Deutschland vs. Kamerun [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Dead Fingers, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    you have been given some good rep!

Homework :eek: !!!
    Actually I am working the reference desk(yes I am a librarian) helping people do their homework right now!
    Thanks again jonam

2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Hey everybody--How were those red uniforms? :cool:

3. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Nice, if it weren't the German national team that wear those new jerseys. :-/.

I like the all-black shirts. Combined with black trousers that would have been fantastic!

[​IMG]

4. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Good match, not outstanding, but okay.

The new jerseys, sometimes I thought Belgium was playing! The old classic away shirts were green jerseys and white shorts, they should have used those. Red seems like Belgium (or Spain).

Schweinsteiger played pretty well, actually. Wouldn`t say he was nervous or anything.

5. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  6. shutoutj

shutoutj New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Rome, Georgia
    Soccernet said Schweinsteiger was brilliant. :confused:

Anyone have a clue as to where I can find this match on bittorrent?

7. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jurgen Klinsmann...

You have to like this guy... he has balls. Plain and simple. He knows what he likes and executes it without batting an eye to all the old-school DFB critics. I love it!

Let the young hungry boys play. Hey, the results say it all.

8. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    I'd a long time a critical distance to Klinsman, but now I think he do all right.
    Excluse the red jerseys, buah, grrr.

9. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Germany played OK, but nothing remarkable. Perhaps, that was down to the poor performance and attitude of the Cameroonian players.
    But it has cost Schäfer his job as announced this morning.
    Kuranyi did well with the opener and Klose with his first of the evening struck a fine shot.
    However, on the sending off, I was not entirely convinced. Frings has a tendency to go to ground too easily for my liking. And the Cameroon player knew he was going to get booked for it.
    Asamoah, as is reported this morning was very disappointing.
    I think the overall picture from the friendlies, is that the German national team is heading in the right direction, especially as it is difficult to guage progress from friendles.

Finally. The goalkeeping issue needs to be settled. Hildebrand needs to be given a chance, as it is still a year and a half away, and cannot rely on Lehmann or Kahn for the time being before the big event.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    As Frankfurt Blue mentioned, Germany played ok... nothing more. Cameroon were absolutely pathetic, did they know it was a football match? I think their team needs to go to an anger management course, constantly becoming unruley to the German players by pushing them after the whistle had been blown. What about that incident between Metommo and Et'o having a verbal argument then Metommo slapping Et'os arm away because he wasn't allowed to stand in the wall for the German freekick. Very funny stuff, I enjoyed the German players subtly provoking the Cameroon players... was very humourous.
    Cameroon really could have lost this match at least 5-0 if it weren't for the fact that Germany needed so many chances to score.
    Schweinsteiger had great energy but was very inconsistent in the game, he would do some nice step over moves to get past players and moments later give the ball away by a miss-pass.
    Overall an effective display by Germany, but they are still missing something.

Huth eventhough will little to do, impressed me. Imagine if Huth and Mertesacker were starting central backs for Germany... these guys are giants.

and what is with the damn kit!!! I swear I thought I was watching England, might as well change the away kit to Orange and pretend we're Holland.

11. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  12. KarlMai

KarlMai Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Witzenhausen/Germany
    Club:
    FF USV Jena
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree wholeheartedly with both comments.

@Gregoriak:

I missed the first 30 minutes...was Schweinsteiger good there? In the rest of the game, he had many bad passes and lost the ball by making the wrong decision or waiting too long. I have to side with the Kicker review: "rotated a lot in midfield, was dangerous as distributor with long and short passes. Often looking for the risky pass, which meant that he had also many easy mis-passes or giveaways by keeping the ball long to himself. Most important Anspelstation, though." That's pretty accurate, from what I saw.

That's okay, but it wasn't better than the other midfielders. Far from "brilliant", if Soccernet says so...

??? I imagined already yesterday that Huth and Mertesacker were starting and were central backs... actually I had that impression for the whole game. What did I miss? ;)

Or what's there to imagine, wasn't that reality already yesterday?

The kit... *yawn* I have expressed my sentiments often enough about that, so these are my final words: If we always win 3-0 with it, I would wear ANY kit! Fine by me, and now let's move on to something more important.

It's great that we have no bigger problems right now than this ;)

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

I meant in the long run, those two only started together because Wörns was injured.

Anyways a nice read at soccernet about Germany for anyone that is interested.