Desperate BSSM Assault Continues

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Bill Archer, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Day four: report from the front lines of the culture war.

As the unrelenting attacks on an innocent target continue, Bill Archer has sworn to hold out like George Thomas at Chattanooga. Like Wainright on Bataan. Like the Templars on Malta.

Come on, ye foul Bastards of BSSM. Give me your worst. They'll be hauling in replacement rep by moose sledge across the frozen Volga as you send to Bavaria for your greatest sniper.

As John Paul Jones said on the deck of the sinking Bon Homme Richard I have not yet begun to fight.

"You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime"

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

2. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Since you are gonna start a new thread every day complaining that you aren't popular instead of just ignoring these folks like you should, I'll leave it open and ask everyone to please not reply.

3. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since you're leaving this open, so I can stand like Stanislaus at Vienna against the hordes of unbelievers, or like Charles Martel at Tours y Poitiers against the Saracens, then let me just add you to the long list of people who choose to misconstrue the point:

Namely, that the BSSM crowd chose to take offense at a joke I made (not on their little playground, but here in "Suggestions"), reposted it in their little sandbox and have proceeded to leave me obscene messages ever since.

Not being popular with the Heathers has never been a problem with me. Having buttwads slide nasty insults under the door and run, however, is another issue.

So now, when I choose to make a point of it, somehow it's MY fault? That's surely a stretch, Huss old chum. Maybe I'll arrange to have a bunch of people leave YOU obscene little notes every hour for a few days and we'll see if YOU just "ignore it"

They started it, bud, and it'll stop when they stop abusing the little kleenex wads they've collected up by stroking each other.

Which I don't think the little darlings can do.

4. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok - here's my opinion of this rep business. It's a way for folks to provoke and insult others on the board in private. Couldn't that be handled just as well by pms?

5. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Bill i've already told you that if you are getting obscene notes to notify the supermods and they will be carded for violating teh tos. rep is not excluded from tos behaviour

6. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bill - you forgot William Travis at the Alamo, Leonidas at Thermopylae, Custer at Little Big Horn.

7. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    God Save Bill Archer! You lot clearly haven't a clue who you're messing with.

8. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My take on rep is that negative rep is a lot more telling than positive rep. (although I still think the Politics forum should be exempt, but I digress...). This originally was supposed to act like an early warning system - "this person is an idiot, tread with caution"

I go down the Member's List, from worst first , and I can't particularly argue with many of the names down there at last check. Bill - as time goes by, it will probably even itself out.

9. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Who cares about rep points? I mean is this the new, "I can't score, but at least I'm a jewel in the rough" tool to repair people's self-esteem?

10. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Come and take them" he told Xerxes. One of the greatest exit lines of all time.

This is a stand for the little guy. The dozens and dozens of people who have tried to hold back the flood of self-awarded "nipples" I'm being assaulted with by giving me thier little ones and twos. Kind of like the children in WWII buying Liberty Stamps with their nickels and dimes to support the men on the front lines against the hordes of the Hun beast.

As the greatest President in a generation has said: "Bring it on!"

Thomas and Nancy:

Contrary to what some people think, I kind of like the "rep" system. Nothing against it at all. But I would like it to actually mean something in the context of BigSOCCER.

And the POINT, if the BSSM people would stop the childish namecalling long enough to pay attention, is that I think that them sitting around in their private forum awarding each other bigger and bigger kudos for swapping sophomoric comments is not what it ought to be about.

What about people like Sandon Mibut? Dave Marino-Nacheson? Kenn Tomasch? The long list of people who make genuine contributions to this board? Aren't THEY the ones whose contributions should be recognized by a system like this?

Hell, there are people around now with huge rep lines who I've never EVER seen make a single soccer comment, or darn few. And stupid ones at that.

So even when the real contributors finally get enough props, as Thomas points out they surely will, it won't mean a damned thing if all they're doing is catching up with idiots who contribute nothing.

It's not about me. As I just said in a PM to someone, if I gave a damn about what people thought about me, I'd have become a liberal and a DC fan a long time ago.

11. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bill Clinton?

:D

I think that quote was directed at Monica Lewinsky though.

:D

12. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    well said

13. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    BSSM: Star-bellied sneetches

Bill Archer: Plain-bellied sneetch

Huss: Sylvester McMonkey McBean

14. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who knew the Suggestions and Announcements forum could be so much fun?

15. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'll pay the $30 - or even the $14.99 if you just bring back Zorak!

[​IMG]

16. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I did. I've been trolling this forum for a good couple of years.

17. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    People who are receiving rep points based on nothing will be sad to find those rep points regularly dissapearing. Let's have some faith kids.

18. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Bill Archer is one of the main reasons I frequent this forum. I may not share his worldview and he scares me from time to time, but he sure is entertaining.

I approve of the reputation system, if only for bringing out the best in Bill (and his deputy Andy). Here, I award a green nipple to the reputation system!

19. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    Huss, that seems somewhat subjective.

I get positive Rep points where I post because I just happen to get along with the people who inhabit that forum. Are those going to be removed?

If you are going to have the system, then have someone arbitrarily edit "nipples" (because that person does not think they DESERVE that many nipples, when why have the Rep system to begin with?

I think you just made an argument for the abolishment of the Reputation system, Huss.

20. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you'll need something else to bitch about for the hell of it, so you should be thanking Jesse.

21. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    Trust me, if I was really that way, you'd be hearing from me a lot more. I keep my mouth shut a lot more than you might think.

Unfortunately, you have the wrong perception of me, as do most people.

22. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'm gonna turn off the rep point system tonight. You wanna complain about that? If the rep system doesn't do what it's intended to do, that's what's gonna happen. I don't often agree with Bill but the point is to show who makes a valuable soccer contribution. All rep given in NSR forums will be deleted from the DB and future rep from those forums won't count. Or perhaps you'll all voluntarily stop the games. Or I'll turn it off. Don't matter to me. I have 1million rep points!

23. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    Wow.

Are you going to disable rep given in "Premium" forums as well?

24. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Cool. I wouldn't mind losing a few points, actually. I hate how the sixth and subsequent nipples are a lighter shade of green, totally screws up the symmetry.

25. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best.
    Post.
    Ever.

Except the rubbing it in part. I liked you better when you weren't at the top of the list. :D