Day 2 he met with Jonah the third time and then probably headed home after that meeting to get out of town and got back sometime during the day on Day 3.

Day 1 - left at like 6AM, arrived in NE at like midnight or so.
    Day 2 - spent the day meeting Jonah, getting tire fixed, scouting the residence and then left town in the middle of the night after meeting Jonah the third time.
    Day 3 - arrived back in Miami like mid-day

He was gone for like 54 hours or something like that. I cant believe I just typed that much discussing this.

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Okay, I thought he reported to work on Day 1 implying he left like midday, and returned in time for work on day 3 (morning). Guess I mis-remembered.

I still say impossible to travel 5000 kilometers even if he missed 2 full days of work (google maps says 27 hours from MIA to the edge of Nebraska), but okay... moving on then. :)

23. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    -- I had a feeling LaGuerta was covering for someone. I just wonder if it's whatshisname. Matthews, maybe?

-- Feel bad about Travis' sister, but I figured it was coming. I also feel really bad for Deb. I think Dex needs to be careful, because he's obviously oblivious to how hurt she is right now.

-- Good call on the Nebraska pen, poster who's name escapes me. Kind of weird how Deb didn't focus on that as much as Dex not opening up to her.

-- Getting better, but it's taken SO damn long to get anywhere with the DDK thing.

Which reminds me. Y'know what I think this season is missing? Honest to god suspense. There's been very little of that. It's like they work up what could be a suspenseful scene and then ... blow it. Or it resolves itself. Like I don't think Gellar would have just jumped out a window to avoid Dexter. I think he would have tried to take him, or at least trap him. So, when Dex looked through the window, all I could think was how Gellar was going to jump out of a shadow, knock Dexter out, then chain him up.

This is along the lines of what I would like to happen:

So, now I'm thinking it would have been cool if Dexter had been captured, and how maybe Deb steps up and goes out to find him ... and she finds the old church, and Dex, then she gets captured as well. They're chained up, and they finally have to open up to each other, and even if Dex doesn't drop the big one on her directly, she puts bits together. Maybe not the whole secret, but just enough to get her mind churning.

She realizes that Travis, while guilty on many levels, tried to walk away from it. Tried to change. Then Dex gets the opportunity and Gellar is killed. Deb witnesses it and sees his nature, how natural it is for him. Travis is scared, but relieved, and after some long, thoughtful stares among the three of them, Deb starts in about how Travis was kidnapped and Gellar was the killer -- knowing the real extent of his involvement. Gellar is dead, so the DDK cases are closed. Police scene at the end ... Deb and Dex look at each other from a slight distance ... Maybe a slight nod, the slightest of smiles. She doesn't know everything, or even the depth of it, but she knows just enough to make for some fabulous tension and/or sibling bonding in the next season.

But that's just me. I'm also a little bored tonight. Can you tell? :eek:

24. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dexter is being awfully careless. If Deb finds out some dude was killed at a hotel in Nebraska and then somehow finds out that Dex knew about Travis, she could start putting pieces together. Deborah knows Dexter doesnt really have any friends so she has to be wondering what came up that he would have to leave so suddenly like that. I think they are building up to Deb starting to figure some things out. I have to wonder if maybe she will start following him or something. Or maybe she ends up opening up to Quinn and he starts telling her what he found out last season and it opens her up to something be up to Dexter. Him being this careless is really out of character for him. Going out on a kill when his sister was right there and then killing the dude with the pitchfork and drowning Nick on a beach when someone easily could have seen him. You have to think that something is going to come out and bite him later.

25. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been really anti-climatic so far. I hope this season ends with a bang because it has been kind of slow and the lack of kills this season is boring. Dexter's kill count is going down.

Speaking of which, how many people has Dexter killed? Anyone know where that would be listed? I assume somewhere that someone has kept track of his kills on the show and ones he has talked about.