Dexter - Season 6 [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Felixx219, Oct 1, 2011.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Well, Prado's brother was self-defense. Then he killed one other guy in Season 4 I think by mistake. Then he killed that one dude in the bathroom.

2. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has killed innocent people. The guy he killed in the swamp was just some random dude and then he had a case of mistaken identity one season where he thought a photographer was killing young models and he killed him and it turned out to be his assistant that was doing it. He was very torn up about it but it didnt kill his code.

3. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Prado's brother was in self-defense. Fair enough. I say though it was kill or be killed.

EDIT - Yeah- work and a marathon has been completelyt taken up my free time. At least Sunday the marathon is over!!

Sorry about the error - been completely focused on work for hte past 6 months and haven't even been able to watch an episode yet! Working on memory.

The redneck in the bathroom in season 5 did say Rita could suck his d*ck. He was antagonizing Dexter. Although he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, he was innocent.

The photographer. Season 4. I forgot about that one. Point taken. Dexter completely blew that one.

4. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No... sorry. Miscommunication. I added a space between paragraphs and edited my text without re-reading before submitting. I was continuing a thought from a previous sentence and didn't adjust what I'd written.

I meant that in this case, it's absolutely true that the series (television) is better than the books.

This is what I said in the other parts of the post though:

"Unfortunately, the books are lacking. I read the first two, but the writing of the first is mediocre. I noticed it when I read them long before the series began. A friend recommended them to me, and I was pretty disappointed. The storyline was ok. I liked the second better."

"I sincerely believe they're not worth reading if you have seen the show."

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    His relationship with Brother Sam worries me because too often religion-based plots end predictably and terribly. Dexter praying at the coffee machine and then the machine pouring baby's diarrhea into a cup = ZOMG!-There-might/must-be-a-God! or Brother Sam about to kill someone when he saw sun-light come through a window (which can't ever happen by coincidence, of course) has been played-out so many times on TV.

Hopefully this season doesn't continue to go down the path that last Sunday's episode started us on.

6. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read the first book and really liked it. Yes it was cheesy, but I knew it was supposed to be.

7. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a boring episode.

8. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    We're gonna catch this jizz bucket.

Would it be weird if I just left?

==

I think the boring part is that none of the recurring cast really has any sort of drama occurring in their life at all.

9. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's fine by me. The Bautista - LaGuerta storyline was as uninteresting as can be. I have to wonder where the hot intern chick will return. There really was no point on having her on the show if that was her entire storyline. I think it is about time Mazuaka had an interesting storyline, he has also just kind of been there.

I was actually thinking the other day that since he is the forensics guy that maybe he would be the one to catch on to Dexter at some point and that would be his big break in the show.

10. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I probably should have clarified a bit. It seems that in past seasons, there always seemed to be at least one or two main characters that were put in danger, or put into a near miss with one of Dexter's kills - sort of IN the story and not just on the outside of it ... So far, aside from Quinn and Batista smoking up, and Quinn sleeping with the Uinversity of Tallahassee :rolleyes: (Y'all mean FSU?) professor, well ... It's just been really, really flat.

The Doomsday guys are doing nothing for me. There's really nothing intriguing about them.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Other than for sex appeal which, lets be honest, is a big part of this show.

12. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    And, like ... Dexter didn't kill anyone this episode. His little side projects have been lacking this season it seems. Even with the tooth fairly, it didn't feel the same.

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Catching Travis and letting him go was a little odd.

14. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he hasnt actually killed anyone, it would be against the code.

15. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he has only killed like 2 people, right?

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Well, one could argue he played a vital part in those killings.

17. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt but that isnt the code. They have to have actually murdered people.

18. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly!

19. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
  20. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a hell of an episode. I was holding my breath waiting to see if Dexter take action. When I heard the clapping I didnt think it would be Brian. I didnt see that coming but I love it.

21. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    'Situations like this is EXACTLY why the partner card is in the ********ing deck.'

Cool ending. Glad Dexter took care of Nick.

22. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    :eek:

Glad I saw this on time!! I have a feeling that Professor Gellar is in Travis's imagination. Just like Harry/Dexter situation. Has anyone expcept Travis spoke to him? I guess the Teaching Assistant... :confused:

There are a lot of loose end but I am sure it is becuase I haven't seen this show as strictly as I usually did. And I was definitely wrong about Brother Sam dying by Travis/Professor.

I wasn't expecting Brian either. But then agian, this kill wasn't his standard meticulously-planned kill. I hope the death of Brother Sam doesn't turn off his faint hope for hunaity, because watching his growth as a father has been pretty compelling. I think Dexter is about to start to go on a rampage.....especially in Nebraska :D

23. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who thinks that Brother Sam is going to appear as the Angel and Brian will be the devil?

24. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    The teaching assistant, but then again, they had a mugshot of the guy and he was a professor at one time. Cool theory, but I think they've already proven he exists in the real world.

I don't know if Dexter's going to go completely off the deep end, or if it's just going to be for an episode. Like killing Nick, then learning about the Trinity copycat killings and seeing Brian opens him up to the full darkness and not just the meticulous, carefully-planned Dexter variation. But I think he'll come to his senses.

I can't help but wonder where Quinn's going with everything. Yeah, he's upset by being dumped by Deb, but I wonder if he's not going to end up on Dexter's table, or at the very least, getting kicked out of the police. I mean, I keep thinking he's done as much as he can do, and he keeps going over the edge, more and more.

25. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Professor Gellar actually exist. It has been proven and they have witnesses that know him. The man just knows how to manipulate people and make them do the dirty work.