Desperate Firefox fanboys going for a campaign with a condom

Discussion in 'Technology' started by noaihmtch, Apr 20, 2005.

1. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    Here's some more

[​IMG]

2. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    This for Firefox users

[​IMG]

Don't worry you're protected!! hahahahahhaaghahahga :D :D :D

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:confused: Maybe this makes sense in your fantasy land, but in the real word, all i'm seeing is "click here now"

And even your bed buddy Bill Gates apparently likes tabs so much that IE 7.0 will have them.

(he finally has what the other browers have, just a few years behind.)

4. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I seriously doubt this is your screen shot. If Bill Gates gets you wet, then why would you have a Mac?

Boy, you really ARE confused.... Windows and Mac.

5. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, it PREVENTS POPUPS.

Something which IE cannot do by itself.

Period.

Download firefox with no additional popup blocker, and you've already blocked more popups then IE ever could.

6. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

You smell that? Fear.

7. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This article is a little bit dated, but if it happened once...

A security flaw that had been fixed in older versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer has reappeared in the latest version of the browser software.

Security company Secunia issued a bulletin warning of the flaw in versions 5.01, 5.5 and 6.0 of Internet Explorer (IE). The problem had been fixed six years ago, when it appeared in versions 3.0 and 4.0 of the IE browser.

(problem was fixed in 1998! Or so they thought.)

Microsoft has been plagued by a recent spate of IE vulnerabilities. The latest attack was reported Tuesday. Through a flaw in IE, victims can pick up a program through a pop-up ad that is used to read keystrokes and steal passwords when people visit any of nearly 50 banking sites.

(Fx blocks those same popups)

Vulnerabilities in IE have become so common that some security researchers are recommending that people adopt alternate browsers. The U.S. Computer Emergency Response Team, the official U.S. body responsible for defending against online threats, also advised security administrators to consider moving to a non-Microsoft browser among six possible responses.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5253112.html

--------

Microsoft's Toulouse said Internet Explorer users could harden the software against such attacks by following instructions on the company's site. Other browsers available on Windows, such as Opera and Mozilla, do not contain the flaws.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5229707.html?tag=nl

8. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I could ask Bill Gates one question,

"Bill, your computer has been known to get viruses, spyware, ad-ware, etc. You've released countless updates, service packs, etc. in order to combat this growing epidemic. Meanwhile, your competitor *points to Mac* has no viruses, or anything similar. Do you have anything to say about this situation?"

Although, in his defense, I did read an article saying that due to the growing popularity of macs, Norton and others are starting to recognize the need to protect them. (I'll leave this comment up to the experts though.)
    Just so you all know i'm on the level about the article.

But it is entirely true though, that while this possibility may exist (or perhaps Norton is looking for a quick buck), in 8-10 years, who knows what the future of Mac will be. It could very well possibly happen, or the possibility may never exist, even 30 years from now.

9. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    blah blah blah.. not worth reading all those craps. :rolleyes: Off to bed. Keep whinning.

10. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "all those craps" Did we fly to Las Vegas all of a sudden?

And yeah, Fx will keep winning. Thanks for admitting.

11. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Microsoft I.E was a nightmare .
    I was plagued with spyware ,browser crashes and a variety of other problems.
    Glad its gone.

12. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    Geez you bunch of Firefox zealots, stop neg repping me for telling the truth. Please learn to simply accept the fact and move on... :(

13. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    now whos whining. haha.

there are better things to whine about then rep, like your unsecured browser called IE that provides you with great vulnerabilities and awesome ease of use and installation of great 3rd party software such as gaim and ads, etc.

14. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    I am not whinning. I was just passing judgement on their childish behavior. Grow up!! :mad:

[​IMG]

15. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yes you are whining. and you were complaining of others whining, now you whining cuz their neg repping you. And they are doing it because you are posting idiotic BS.

grow up. Next thing you know youll start up an AOL rocks Thread

16. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    not only is IE ass, but so is service pack 2

mozilla hands down

17. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah. Let's see:

IE fanboy - Posting M$ related pictures and other stuff.
    Fx fanboys - Posting news articles.

Got any actual NEWS articles about IE being a good browser??

eh?? I got all day.

18. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    news articles have credit only if they come out clean. now let's see..

You don't get much credit from wrinkled paper

Problem is not problem if you start thinking it's not hence this is not really a problem. Anti-MS weasels are just trying to make a big deal out of a tiny thing that nobody really cares. They always act like this. Being always so behind from their superior counterpart (MS) makes them desperate and ugly. This stupid firefox condom campaign is a very good example of their true nature. Are they going to show off the condoms in front of kids under 12 and ask them to use Firefox and have safe sex? Shame shame. Desperate inferior weasels absolutely have 0 pride.

Meaning that Fx doesn't give us freedom of choice. Everyone is entitled to click whatever they want. Leave the justice part to police. Microsoft did the right thing.

This does not give any credit. Rather this is just a madeup story. How can you tell The U.S. Emergency Response Team's making a fair judgement? Just because they are official U.S. body doesn't mean theu hold truth. Can you trust all the lawers and law enforcement are good and honest? How can you tell they are not bribed? How can you tell security researchers are not tying with minnows like opera and mozilla in order to make MS look bad?

You have presented 0 evidence so far that Firefox is better than IE. Now watch this. Does Firefox have a cool logo like this? I doubt it.

[​IMG]

19. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Says the man who refuses to post anything other than random crap spewed out of his ass and large "e" pictures.

You don't have any credit at all.

Fx has 46 million downloads. To get that number from a legit source, and to get "tiny thing that nobody really cares" from a banned member of a website (illegimate source)... hmm.. I wonder which one i'm going to believe.

Remember 1999? The United State government found Microsoft to be a monopoly. Now let's talk about "freedom of choice."

We all have presented news articles, information from the United States government, etc. All you have done is spewn from your ass, and posted big logos. I'm waiting for news saying that IE is a better browser.

Oh look, I can do this too:

[​IMG]

Hama -- Show me your news sites NOW, or they don't exist. Unless you get banned again. In that case, take it as your sign to leave and don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

20. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mods, i'm done with the ReturnOfPremiumUltraSuperHamatachi. Anytime you'd like to IP ban him, feel free.

21. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly though, I have to wonder. Has IE ever come up with any real innovation at all? Seems like the only reason anyone uses it is because its bundled with Windows, and as more newbies bought computers, they just used whatever was right there in front of their faces. Sorry but I just can't think of anything they've ever done with IE that made anyone say, "hey, that's a cool feature". I'm not even much for MS-hating, but IE is just so... bare-bones.

22. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm using Opera right now, it's not that bad but hasn't impressed me yet...

23. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yep. A new computer user buys a Dell, HP, Compaq, whatever, and voila! It already has IE on it.

Of course, this is what brings you antitrust lawsuits, etc., but Bill Gates eventually found that out.

And you'd think they'd be a little more agressive with the upgrades, but for the last 2 years, all i've downloaded are random security upgrades and various patches.

They could have gone...
    6.0 Basic
    6.1 Welcome to tabbed browsing
    6.2 (or 6.1.1) Switch two tabs around (move left tab to the right side, etc.)

And so forth. But instead, IE chose to remain at 6.0 until the bitter end, when they were basically forced (due to competition) to release a new browser a year in advance of their new OS, which is something they didn't want.

24. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He either grabed that picture from somewhere on the net, or he's a closet Red Hat Linux user. That screen shot is of Red Hat Linux running the Gnome desktop environment, with the Bluecurve theme. I recognized the Bluecurve icons immediately.

So he is nothing but a troller trying to get us to respond. Ignore him. And the mods should IP block him. He's adding nothing to BigSoccer.

25. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, earlier he posted a picture of a desktop with both Windows and Mac setup. Who knows what this guy's story is?