Deportivo la Coruña Intertoto [R]

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Jun 8, 2005.

1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Well it doesn't start until July, but we know who our some of our possible opponents might be.
    from Deportivo-la-Coruna "An Official Fanclub"

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Looks like we drew FK Buducnost Podgorica of Serbia and Montenegro. The first match will be played on Saturday at la Riazor, with a lot of our starters not playing. Most likely out will be Andrade, Luque and Coloccini. Here's hoping we get a good result.

3. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    That starting line up is a bit troubling (has anyone ever backed into possibley being a starter the way Acuña has?).

from http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com

I know I shouldn't care about the Intertoto cup but I would like to do very well.

I feel we are being set up for a mediocre season when top players are sitting out to start and Caparrós is already giving interviews about how we don't need any new players. Not to mention little hype up articles on the up and coming youth players. Rubén, Momo and Xisco are cause for some minor excitement, but where did Iván Carril come from?

4. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Well I don't like that lineup at all. Romero has no business playing center back. Manuel Pablo's form was bad last season. And our captain (Scaloni) doesn't even get a start? I can't imagine Rubén up front either. Maybe it should be Xisco instead. I'm fine with Munitis, Valerón and Victor. And I agree Acuña backed his way into the job. Why not start Duscher (or did he have something to do with Argentina's National Team?) or De Guzman. Heck even Scaloni can play there.

The reason Luque, Coloccini and Andrade are sitting out is because of International duty. Heck, today Coloccini will be playing in the finals of the Confederation Cup, so no way he'll be ready for Saturday. Andrade and Luque just started training on Monday, so they wouldn't be ready either.

Seems Caparrós has already learned that when you manage Depor, it's not likely you'll get any signings, so he's trained himself not to be disappointed.

5. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    No more Pablo Amo concerns. Marca is reporting he is gone. Juanma has been signed as well.

6. JimmieLivealot

JimmieLivealot New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm kinda glad that Caparros is giving Acuna a run out. Depor can't afford to just ignore a potential contributor whose under contract. And there's got to be some reason Leondorio signed him, right?

7. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    Yeah, but my impression that everyone lost faith in him quickly including Lendoiro.

8. Depor Til I Die

Depor Til I Die New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Duscher and Scaloni both returned to Depor later as they were both in Argentina's squad for the WC Qualifying games.

The jury is still out on Acuña for me. He was a great player at Zaragoza but Irureta never really liked the idea of playing him I don't think. I saw him in a preseason friendly with El Ain last year and he was one of the best players on the pitch. He also scored the goal which saved us from an embarrassing home defeat.

I think that team that you listed is almost certainly going to start but Caparros does seem uncertain about who to play up front and Xisco might get the nod.

9. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    I think Rubén is getting the nod up top. He did an interview in La Opinion where he said he beleived he was.

10. Depor Til I Die

Depor Til I Die New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Great start with Xisco putting us 1-0 up. Pita is also playing I think but my spanish isn't great and the radio commentary keeps breaking up, so don't take that as fact :D

11. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    3-0. Not too bad, although we scored two goals late it seems. I wonder how they played out there. Weird goal scorers though, Xisco, Sergio and Hector. Funny I'm the person who didn't want Hector anywhere near the pitch and he scores. Good for him.

12. Ramon Allones

Ramon Allones Member

Feb 8, 2004
    good to see Xisco and sergio score. Xisco is real young so I only hope he will have a good year, but I expect Sergio to play better than last year. He was one of several players that REALLY dipped in form.

I like trying out different players in this tourny. Caparros should have a good feel for the talent by the time the season starts. We should beat teams from Serbia no matter who we play.

13. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Looks like we are playing Slaven Koprivnica. They are from Croatia and haven't lost in the competition yet. We didn't play so well in our last match, so we must rebound and play better if we want to advance.

14. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Slaven is not a talent filled team but are very firm and hard to break. If Depor takes them seriously, they'll advance. But if they don't do that they could be in for an unpleasant surprise.
    Slaven plays mostly on counter attacks, and pretty well I must add, so Depor should be very careful.

15. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks for the information. I hope Depor doesn't take them lightly, and look ahead to possibly Newcastle United. Or we will be going home early.

16. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    Well since I am not on the squad, I take great delight in knowing that Valencia and us will not meet given the draw.

17. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    We won, but only by 1 goal, this will be interesting next weekend.

18. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    I am concerned.

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  20. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    PROBABLE LINEUPS:
    Deportivo: Molina - Manuel Pablo, Andrade, Romero, Capdevila - Víctor, Sergio, Scaloni, Munitis - Valerón, Rúben Castro.

Slaven: Lisjak - Bosnjak, Crnac, Kurilic, Gal - Dunkovic, Kovac, Viskovic - Musa - Karabogdan, Saranovic.

Referee: Nicolai Vollquartz (Denmark)

Venue: Gradski -Koprivnica

21. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Depor 3-0!

Story here:Depor

22. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
  23. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Depor seemed to cruise in this match, but NUFC will not be that easy. Just imagine an all Spanish Intertoto Cup Final.
    Rúben Castro, Víctor and Tristán scored for Depor

24. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Depor vs. Newcastle Utd FC (July 27, Wednesday)
    The Riazor should be rockin and if it isn't than Depor supporters need to wake up. This might be only chance for a trophy for the Galician club.

25. UncleKizzle

UncleKizzle New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Madrid
    That is what I am talking about. 3-0 drubbing, 4-0 agg. Bring on Newcastle.