DeRo traded to TFC

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by ShoelessMan, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Wait, I know this one... I think the allocation went back to SJ for Kamara.

2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has DeRo turned up anywhere to comment on this since the trade happened? I've haven't looked real hard but it doesn't appear TFC had done a press conference or anything else. The only comment I have seen or heard was his email to Glenn Davis that Glenn read on his show.

This still feels strange, like there is something else going on behind the scenes with contracts or salaries. The Dynamo had a press conference for the Boswell trade last year and DeRo probably rates several levels above that on the impact scale and it doesn't look like anyone has even gotten an firsthand quote from the guy - just seems very odd.

3. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I know that you opened with "I'm not Gay" but that is really, really gay. haha....Forgiveness! Even if, Even if, you don't love me anymore!...hahaha...Seriously video and photo editing - A+, song selection F. JK...anytime someone puts something like that together they should be applauded for their energy/effort.

Regardless, I think that DeRo is (more than other Dynamo players) a more quiet/shy type of guy. So I am not surprised in the slightest at his quiet exodus.

4. OneTerryHurlock

Aug 24, 2006
    he's a judas, does not deserve any more of our thought or time

concerntrate on the players that might win us a championship not some toronto poser

5. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He may have but if he did, I missed it. I heard that Toronto was close to signing a DP and that they'd have a joint press conference introducing them both. I'm not sure why they felt that DeRo wasn't important enough to have a press conference of his own but whatever.

6. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    If DeRo was hot and lathered to go back home as some claim, why didn't he hop on the first plane out of that island or beach or wherever he's at and run right into BMO Field once he heard he had gotten his "wish"??
    Maybe he got blindsided by the move, maybe nobody informed him 'til after Canetti started spilling the beans.

Telling the Franchise player of your club that he's worth a second year bench defender and some allocation money for all his great effort is a slap on the man's face. and I'll never forgive Canetti for this bullcaca.

7. camicia arancione

Jan 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't he going to be on Glenn's show this week? I thought I read that...

8. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    TONIGHT !!!:)

I think, please standby....

p.s.

Awe shucks, it's Wed.

I guess I'm either going to have to listen to the "Bad Asses" or go watch Pachuca at Roberston, and it's cold out there !!!

9. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    see below. Canetti is on tonight on 1560am. if you can't get the signal in the 'burbs then try the webcam option. most people hear/watch the show in that manner. plus you get to hear me call-in from Robertson tonight and complain about how cold it is.......soccer should never be played when it's under 75 degrees. :D

10. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would you want to leave a top-notch team that can win championships just so you can join an expansion side that set records for idiocy?

At least now it's been a couple years so theoretically they should be competitive with, say, Dallas now.

11. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have Brujo's cell # if anyone wants to leave a cool message of thanks.

12. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DeRO es Irie!
    He went to Toronto for his sacrament, Jah Rules!
    [​IMG]

13. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone linked to the below in the TFC forum - I understand if he wants to play his cards and leverage into a better deal when the opportunity arises but this would be two contract "issues" with the team that holds his rights in the last 20 months. You have to wonder if the Dynamo FO thought these issues may arise and looked at the deal as addition thru subtraction

http://24thminute.blogspot.com/2009/01/is-dero-worth-schelotto.html

14. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh...interesting. No idea how valid it is but that's interesting nonetheless.

15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In fairness, that site has an earlier post claiming that everything was fine with DeRo and it would be a bump to $400k and no worries but now it seems different. I have zero idea if it is a reliable site for inside news or not.

Yes, he is no longer our player (and my DeRo jersey from 2006 is now relatively useless to wear) but the way this deal went down and the radio silence on it from all parties makes me think there was a larger issue here at work and wasn't just a simple decision on how to improve the roster. It's interesting to the extent it reflects on how the Dynamo FO operates proactively and that the deal may not turn out to be as lopsided as it would appear on paper if he ends up with $600k per year.

16. SweetOwnGoal

SweetOwnGoal Member

Jan 5, 2003
    11.9986 km from BMO Field
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I'm not pulling stuff from my ass, but I'm only as good as my sources.

Whatever the numbers are it's safe to say that there are "complications" with his contract. That much I am 100 per cent comfortable in saying.

Today, I received even more information on the contract, which I'm trying to verify. Not to be too vague, but if what I was told today is true then it's an "only in MLS" situation.

Duane Rollins - The 24th Minute

17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THanks for your reporting on this. There appears to have been zero reporting on this by anyone after the first few days post-trade so your informatin is appreciated.

The "only in MLS" stuff is always interesting.

18. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Hey, thanks for the news. some people around these parts act like the Mafia and start bad mouthing DeRo with stuff like: "cluck DeRo, he's gone" without realizing that he is a player in the same plane as Beckham, Blanco or Schelotto in that he transcends any particular Club and Country. fans want to know, and me as someone that watched DeRosario for three seasons and enjoyed the way he handled himself off the field want to know.

If I understand the talk on the street correctly, DeRo is trying to renegotiate his contract with Toronto, but the question is: was that part of the deal with the Dynamo?? because it seems that James is a done deal, or is it?? would the deal between Dynamo and Toronto fall through if DeRo doesn't come to an agreement with TFC. or is it out of DeRo's hands and he's just fighting a losing battle.

19. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Considering he's under contract, I'd say this is completely in DeRo's hands.

James is yours.

20. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. If DeRo wants a renegotiated contract, that's between he and TFC. The trade isn't going to be reversed if he can't come to an agreement. Theoretically, Toronto doesn't even have to renegotiate his contract although I'm sure that if they didn't, it would completely kill all the warm fuzzies the organization, the fans, and the player might have.

21. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, I don't undersand this "only in MLS" thing. Could someone please explain?

22. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toronto has it's collective Fingers, Toes and other appendages crossed that this can be worked out and he will take the turf at BMO. Otherwise DeRo goes and plays for a second division team in Germany or someplace, and Trader Mo continues to look as befuddled as a Manager as he did as a Coach.

Of course I am not going to divulge my sources that had a MLS player (or Agent as it was) talking to a certain second division team in a certain Central European Country only to be told that the contract status was "being worked out" and they decided to take another player as a sure thing instead of waiting around for a maybe thing. Maybe it will come out one day and maybe it won't, so we will let it go for now.

23. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a nice message from DeRo to the Houston fans on Glenn Davis' show tonite . . . but it still seemed really strange that he'd give the old farewell message in a taped statement (where the hell is he? Neverland Ranch?) but won't give the TFC PR folks a live quote.

He did imply that he asked Dom to make the deal but given the perceived difficulty that TFC is having getting a contract done with DeRo, I wonder if Mo Johnston had any idea that this would be tough to close out.

24. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....and according to Glenn DeRo will actually be live finally on his show, Tuesday.