Derb County v Reading 5/9/08 [R]

Discussion in 'Reading FC' started by Neeto, May 8, 2008.

1. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here it is, the biggest game of the season. This is obviously a must win game to avoid the drop. We haven't scored in over 500 minutes, but we are playing against the worst team ever to play in the prem. Derby has usually been the 3 point ATM this year, but I think it will be different on Sunday. Derby knows they are going down and they want to give the fans a win on the last game of the season. They also have been scoring some goals while Reading has not. I expect a sloppy game, but it will be an intense game as well. Reading need help from Portsmouth as well in order to have a chance of staying in it. Coppell will surely put out a 4-3-3 to win the game out right. For all of the supporters in the US, the game will be televised on Setanta at 4 eastern. Expected lineup:

----------------------USA------------------
    ---Rosenior----Ivar-----Bikey-------Shorey--
    ---Matejovsky-----Harper--------Hunt-------
    ------Kitson-------Lita------Doyle-----------

CMON URZZZZZ AVOID THE DROP!!!

2. Postmaster

Postmaster Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Poolesville, MD USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. rms5555

rms5555 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Eastpointe, MI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't watch, or follow online Sunday due to mothers day commitments. Thank the lord for small favors, I thinl it would kill me to sit through 90 minutes of this match. At least this way I can just read the scores real quick and be happy or sad and be done.

4. Katsbox

Katsbox New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    LBC
    Neeto - thanks for the heads up on the Setanta broadcast! My Dish Network guide still says they are showing the Aston Villa game, but no surprise there... for some reason the Dish guide for Setanta is notoriously late in posting and subject to change.

Still, think I'll tape and listen live. If there's a good outcome, I'll watch later.

I really hope that Coppell doesn't go with a 4-3-3... as Coppell himself has said, Reading are just not good enough to play different formations. I'd like to see our familiar 442, Kits & Lita to start up front, Oster on the right wing, Convey on the bench. And please, I hope that the players have stopped drinking whatever it is that has prevented them from doing well on service during crosses and set pieces. Can I hear for just one game that corners are being whipped into a dangerous area?

Here's hoping for the best!

5. Convey Crew

Convey Crew Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Section 115 PPL Park
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am praying tonight that Reading doesn't get relugated. So if Reading wins tomorrow and Fulham loses were good right? And if Fulham and Reading win we lose by a 6 goal difference?

6. Katsbox

Katsbox New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    LBC
    Reading & Fulham are tied on points, Reading is down 6 on GD. So, realistically, Reading need more points tomorrow than Fulham: a Reading win with a Fulham tie or loss; a Reading tie with a Fulham loss. It is mathematically possible for Reading to avoid relegation if both teams win, but Reading would need to make up that GD, so not really an option. I'll be happy if we can manage to score 1 and keep a clean sheet.

7. lestat2x

lestat2x Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Lets go Royals!!

8. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starting 11:

Hahnemann
    Murty
    Ingimarsson
    Duberry
    Shorey
    Oster
    Harper
    Matejovsky
    Hunt
    Lita
    Kitson

Subs:

Cisse
    Bikey
    Doyle
    Kebe
    Federici

I think it really sucks that Convey isn't even on the bench for this one. Oster is pants as far as I'm concerned and for the life of me I don't know why he keeps getting playing time. Hopefully Matejovsky will help with our possession issues and we'll actually be able to string a few passes together.

9. Katsbox

Katsbox New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    LBC
    Murty in the line up - a complete surprise to me.

10. lestat2x

lestat2x Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Whats even more surprising is that Kebe made the bench. If you want someone who has speed only and no ball control then he's your man. If you want both then you want Convey.

11. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on Reading (and Pompey).

12. Katsbox

Katsbox New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    LBC
    Reading with a good start - lots of possession and 2 half chances so far.

13. Katsbox

Katsbox New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    LBC
    Harper scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Katsbox

Katsbox New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    LBC
    Marek has been dominating in mid field, Lita has been creating problems - and beautiful Harper breaks the goal drought.

C'mon Pompey!!!!!!

16. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-0 Reading... is this a multiple-R thread? Is it ok to discuss other results here?

17. whipsmart13

whipsmart13 New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Fishers IN
    I think today it would be ok to discuss how the other Relegation-related matches are doing.

18. whipsmart13

whipsmart13 New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Fishers IN
  19. Katsbox

Katsbox New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    LBC
    Lita is playing really well - Derby can't handle his speed - but he's not getting the final service he needs.

I want 2 more goals - one for Reading, one for Portsmouth.

20. whipsmart13

whipsmart13 New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Fishers IN
    0-0 at half for Fulham

-As far as our game
    Lita should have a hat trick
    Hunt and Oster suck
    Marek is playing great

21. Katsbox

Katsbox New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    LBC
    0-1 Reading at HT.

Reading dominating across the park. Can these results around the Prem stand another 45??

22. Katsbox

Katsbox New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    LBC
    From the Fulham thread, it sounds like Pompey have had the better of the play and completely solid in the back.

Ack!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand the suspense.

And the second half starts.

23. Katsbox

Katsbox New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    LBC
    Derby with 2 changes:

Derby substitution: Mile Sterjovski replaced by Marc Edworthy (tactical).Derby substitution: Robbie Savage replaced by Benny Feilhaber (tactical).

24. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Birmingham 1-1 Blackburn.

25. Katsbox

Katsbox New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    LBC
    Reading are having some trouble getting started 2nd half.

Elsewhere, Blackburn equalize 1-1 with Birm