Deportivo la Coruna [R]

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    It surprises me that there is not a "Galician" forum from before. They've had Celta in 1st for years, and they have a lot of supporters abroad, specially in the US and South America. They'd probably get more traffic than the Andalucia forum (which is mine too, leave that one alone :) ). I'd definitely make one, it can't go wrong.

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Revenge Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We drew Liverpool, AS Monaco, and Olympiakos Piraeus for the first round of the group stage. This is a very difficult draw. Liverpool is very talented, Monaco of course were the finalists a year ago and whipped us pretty good and Greek clubs are always tough. But this is the moment I've been waiting for since getting smacked 3-8 in Monaco in November. I want revenge. And what better revenge would there be, then by knocking Monaco out of the competition? 1st or 2nd is very possible in this group, but so is 4th place, so let's play our best.

3. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    According to the International Depor Website and the Offical Deportivo website
    Link

This means they (Momo and Ruben) should get 1st team experience and come back to la Coruña better than when they left. This also means we should be buying players in the near future. D'Alessandro could be signed at any moment, but they are probalby waiting until after the Olypmics to make it final.

4. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I think Depor goes through. Hopefully they play Liverpool early since I believe pool will take a while to gel. They didn't look that good in the 2 games I've seen thus far. Monaco is now Morientes-less and Giuly-less. I am not up to date so I don't know who else they loss. I don't know anything about what the Greek team did this summer in terms of transfers, I will have to check.

I think getting D'Alessandro will make a BIG difference. It will be interesting to see what kind of formation Depor would use with his addition.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Monaco also lost Jerome Rothen, so they could be hurting a bit.

Did Depor sign D'Alessandro from Wolfsburg?

6. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Not yet...but rumours are flying that it could be very close.

7. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Didn't they also lose Evra? I know this isn't the same Monaco team that spanked us, but losing 3-8 just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think the guy who scored all the goals against us that night is gone to Scotland.

No Depor hasn't signed D'Alessandro, yet. It sounds like we are getting pretty close though. D'Alessandro said he'd love to play in Spain and Deportivo were a good club, all the right things when one is about to move. He also said he knows nothing since he's been playing for Argentina this summer.

REALFOREVER, I hope you're right about us going through. Last year we were the favorites in the group and we had to fight it out for 2nd place.

8. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I don't think Depor can finish lower than 2nd...and I would be surprised if they don't take the 1st spot. They should at least split the Liverpool games.

9. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the idea of having an all-encompassing Galicia forum, similar to those of the Andalucia and Basque Country.

I'll put in the request and we'll see how long it takes.

10. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    It didn't take too long...its up.

11. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that being so, this excellent thread can now rest in peace.