Deportivo la Coruña Results Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Aug 26, 2004.

1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    1-1 Depor - Real Betis. Well it sounds like we out played them, but the Betis keeper was outstanding. They scored first, against the run of play, but Victor rebounded Valeron's shot to allow us to score. Not a good result at home again. Judging by the match report from Soccernet, we should have won, so that's an oppurtunity wasted.

2. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Toni Prats is the goalkeeper and he should have been named to the national team for WC 04 but Camacho wanted younger keepers. That one point may come handy for Betis later in the season. From what I heard on the radio the tie was about right based on both teams performances tonite.

Viva er beti manque lopera!

Pichi

3. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes the holiday back home (Italia!) was very enjoyable!

Not sure what the deal is this year. In most cases, you always need an injection of fresh blood to shake things up. Not buying any new players is hurting us. Perhaps even the confirmation of Irureta. Dont get my wrong, he is great. I was very happy to find out that he was confirmed for an additional year. But maybe we needed a new coach with new ideas to give us that extra edge. Who knows. Either way, its going to be a long season...

Didnt see the Betis game. The comment that we outlplayed them etc. might fit though with our capabilities, in the sense that we were outplaying Valencia until they scored first. I can see us outplaying an opponent but having little to show for it...

4. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    1-1 Depor - Real Betis

MATCH STATISTICS:
    Deportivo: Molina - Manuel Pablo, Andrade, Pablo Amo, Romero - Sergio, Scaloni (Duscher; m.75) - Víctor, Valerón (Munitis; m.86), Fran (Luque; m.62) - Pandiani.
    Betis: Prats - Melli, Rivas, Juanito, Castellini - Joaquín, Benjamín, Cañas (Assuncao; m.46), Edú (Capi; m.46) - Oliveira (Alfonso; m.90), Fernando.
    Referee: Daudén Ibáñez. Showed yellow cards to Castellini, Capi (Betis) and Valerón (Deportivo).
    Attendance: 28,000 (Riazor)

from International Unoffical Depor Website

Thanks for the comments Pichi, much appreciated.

5. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Romero's out of today's match against Monaco because of a weird bike injury. Apparently, he fell off his bike and hurt his back while at a friends house. Last season I believe Naybet was bit by a snake before a Champions League match, so we certainly have strange luck. Anyway, I except Capdevila to take his place. It's time for revenge. :mad:

6. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    More disappointment in Monaco for us. We got down two goals early and just couldn't find the scoring touch, as we lose 0-2. Now we are dead last in the group with one point, looking up at three clubs with three points. Band start to the Champions League this season :(.

7. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Opps, thanks to Soccerfan, I realized I can't count and the lead team in our group has 4 points, not 3 like I said before.

8. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's going to be a long season for us, my friend. We may get back in gear, but how many points will we have dropped by then? :(

9. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    2-0 Monaco - Depor

MATCH STATISTICS
    Monaco: Roma - Maicon, Rodriguez, Squillaci, Givet - Farnerud, Zikos (Pérez 58'), Evra (Modesto 85'), Adebayor (Chevantón 78') - Kallon, Saviola.
    Deportivo: Molina - Capdevilla, Jorge Andrade, Pablo Amo, Manuel Pablo - Duscher, Sergio (Scalloni 46') - Fran (Munitis 63'), Valeron, Víctor - Pandiani (Luque 56')
    Goals: 1-0: (5') Kallon, 2-0: (10') Saviola.
    Referee: Stefano Farina (Italy). He showed yellow card to Sergio (34') and Andrade (36') from Deportivo and Evra (55') from AS Monaco.
    Stadium: Louis II (20,000)

10. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I have to agree with you, we need to find our form now, it doesn't help that our rock in front of defense has been out for so long, but that's that future right now, we definitely need a replacement for Mauro Silva.

11. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    Just watched the game, and was very disappointed with Deportivo, but mostly Irureta. I think he put too much expectations on this group of players playing the same style over the years. His inflexible management style is not doing Depor any favours really.

Firstly, the defence is just awful. How they could sell Naybet without bringing a decent replacement is beyond me. Manuel Pablo is proving to be a liability down that right side, his touch and his passing is just not good enough for the top level. I think he'll have nightmares of Monaco for awhile. Pablo Amo was not much better, he hardly got involved, it was mostly the energetic Andrade getting stuck in and putting pressure on the opposition. Capdevila is another waste of talent. He's a good player with the ball at his feet, and he gets forward brilliantly, but his awareness and positioning in defence is simply 2nd rate. Irureta should have given him more chances long ago to build on his potential. But even now he tends to stick with Romero. Depor's success in previous seasons was built on a strong defence, and now it's become their weakest link.

In midfield, really only Valeron and Victor are providing any sort of spark. Watching Valeron makes me feel really sad sometimes. How a great player (easily the best midfielder of his generation) like him never achieved great glories with his country is really upsetting. And it now looks like he'll fade away along with the rest of this ageing side.

Sergio is also looking poorer and poorer each season, which is unfortunate. His partnership with Duscher hardly ever worked tonight. Duscher gives the ball away frequently, and if Sergio is not on form to steady the ship, Valeron will need to put in an unbelievable performance if Depor are to do well.

One final thing, if Irureta doesn't have the sense to play both Luque and Pandiani up front together once in awhile, he's not going to get very far. Depor probably need a new coach along with some fresh youngsters to inject some pace into this team. Otherwise they'll be crashing out of the Champions League soon and sink into mid-table obscurity.

12. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Couldnt agree more with illuminatus. What this team needs is a fresh injection. New coach, new ideas. This team seems to be coasting along on past glory. Its like a plane that runs out of gas in mid-air. For a while it will glide along, until it inevitably comes crashing down. I am really not optimistic at all about his season. I dont see us playing in Europe next year. :(

13. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    A win! A win! A win!

We beat Madrid 1-0, on a goal by Albert Luque :D. Sounds like Madrid out played us, but Molina was great as were our central defense pairing of Andrade and Cesar. Maybe this is the spark we are looking for to turn our season around.

14. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    I'm absolutely gutted... but well done to you guys. All the best for the Champions league... get out and buy D' Alessandro already for god's sake.

15. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    0-1 Real Madrid - Depor

MATCH STATISTICS:
    Real Madrid: Iker Casillas - Roberto Carlos, Helguera, Samuel, Míchel Salgado – Figo, Celades (82’ Raúl Bravo), Zidane, Beckham – Raúl, Owen (51’ Morientes)
    Deportivo: Molina – Capdevila, César Martín, Jorge Andrade, Manuel Pablo - Luque (74’ Munitis), Duscher, Sergio, Víctor Sánchez (61’ Lionel Scaloni), Valerón (89’ Fran) – Pandiani
    Goals: 45’ Luque 0-1
    Referee: Teixeira Vitienes. Showed yellow cards to Zidane, Samuel and Míchel Salgado (Real Madrid) and to Manuel Pablo (Deportivo).
    Attendance: 67.415 (Santiago Bernabéu)

16. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks, but I'm sure Madrid will find their touch soon, after Tuesday's game I thought they had it again. I agree we need to get D'Alessandro.

17. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    D'Alessandro is a good player...but a defender or holding mid wouldn't hurt either.

Assuming a front 4 of

...........Pandiani

Luque......Valeron.....Victor

Don't u think a defender is more needed?

D'Alessandro is good bc he could play on the left or in the middle behind the striker and basically gives Depor enough coverage upfront as well as give Depor options to make various formations.

But I would be worried about the departure of Naybet and the aging holding mids on the team.

18. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A great result for us, but yeah, Real largely outplayed us even without doing anything particularly brilliant. 3 points that will give us a much needed morale boost.

As far as transfer talk, I agree that a defender would not hurt. But we also need some real options up front. Luque and Pandiani just cannot guarantee enough goals, especially if Depor wants to be competitive in both Liga and CL.

19. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Oh, I agree that we need a defender and a defensive mid, but I was just agreeing with illuminatus, that D'Alessandro would look good in a Depor kit. I've said this before, but Valeron is 29 and he isn't getting any younger. The reserve to Valeron is usually Fran and although he's been great, he won't play forever either. If Valeron were ever to go down, Depor would be in huge trouble.

20. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    2-1 win over Getafe puts us in 4th place (for now). We're bouncing back from a poor start to the season, but the season is still long...

21. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Excellent win for us, now we have to do the business against Liverpool.

22. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    2-1 Depor - Getafe

MATCH STATISTICS:
    Deportivo: Molina - Manuel Pablo, César, Andrade, Capdevila - Sergio, Duscher - Munitis (Víctor m.62), Valerón (Luque m.71), Fran - Pandiani (Tristán m.80).
    Getafe: Sergio Sánchez - Yanguas, Amaya, Nano, Pernía - Mario Cotelo, Diego Rivas - Gabi (Cubillo m.46), Vivar Dorado, Riki - Pachón (Craioveanu m.66).
    Goals: 1-0 m.17 Sergio; 2-0 m.72 Víctor; 2-1 m.90 Mario Cotelo.
    Referee: Pérez Burrull; Showed yellow cards to Pernía (m.27), Rivas (m.34) and Gabi (m.38), for Getafe; and to César (m.83) for Deportivo.
    Attendance: 20.000 (Riazor).

from International Depor website

I thought the match was being played today, not yesterday, I guess they moved it up because we have a Champions League match on Tuesday?

23. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Liverpool completely out classed us today and out played us, but we did what we need to do, to get a draw. We are still 4th in the group, but we gained ground on 2nd place. Plus Monaco and Liverpool both have to come to la Riazor, but we still have to go to Greece.

0-0 Liverpool - Depor

24. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    0-0 Liverpool - Depor

MATCH STATISTICS
    Liverpool: Kirkland - Josemi, Carragher, Hyypia, Traoré - Luis García (Pongolle 85'), Xabi Alonso, Hamann, Riise (Kewell 65') - Baros, Cissé (Finnan 77').
    Deportivo: Molina - Manuel Pablo, César, Andrade, Capdevila - Duscher, Mauro Silva (Scaloni 59') - Víctor, Valerón (Fran 87'), Luque - Pandiani (Romero 82').
    Referee: Anders Frisk (Sweden). He showed yellow card to Hamman (35') and Baros (90+4') from Liverpool and Luque (10'), Andrade (39'), Duscher (76') and Victor (90') from Deportivo.
    Stadium: Anfield Road (45,000.)

from International Depor Website

--

We've scored 0 goals in the group stage thus far. I think it's time we all become Monaco supporters and hope they win in Greece and against Liverpool, but lose to use of course ;). That would be our best chance of going through.

25. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    WHeRe Is TrIstAN ??? iS hE iNjURed ???? If NOt Why IRuReta DoesNt gIve Him A ChaNCe ?? While Team Cant scoRe a gOAl in 3 matches in europe and Always Win wiTH narrow one goal differences or drew 0-0 WHY he Doesnt LEt Tristan PlAy Wih PAndiAni ?? wHeRe IS ReaL DePor ???