Deportivo la Coruña Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Aug 27, 2004.

1. bakhtiar

bakhtiar New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    malaysia
    transfer window is opening soon.....which striker would you prefer to play for depor?

possible candidates so far -uche (recreativo huelva),maxi lopez (barca),rodrigo palacion (boca juniors)

i dont know much about the the other 2 but i think maxi lopez is a great player.he is so much more mobile than tristan is now..

2. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Maxi has never impressed me.
    Uche is the current pichichi for 2nd division with 9 goals. Betis wants him, too, to replace Oliveira.

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    LENDOIRO AND THE RUMOURS ABOUT DUSCHER
    http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/news.php
    Sounds like Duscher is out the door heading to Man Utd....all these players leaving Depor should be lowering the massive debt, right? What is the status on Depor's debt?
    Thanks.

4. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Wow, I've been out of it.........

Anyway, Depor's debt it still high, I'm not sure much has been done about it lately. We actually haven't sold anyone except for Luque right?

I'd hate to see Duscher leave, but if the price is right anyone can be had. Although United's trying to give us a player back with less cash. Maybe Newcastle will pay up?

As for the striker question, I'd like to see Uche come in, but we won't spend the money necessary to do anything. This transfer season will be a lot like other transfer seasons, nothing will happen.

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The debt is still killing us. Last time I saw it was at 130 million Euros.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So how do the Galicians get out of it? Any ideas?

7. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
    Maybe we can change our name to Real Madrid and sell some property to the Spanifg government.
    lol

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    It all goes back to the idea of using homegrown talent from the youth squads. They'll stop spending money on well established players and instead use some of the kids in the youth squads. Once they become established players, they sell them off and make some money, and they continue the cycle until they're out of the debt. It sounds like a good idea but don't expect great league results like in the past. I also don't hope Depor doesn't turn into the Spanish version of Mexico's Atlas, who because of using their youth talent have achieved poor results and is in danger of being relegated.

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think you are completely right. The problem with fielding young players and selling them off is you will alienate the supporters and less money all around. Doesn't look good for Depor.

11. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    You have a point, but think about this. If you field local youth players it'll defenitely make the team appeal more to the local supporters, hence more people in attendance at Riazor, hence more money, and the lowering of the debt. Its possible and a good idea but we just have to watch those results because we don't want to end up in Segunda again.

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  13. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I'll be honest, I don't know Fortune that well. But I don't want any players in the deal for Duscher. Just show us the money! Then we can buy a striker we want and not some reject from United.

14. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Agreed. We have a pretty solid midfield and just need someone up front to finish it up.

And to get a bit off topic, congrats on the modship.

15. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks, goes to show if you have the right connections any thing can happen :D.

16. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE WINTER'S MARKET?
    http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/news.php

Winter Transfer Speculation: equals the near and distant future at The Riazor...should be interesting who comes and goes.

DSC05, Mazel Tov on becoming a mod!
    Why not sticky Depor's transfer thread and the fixture/result thread?
    Thanks and congrats again.

17. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks, but I'm not a mod in this forum :(. Maybe I can talk to the Spanish mods and see what I can do, but since I'm still a newbie mod, I doubt I can help out yet. If anything RandyNA should try apply for being a mod for this forum.

As for the future, I don't believe anything until I see a player wearing the Depor kit and on the pitch. I do hope we can sell some of the people who do nothing, but take up space.

18. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You should be Mod for the Galicia sub-forum. You are actually in here often.

19. bakhtiar

bakhtiar New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    malaysia
    javier arizmendi is depor's new signing!
    prospects are good since he is in spain's under-21 squad
    his contract is until 2010 if im not mistaken.

now to release players...

20. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Not a bad signing, hopefully he can add some punch to the lineup. Let's release half these iddiots on the club that take up space and money. Hopefully we can even get some money for a few of them.

Oh and since I'm still a newbie mod, I can't really go around requesting things, maybe I can PM Sinko, Pichi and minorthreat (I always forget the other Spanish mod) after I have more experience.

21. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It makes sense to me...a no brainer.

22. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I was just reading more about this player and I'm not liking the contract situation with Atletico. If he does good for us, they can buy him back for 4 million euros! (In two years). What kind of crap is that? Sure that would double our investment, but how does that protect us if he becomes great?

23. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

He's going to look good in that kit :D. Although I'm still not happy with that dumb buy back clause. So I hope he does well, but not too good so that Atletico will buy him back.

Oh and it seems Coloccini's unhappy with his lack of playing time. I'd hate to loan him out and have injuries happen, but the way Juanma and Andrade are playing, we might have to. I have a feeling Coloccini will be the full time starter next season (when we sell Andrade), but that won't help him (Coloccini) make the Argentinian World Cup team, so we'll see what happens.

24. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Look at it this way, if we happen to sell him back, it'll make the debt a bit smaller. Coloccini is no where near one of my favorites and he could go out on loan for all I care. I just want to keep Andrade.