Designer/fashion equipment

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by JoeYorkshire86, Sep 5, 2006.

1. JoeYorkshire86

May 1, 2006
    Ah yes, the scourge of all real footballers.

Anywho, what bits of fashion or designer equipment are out there, perhaps even stuff that isn't really for heavy duty use?

I know of the Bikkembergs football boot and subsequent kits, there's the Paul Smith Limited Edition football. The Pullover blog shows vintage Hummel football boots that may be in production for 2007.

Pantofalo d'Oro aren't designer as such but they have a couple of vintage brown leather boots circa 1920 or something equally steel-capped.

An honourable mention for "classic" boots such as Copa Mundiale or Puma Kings, but I wouldn't want this thread leaning towards the classic boot angle.

Anything else I've missed?

2. galaxybg

galaxybg BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 28, 2003
    southern ca
  3. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Puma collaborates with artists to create limited edition footballs
    Evisu did some boot awhile back, but it was fugly (think it was Puma)

Adidas x Y3 (Yohji Yamamoto) - some casual football inspired trainers/clothing

Umbro x Kim Jones - see above

Nike Air Zoom FC (from the SB branch)

Nike x FCRB (Japan Exclusive) - mostly clothing

That's what I can think off the top of my head. Most Asian markets get different products like when I went to the Philippines they had these Puma football inspired trainers that I regret not buying. Off topic, but Japan has all the insane, exclusive boots (not designer/fashion) that never will be released internationally.

Also this

http://www.dexigner.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5658

4. JoeYorkshire86

May 1, 2006
    Some interesting stuff there.

With regards to the limited edition Japanese stuff, is there any website to keep tabs on what has been released, or maybe a Japanese site to buy them?

And are there sites where you could find out the most up-to-date collaborations with designers like you mentioned above?

5. Sneakerhead

Sneakerhead New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    triads.co.uk is quite good, will definitely find most of that there!