Dept. of Defense - Garage sale on Bio Equipment

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Norsk Troll, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ
    Now that Kay is downgrading the Iraqi looming-threat-of-biological-weapons-deployed-within-45- minutes to a mere "Well, we know they intended to make some ... some day ..."

Isn't it ironic that the US Department of Defense, as late as last month, was selling their excess inventory of some of the very equipment necessary to start-up a biological program ("biological equipment items and related protective clothing necessary to produce and disseminate biological warfare agents") ... over the internet ... to anyone ... at discounts up to 90% off retail?

http://us.cnn.com/2003/US/10/06/gao.pentagon/index.html

2. Sardinia

Sardinia New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Sardinia, Italy, EU
    It is simply unbelievable and unberable. :rolleyes:

3. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    Seeing as the Department of Defense does background checks on translators with a Magic 8 Ball and lets guys into the Marines with fake ID's bought for $50 at Macarthur Park; the government is the last entity you want owning potentially dangerous equipment.

4. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Off the top of my head, I can think of at least five entities I would like having dangerous equipment less than the government.

5. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    True enough. It would suck if Al Qaeda got a hold of some of this stuff, made a bomb; and killed us all.

But seeing as the federal government is now using Ouija boards to determine security clearances; an al Qaeda operative could buy a fake ID in Macarthur Park for $50, go to work for the government, make the same bomb and kill us all anyway.