Dest all games PBP thread

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by bungadiri, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Memphis makes the penalty, 3-2 / 4-3 aggregate.

2. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Full time. Mark your calendars for Timmy Chandler in the Europa semis.

jnielsen and Gorky repped this.
  3. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    First start in over a month for Dest. Alves and Mingueza on the bench in case 90 minutes seems like too much for him tonight. Pretty close to a first choice squad overall.

jnielsen and Winoman repped this.
  4. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Dest is the right back in a 4-3-3, it appears early.

Winoman repped this.
  5. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Cadiz pressing so high on a Barca goal kick that one ter Stegen pass breaks two lines and starts a counter. That game plan may surprise Barcelona, but I'd be thrilled with it if I were them.

Interestingly, we get to have a La Liga commentating team crap on Zack Steffen out of nowhere. We've made it as a footballing nation.

superdave and Gorky repped this.
  6. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Zero chemsitry between Dembele and Dest so far on the right. Dembele playing heels on the touchline, so Dest is pinching in, but Dembele has yet to hit anyone in stride with a pass. However, he also created their best chance of the match almost singlehandedly, so we take the good with the bad.

Dest steal that doubles as a pass into space to Dembele to start a counter. But he dribbles into trouble and has to retreat.

7. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Dest turnover on the dribble as he turns away from one man into one he didn't see coming.

8. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Dest feeds Dembele down the wing, who slaloms a little bit to cut back onto his left foot, beating Espino so badly that Espino blames his shoes. Don't blame the shoes, brother.

9. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Ferran has been terrible. I'd be warming up PEA and/or Adama Traore already.

10. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Dest and Dembele finally work a good 1-2, and Dest's cross is blocked out for a corner. Memphis was wide open, but also flat on his back 10 yards from goal feigning injury.

11. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Perez receives a cross as Dest tries to chase him down after the central defenders ignore him - makes contact but correctly deemed clean, I think, while Perez misses the shot high and wide.

12. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Dest cross right to the keeper. They haven't looked all that likely to score on crosses with only Memphis there to finish them, usually.

13. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Dest nice 1-2 with Dembele, followed by a dribbling run down to the corner of the box. Set up a good attack.

Winoman and Bajoro repped this.
  14. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Halftime. 77-23% possession, Cadiz only one shot. But 0-0 and Barca have looked uncertain in the final third. Expect offensive subs right away or at minute 60. I think Dest will stay in unless/until they take a lead, but is then a candidate to come off. He has been average in the context of Barca today, with Memphis and Ferran the ones probably catching the blame as the fans and coaches look at the half.

15. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Cadiz go up 1-0 - Cross in forces two point blank saves from ter Stegen, but Lucas Perez finishes the rebound on the third attempt. Dest guarding someone uninvolved out wide.

16. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Great run from Dest - burns Espino on the dribble, slides it in to de Jong, who backpasses to Dembele, who puts yet another one well off frame.

TimB4Last repped this.
  17. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Again nice work between Dembele and Dest that ends when they try to pass to Memphis or Ferran. It. is. time. for. the. other. attackers.

18. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Violent check takes down Dest. Arguably should have been a drawn yellow, but at least a dangerous wide free kick drawn.

19. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Barcelona really getting the tougher end of the refereeing - Ferran just got flattened outside the box by Fali, who was making no play on the ball at all. And then gives someone on the bench a dissent card. Not impressed. But Aubameyang is coming on, I think.

20. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Dest interception and good square pass, again foiled by the next guy's pass.

21. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Good slide tackle steal by Dest, where he retains possession. Trying to be impactful.

22. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Dest given a yellow - a crap call. Both players sliding in, Dest pulls out of the tackle. Ridiculous.

23. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Subs, and I think Barca have again gone to a back 3 with Dest on the right.

24. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Mingueza coming on for Dest in the 94th minute, in an effort to preserve the 1-0 loss.

25. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Full time. Dest played pretty well, probably subbed super late as they could tell he was tired. I'd assume a decent amount of rotation for the next match on Thursday, and that could well include sitting Dest, though he wasn't the problem today.

jnielsen, TimB4Last and JWMissoula repped this.