Deportivo Independiente Medellin

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by efernandez9, Jan 19, 2011.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Es talentoso . Pero en Colombia hay varios de esos, con tendencia a mejorar ....si vuelve bien , sino también

La verdad es que nunca estuvo en el fútbol profesional consolidado.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why the hell did he bench Marrugo?

Colombian teams really need to work on their aerial game it's not like we don't have tall Colombians. I am tired of seeing Corner kicks against us be as good as PKs

That Valencia dude is trash he is a less talented version of Bustos with a worse free kick. How is this team champion?

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Have a lot of injured players, despite that they are leaders and in round of 8

4. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They lost forms in the last weeks, also because of the injuries. Lost to Fortaleza and they are facing a crucial week in the Copa Sudamericana.

5. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sooo... the new coach of DIM is Luis Zubeldia, I remember his time at Racing at Lanus, I think that he isa competent coach, very balanced and with decent experience... Now I hope that the president and his minions start getting him the players for the positions he needs.

[​IMG]

RafaLarios and Doogs repped this.
  6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    don't know enough about him but I like that the coaching rotation within Colombian clubs is starting to change. That being said, doesn't look like he holds on to a gig longer than 1-2 years?

7. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just saw the first Superliga match, 0-0 between DIM & Santa Fe. I wanted to see Quintero after so long and I was surprised that he was very active and played no bad for a player who barely played in the last couple of years, but his form is very far from the one he had when he left for Europe and played in the national team. Let's see how it'll be for him with Marrugo this season. They can be a great duo.

pepinointer repped this.
  8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dream debut for Juanfer Quintero in the league. By far the best player on the pitch plus two assists so far (10 minutes left) plus several dangerous long distance shots. I'm glad for him, hope he'll continue.

Doogs repped this.
  9. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He was great. But these commentators need to chill the hell out. They praised him nonstop half the match..

Also, that little scuffle he had with Marrugo towards the end...just play, Quintero. Just play

pepinointer, pibe10 and crzdcolombian repped this.
  10. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes, the commentators exaggerated a bit. But more of his assists, I like to see the old Quintero. The sub-20 Quintero. The one who is the boss of the team. Even though it's DIM, I hope he'll be consistent. And yeah, I saw what happened with Marrugo. I think Cristinan is jealous that now not all the focus is on him. They both need to chill.

11. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    The pitch looks ridiculous right now. Is the storm supposed to pass through?

12. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nope... Still raining. This game will be awful. I live near the stadium and the rain IS still falling. Maybe not as much as an hour ago, but enough to make the pitch unbearable.

13. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    They stopped at minute 26 to see if it'll let up. I'm getting flashbacks of the Uruguay match..

14. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn't see the match but it looked like River was completely in control and it's a shame since DIM looks very good in the league, I was hoping for them to translate it in the Libertadores as well. If you don't win at home, it's a problem.

15. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    impossible to be in control with that pitch being so full of water. It benefits hard hitting, high ball teams like RP and hurts the JFQ types who are all about dribble and ball control. Not a great start for DIM. I do feel like RP planned a strategy with the interruption and DIM was still trying to play small ball as if the torrential downpour hadn't happened. That to me has more to do with the coaching side of what was instructed to these players. How a ref would call a dubious penalty right on the line, with pouring rain on top of huge water piles is beyond me.

Azucarero repped this.
  16. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Medellín logra su primera victoria en Argentina. 1 a 2 contra River Plate con varios suplentes pero aún así. Buen partido de todo el equipo. Además David González atajó un penal en el primer tiempo.

Con esto nos quedamos sin representante en la Copa Libertadores. A todos los equipos les faltó hacerse fuertes de local, Medellín particularmente ganó 2 de visitante y tiró 2 partidos en casa, aunque siendo honesto Emelec tiene muy buena pinta. No me extrañaría que llegasen a semifinales.

17. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  18. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    That match in the rain did them in...

Does DIM qualify for the Sudamericana with this result?

19. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yup.

Azucarero repped this.
  20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wasn't totally schooled , only one goal difference .

Similar rosters ....the expensive one is jfq that isn't better than Benedetti or roa

Zubeldia have been champion in Argentina and Ecuador despite his age

22. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So, after the shit show the fans created for which Fabio Martinez was hired and fired in two days, and replaced with one of the dinosaurs of the Colombian football, JJ Pelaez, DIM is currently losing 2-0 against Racing, playing some of the most pathetic football I've seen in years.

And in this kind of situation is that I think:

Colombian football is screwed. The lack of colombian young blood allowed to manage teams is getting worrisome. Guys that can bring new tactics and ideas aren't getting the chances needed.

I don't think that Pelaez will last the semester.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pero lo bueno es que esta maturana para renovar

crzdcolombian and dapip repped this.
  24. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bolillo de nuevo... Dios no lo permita, aunque siendo honesto... Yo le daria este equipo a cualquier HP menos a uno de los dinosaurios... Maturana, Bolillo, Barrabas, Prince, Pelaez, Sarmiento... Esos manes se tienen que retirar ya. Estan retrasando el progreso del futbol colombiano en 20 años mientras sigan dirigiendo.

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Chistoso que Russo siendo veterano en argentina...Se note que a su equipo le imprime ideas mas nuevas.

JJ pelaez a parte de reflejar el dt colombiano, tambien al periodista.........tipico que le gusta al jugador que se haga notar y no el relamente bueno.