Deportivo la Coruña - Real Sociedad (28-11) [R]

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Nov 24, 2004.

1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    With Tristan hurt and Pandiani not even supposed to be playing I imagine Luque will be up top again. Time to wash out that bad taste of getting knocked out of the Champions League. We need all three points at home. I see this being a very low scoring game, either a 1-0 victory to us or a 0-0 draw. We're up to 8th place with 19 points, and Sociedad is in 14th with 14 points. Don't look now, but we're closing in on Europe again, time to play some good football.

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    A 2-2 draw. Goals from Luque and Munitis. I think we were up 2-0 and blew the lead :(. We finally score, but we can't hold on, things are terrible at la Riazor.

3. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah we were up 2-0 early but blew the lead!! Right when Bebeto declared he doesn't like Irureta's Depor for being too defensive. These days not only can we not score, we can't stop you from scoring on us! Who would have known that only a few months after being in the CL semifinals we would be in this shape.

4. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah, what a fall from grace, from Champions League semi-finalist to being knocked out in the group stage. Sociedad was good a few years back, but since they were in the Champions League they have struggled. Hopefully we can rest up during the winter break and get healthy and make a run at a Champions League spot for next season.