DEPORTIVO SAPRISSA - World cup of clubs 2005 [R]

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by romero09, Aug 2, 2005.

1. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to Saprissa! I enjoyed watching them in KC back in March. :cool:

2. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Saprissa won the 3rd place in the CWC, nobody is saying we are the 3 best in the world, that's silly....
    FYI Saprissa was invited to the Sudamericana this year, and we accepted gladly, but CONCACAF did not let us participate, they said that we already got our prize: the CWC, so they took the "smart" decision of sending DC, who lost in their first round... anyway i did not want to see a Saprissa-Ucatolica game, cause i like both teams.

3. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    Where are these teams in CONCACAF of which you speak? Saprissa had to win the CONCACAF Club Championship to advance to the Club World Cup.

Yes, it does defy logic to call Saprissa tyhe 3rd best team in the world. But remember, there is a tiny minded man named Blatter beghind this tournament, so we must all agree that Saprissa, as far as this tournament has shown, is the 3rd best team in the world.

End of story.

4. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    he is referring to teams like america, chivas, cruz azul, toluca, tigres, necaxa, and pachuca

5. tico_sapri

tico_sapri New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Toronto
    Too bad they wernt visible wen it came down for the cup :cool:

6. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  7. tico_sapri

tico_sapri New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Toronto
    CONCACAF champions cup

8. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i know. but next year is a new year. and 2 of the 4 greatest mexican clubs are particpating. i am really looking forward to next years edition

9. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Oh, thanks for bringing that choke job up. Watching the Santiago leg of that matchup was like watching a slow car crash. You just had to do it to make my day, huh? :D

Saprissa did very well. The Liverpool loss was a tough one, but all in all, Saprissa repesented the region very, very well and should be very proud.

10. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    Next year IS a new year, and no one is claiming anything about Saprissa next year.

Good luck next year, don't forget, the greatest Mexican teams, still need to figure out someway to beat Alajuela and Saprissa, other than using smog and altitude sickness. ;)