Dems Smear a Candidate: VA Example

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by IntheNet, Sep 25, 2006.

1. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Being that the GOP has condemned the ad for those very reasons (after airing it, of course), um, yes.

2. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess that's why Tiger Woods & Elin Nordegren are never filmed together... I wondered 'bout that! I think the ad in Tennessee was more about the Playboy mansion patronage...

3. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    I wonder what the reaction would be if the slut was played by a black woman???

4. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    This is too good not to post somewhere.

The Dems October surprise...:D

So are we going to try to not count the overseas votes again???

5. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sense that Karl Rove is secretly smiling... His plan to let the Democrats snatch defeat from the jaws of victory pays fruit big time... how can any Vet respect this man?

6. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    In the words of an anonymous Democratic Congressman, Kerry isn't content to have blown 2004, he wants to blow 2006 too.

7. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Kerry delivers on his October surprise to the Democrat Party!

8. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    That's fine: you guys shake your fists and pretend to be offended at a botched joke by Kerry. (The context of his speech, people realized later, made it clear that Kerry, the veteran, was talking about Bush.) We'll just remind people that October was the deadliest month in Iraq in a couple of years and that the administration can't decide whether it said that we should "stay the course."

9. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

The joke was stupid and he shouldn't have said it. I'm not as far to the right as these guys but their fake outrage is no different than you guys on several issues, like Makaka or Trent Lott (see Clinton/William Fulbright).

The Bush idiocy and failure in Iraq does not excuse how poor your party is in several areas, apparently including stand up comedy.

10. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    The Macaca comment only offended because of Allen's long history of troubling comments and actions--and we knew about these well before his college buddies alleged that he had a long and storied history of using racial slurs. Speaking of people pretending to be offended in the Virginia race, how about the reactions to Webb's book?

Too much was made of Lott's original comment. What bothered me wasn't the comment itself--which was clearly just a brain fart--but his condescending and insulting "apologies."

Most of the ads in this latest round of the negative campaign have merely been silly or annoying. The only items to actually offend me were (1) the "Ford dates white women" ad and subsequent insistence by Limbaugh that, yes! it's true! Ford does date white women!; and (2) Limbaugh's absolutely mind-boggling comments about Michael J. Fox.

Digression: the latter shocked me most, but I'm also someone who makes a considerable effort never even to use the term "retarded" in casual conversation. The use of "retard" as a pejorative is one of my biggest pet peeves. I think that nothing is offensive so long as it's funny, but the overwhelming majority of jokes about handicapped people aren't even remotely funny. They're just mean spirited, low class, and idiotic.

11. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Webb's "book" is relevant; this guy has little political experience beyond his stint as Navy Sec and Chief breast furnisher at Tailhook Conventions and therefore being a public figure his literary career seems open for question... now if he has a thing for little Asian boys that may be his business in the bedroom but the good people of the Commonwealth sure should be aware of it...

12. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Do you also think that his book gave John McCain and George Will big boners? Because they blurbed it.

13. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

Re: Allen - I've not heard of a "long" history of comments like that. I know some black politicians had to admit they couldn't find evidence of his voting record showing any racism on CNN the other night. President L. Johnson called MLK the N word once King started opposing Vietnam, somehow that doesn't trouble people on the left - nor did Senator Byrd saying he knew some "white N words" a few years ago. The race card is getting old. It is also not working for the Democrats so they should move past it. If a Republican says the N word and it's obvious it is racist then use it, but a commercial where you have to add this and that to come up with racism claims or you have to find a woman who claims to have heard a republican use the N word 25 years ago at a rugby game, come on now. Let's get past this, both sides.

Rush Limbaugh is a moron, as is Coulter, I've said it here a million times. Hannity is a joke. Larry Elder is so biased it's unlistenable. I am not sure why you think I would defend Limbaugh's comments, they were stupid and inaccurate.

So what? John Kerry's comments were stupid too. Do we really need weeks of around the clock coverage for these jackasses making stupid comments.

We should be focusing on real issues like how to fix the Iraq mess, finding Osama Bin Laden, Curbing Illegal Immigration, Fighting offhsoring/Outsourcing and fighting unfair trade with India and China, Strengthening the middle class, removing the corrupt republican congress, health care, etc

Instead we got bigsoccer liberals crying over a misinterpreted martial law bill, people on both sides getting worked up over John Kerry's comments, An ad that might be racist depending on how you want to interpret it and a bunch of other things that don't matter.

See the thing is, the Republicans in office have let us down (even us conservatives) but you are not offering anything to make us vote for you. All the left seems to do is bitch about things. I see no plan by anyone on the left of right to fix any of the problems I mentioned above.

So are you going to come up with a plan to fix an ailing America or are you going to spend your time bitching about Rush Limbaugh?

14. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    You're right, it's not a joking matter, is it?

15. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Nothing has changed since June when I posted the Democratic Agenda, except that they’re busy measuring for curtains.

16. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Please, by all means, make these the issues of the day. Except for illegal immigration, every last one of them benefits the Democrats. Lucky for us, the GOP can't make up its mind on illegal immigration.

Do the Democrats have a solution for Iraq? Probably not, but that speaks more to the mess that Bush created--the same Bush who has proven to be chronically incapable of dismissing the persons most responsible for the mess. (I'm lookin' at you, Donnie Rumsfeld.)

If the White House were Enron, Bush would be the incompetent head (Ken Lay), and Rumsfeld et al. would be the idiots and crooks (Jeff Skilling and Andy Fastow) below him. Bush can claim all he wants that the Democrats don't have a plan. But yes, in fact, we do have a plan: fire Ken Lay, Jeff Skilling, and Andy Fastow!

17. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Your plan is still “Bush Sucks”. (Proving Micro's point)

Not a plan if you have no replacement or direction.

Fire them, then what?

18. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Blame Bush!!!

Thrice wounded on the battlefields of Vietnam, Sen. John Kerry would never dream of insulting the intelligence of our babykilling, genital-shocking, cattle razing, women-and-children-terrorizing troops. If they had any brains, they’d know that.

19. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    You replace them with people capable of doing the job, who won't view everything through an ideological prism.

In other words, you find a president who doesn't simply fill spots with cronies and hacks and who can hold on to his experts. The White House really is analogous to Enron--in general, the smartest, most level-headed, most adept, and most honest persons either left Enron or were relegated to low roles in the company, whereas the blowhards, hotshots, idiots, jackasses, and thieves received the biggest bonuses and least deserved promotions.

You all should be hanging your head in shame that Donald Rumsfeld still has a job while Colin Powell doesn't. And how did you react when the president promoted Condi Rice? Did you shout that, hey, perhaps she isn't the most capable person to fill that position? No, of course not; you floated her name as a nominee in '08.

There's a reason Bush cannot manage the Iraq war or the government, and it's the same reason that every business of his prior to becoming the Gov. of Texas failed: it's that he's a ************ manager.

20. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

Ok Fine. I agree.

But you still have not provided anyone that instills any confidence in anyone. In fact, you keep trotting out guys that lose elections to these idiots.

And illegal immigration is opposed by the majority of the U.S.

21. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dr. Rice is uniquely qualified to be Secretary of State; she learned early not to present third-world dictators with signed basketballs... I've been very impressed with her statemanship so far...

22. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    You really do not get it. Saying that we will do better is not a plan. Why can’t you morons say something else besides the same old talking points of Enron, Katrina, blah, blah, blah. All of your criticism is hindsight. Anyone can do that.

Once again, when asked about a plan, you still cannot help yourself but start talking about Bush.

23. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    You go first: please, tell me Bush's plan. I'd really love to hear it.

24. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Actually, do you know what my plan really would be? For starters, it would involve a summit with the leaders of the region--including the leaders of Syria and Iran. They need to be brought into the process. We can't even begin to fix the problem until we improve our understanding of and relationship with the forces at play.

During the Cold War, both Democratic and Republican presidents met with their Soviet adversaries. Clinton brokered deals in Northern Ireland (which were largely sucessful) and Palestine/Israel (which failed).

Why hasn't your glorious leader attempted this? Why hasn't he personally taken part in meetings with North Korea? Is he really such an idiot that he doesn't understand how diplomacy works?

Actually, don't answer that--we already know that, yes, he is such an idiot. As an anonymous inside source said (with alarm) during the very start of Bush's tenure in the White Hourse, everything is run by the political arm, and nothing is determined by the policy arm.

25. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

Um, Bush is not a glorious leader.

But he does negotiate with N. Korea and 6 party talks are fine. Not talking to Iran is in fact a mistake. But N. Korea nor Iran is the biggest problem right now. Neither is Rush Limbaugh.