Deportivo la Coruna [R]

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I have heard the name of Javier Mascherano rumored to come to us, but I hear we'd have to pay as much as 10 million euros. Which is funny we couldn't find any money for Maniche, but Mascherano we can? I hope the story is true and he'll be making his way to Depor.

2. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    Here's something pretty new. I think Porto is looking for 10M for Maniche, but Mascherano comes cheaper:

"But Chelsea's raids on the Portuguese champions have left them able to demand at least £10 million for the player. Wenger is reluctant to pay more than £8 million and may look to Argentina's emerging midfielder, Javier Mascherano.
    England international Owen Hargreaves is keen on a move to the Premiership from Bayern Munich, while Valencia's Ruben Baraja and David Albelda, as well as Stephen Appiah, who is on loan at Juventus from Brescia, could also interest Arsenal.

Wenger has already signed one future defensive midfielder in France's Mathieu Flamini, but Marseille have insisted there is a problem over the Gunners' raid and could call in Fifa to adjudicate."

3. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    Piss me off. Looks like Arsenal is getting more serious about Mascherano now. The last sentence in that link doesn't sound good. Arsenal has offered to River (not Boca as I typed incorrectly in my previous post) more than Deportivo wants to pony up. On top of that, I've read in a couple other places now that Mascherano is more interested in Arsenal than Depor anyway.

Oh well.

4. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    That pisses me off too. Once again we are going to stand by because won't spend the money to buy someone. I hope this situation with the stadium gets resolved soon, other wise our club is going to be in trouble when Fran and Mauro Silva retire and we have no one to replace them. Our squad is already getting pretty thin as it is. Now we can't afford to let Luque go.

5. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    According to Marca, Naybet has been sold to Tottenham for a fee of €1 million. Kind of sad to see him go as he'll leave a big hole in our central defense. Obviously Andrade will be in the middle but who will his partner be? The choices include Cesar, Pablo Amo, Hector and Romero. But Romero is more suited for left back. Cesar's the iddiot that got the penalty kick against us against Porto in the Champions League. Pablo Amo lacks experience, and Hector is usually in Jabo's dog house. Which means we'll probably have to sign someone to replace Naybet.

Of course tomorrows match against FC Shelbourne gives us an interesting problem. That is, do we play Luque or not? If we play him, he become ineligible to play for any other club in Europe (Barca). However, do we risk keeping him out of the match, when he scored so many winners last season for us? I say let him play, if Barcelona truly wanted him, they should have bought him a long time ago.

6. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Looks like TV Galicia is broadcasting the match today. They showed last year against Rosenborg too. I watched part of the match last year, the buffering time was really poor, but I still got a feel for the match.

Live via Internet:
    ----------------------------------------------
    TV Galicia - Broadband - http://www.crtvg.es/asfroot/television.asx
    TV Galicia - Modem - http://www.crtvg.es/reals/gal_tv.ram

from International Depor Website.

7. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    0-0 FT Shelbourne - Depor.

Okay while this isn't a great result, it's not a bad result. Let's not forget that we had the same scoreline with Rosenborg last year. Plus only one club scored on us at la Riazor during the Champions League last season and that was a penalty kick. The one thing I'm worried about is Molina whom went off the pitch with an injury. I hope he's ok. Munua played well though.

8. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    0-0 Shelbourne - Depor

MATCH STATISTICS:
    Shelbourne: Williams - Heary, Harris, Rogers, Crawley - Jason Byrne, Moore, Houlihan, Stuart Byrne, Cahill - Fitzpatrick (62’ Ndo)
    Deportivo: Molina (41’ Munúa) - Manuel Pablo, César Martín, Jorge Andrade, Romero - Luque (79’ Munitis), Sergio (66’ Duscher), Mauro Silva, Víctor Sánchez, Valerón – Pandiani
    Referee: Michal Benes (Czech Republic). Showed yellow cards to Heary, Cahill (Shelbourne), Sergio and Pandiani (Deportivo).
    Attendance: 26,000 (Landsdowne Road)

from International Depor Website

Return leg is the Tuesday, 24 August.

I read so many rumours on the International Depor Website today. Naybet is offically gone. We're looking to sign a central defender now. And we maybe in for a surprise move (assuming we qualify for the next round of the Champions League). Luque is staying now that he's Cup tied to Depor and Barca just signed Eto'o.

www.deportivo-la-coruna.com

9. SiempreDepor

SiempreDepor New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Sweden
    Hello all Depor fans around the world! :)
    I'm new here but I know you DSC ;) (Can you guess who I am?? :))

Anyway... I hope to see Depor qualified for CL, it would be a big scandal otherwise.

10. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Welcome SiempreDepor (forgive me I was on vacation, that's why the greeting is so late). Of course I know who you are (quickly checks the International Depor Forum to confirm). Ah yes, same birthday, from Sweden, this has to be you. Glad to see you've found this place. As you can see we don't have too many Depor supporters here, but it still is quite nice. I also mainly just use information I get off the site (always giving it credit). But feel free to add anything you'd like.

Did we sign anyone while I was gone, I'm way out of the loop.

11. SiempreDepor

SiempreDepor New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Sweden

Oh yeah, this place seems to be very nice. I've already joined some interesting discussions. It's always nice to talk to other fans!
    Yeah, too bad there aren't so many Depor fans here, but we can defend Depor on ourselves the few of us that are here I think. :)

Nope, we haven't signed anyone yet. It's said that Lendoiro will wait til we've qualified for CL to make any changes in the squad.

12. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    welcome sueco.

13. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Tomorrow's the big day. The return leg of Deportivo and Shelbourne. Only Tristan is out, because I think of injury and of course Naybet is gone :(. While I'm worried, I still think we should be able to win the tie. Even though we have far more experience, one Shelbourne goal and we will be in trouble. I just hope we don't play overly defensive. We're at our best when we flat out attack like against Milan. Or even if we play defensive it isn't the shell we were in against FC Porto.

14. obernunes

obernunes New Member

Feb 16, 2004
    California
    Hi all. I have to say I'm relatively new to Deportivo as well. For awhile I thought supporting Barça was the option to oppose Real Madrid (though Deport, Athletic and many others were always in the back of my mind). While I love Ronaldinho, I have much more respect for what Deport has done with much less resources. Last year they knocked off Juventus, Milan and Real Madrid. Can anyone else claim that?

I have one problem. Where can I get more news on Deport? I regularly check out Marca.com, but that's all I've found so far.

15. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    www.canaldeportivo.com is the club's official webpage, also www.deportivo-la-coruna.com is a good unofficial page. If you go to marca.com, you can also check out www.as.com.

16. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Welcome :). RandyNA74 pointed out all the good links. Another site I check out is www.soccer-spain.com It doesn't have a lot of Depor information, but every now and then it has some interesting information. Maybe SiempreDepor knows some more.

17. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    3-0 Depor - Shelbourne

We're off to the group stage of the Champions League. Shelbourne held us to a 0-0 half time scoreline, but brilliance from Victor as he picks up a brace. Pandiani cliniches it for us with a brilliant free kick late. Now it looks like we can spend some money on either D'Alessandro or Mascherano (hopefully both).

18. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    DSC then I'd become a huge Depor fan too! they're my favorite argentine players to sign for Barça along Tevez!

19. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mascherano and D'Alessandro would be a dream! Let's shell out some bucks!

20. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
    Yes, it is time to make some signings now that we are going to be getting some Champions League money

21. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Mario as a Depor supporter? :eek: Although it sounds good to me :D.

22. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    3-0 Depor - Shelbourne (3-0 agg.)

MATCH STATISTICS:
    Deportivo: Molina – Romero, César Martín, Jorge Andrade, Manuel Pablo (69’ Lionel Scaloni) – Luque (77’ Munitis), Sergio, Mauro Silva (46’ Duscher), Víctor Sánchez, Valerón – Pandiani
    Shelbourne: Williams - Heary, Harris, Rogers, Crawley - N'do, Moore, Houlahan (69’ Crawford), Stuart Byrne, Cahill - Jason Byrne
    Goals: 59’ Víctor Sánchez 1-0 66’ Víctor Sánchez 2-0 88’ Pandiani 3-0
    Referee: Alain Hamer (Luxembourg). Sent off Shelbourne player Alan Moore in injury-time after his second yellow card, and their coach Pat Fenlon after 75 minutes. Other Shelbourne players booked were Houlahan, Crawley and Stuart Byrne, while Mauro Silva and Sergio (Deportivo) were presented a yellow card too.
    Attendance: 28,000 (Riazor)

from International Depor Website

Also I read that D'Alessandro could be signed any time now. No news on Mascherano, but we can always keep up the hope.

23. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I'll ask again before the Liga season begins... is it time for a Depor Forum of your own? I think it would generate sufficient traffic, fwiw.

Either way, this thread is going to have to be closed (due to length), and in it's place a Volume II thread be opened.

24. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Since this thread will be closed I would like a Depor Forum. I still think we are short a few posters, but I can post enough to hopefully make up the difference. Come on Depor supporters don't hide now we need you all to post.

Thanks Sinko!

25. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would definitely appreciate a Depor forum. Not sure how many users would have to use it in order to make it worthwhile, but I would definitely be there on a regular basis.