Dempsey's goal celebration v Japan

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by EastBayGrease, Feb 12, 2006.

1. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dempsey's goal celebrations ("Stop, drop and roll", fishing, the homerun) rank with the best I've ever seen in Europe (the best ever being Faustino Asprilla for Newcastle taking off his jersey, putting it on the corner flag, and thrn picking up the corner flag and waving it around with his jersey waving in the air)...I was hoping Dempsey would score in S.F.to see if he'd make some type of reference to the city in his celebrations or maybe do the "homerun" thing again...but I was perplexed by his little dance...Was that all it was? a little dance? or am I missing some cultural reference?
    In the inside video post-game interview, he adds the sound effect "Ayyyyy" to each little side-leaning motion.

2. VOwithwater

VOwithwater New Member

Oct 17, 2005
    My 3 yr old grandaughters goal celebration she drops down to her knees leans back a little out stretches both arms out and waves them a little. Then she runs around the field or what ever open area she is in.

It is nice.

3. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was a reference to his "Dont Tread on Me" music video.

The homerun in RFK is my favorite but only a close second is one you didn't mention...tapping his ruby slippers together in Kansas City! :)

4. eddy02

eddy02 New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    Its a little dance thats in a rap video(not hes) the songs called "Lean wit it, rock wit it" not sure of the artist

5. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah! Thanks. Somewhat disappointing. He's good at the contextual goal celebration...He should have shown some SF love....a yellow flower in his hair or something.

6. BED-STYPUNDIT

BED-STYPUNDIT New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brooklyn/Boston
    actually, that isn't it. I mentioned this before in the postgame thread, Deuce celebration is a thing call the "Snap and Roll" from two new rap groups called D4L and Dem Franchise Boys. D4L made it more visible with their new video "Betcha Can't Do it Like Me".

Now, if he could do a blackflip, no one could touch him with celebrations.

7. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This team has been so fun to watch here lately. I like the overall attitude of the guys. You can see it in things like Dempsey's goal celebration and in the USSF videos. My wife (who has never had a soccer-related laugh in her life) actually chuckled out loud at Dempsey's antics.

8. RSwenson

RSwenson Member

Feb 1, 2000
    Nahhh... the best celebration EVER was a couple of years ago... Twellman sliding about 5 yards feet first, coming to rest with his legs straddling the corner flag... then grabbing that big-ol stick protruding up between his legs with both hands and shaking it... ain't seen nothin' like it (and I'm sure that was subsequently "discouraged" by the league)... it has kind of disappeared from highlights;-)

his celebration in SF slid right by the corner flag... I wonder if he was tempted?... I was certainly saying to myself "GO FOR IT"....

rand

9. BED-STYPUNDIT

BED-STYPUNDIT New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brooklyn/Boston
    Just for that, he got Man of the Match.

10. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

aren't those all Atlanta based dance moves demspey was doing? i think he wasn't doing them right cause i saw dfl and FB videos and wasn't doing it right

11. Zeppelin

Zeppelin New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    that's cute.

12. BED-STYPUNDIT

BED-STYPUNDIT New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brooklyn/Boston
    well, he was realy stiff, but i gave him the benefit of the doubt for even doing it

13. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he was just trying to be all gangsta' again. :D

Hell, I hope he has plenty more celebrations to give us, it means goals, and it's been good to see him produce on the international level.

14. footballitis05

footballitis05 New Member

Jun 24, 2003
    St. Louis, Missouri
    The goal celebration was a snap dance. The song is lean wit it, rock wit it. by Dem Franchize Boyz. You can see the music video (and how the dance really looks) on yahoo music

15. BED-STYPUNDIT

BED-STYPUNDIT New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brooklyn/Boston
    YUP, or D4L "Betcha Can't do IT like Me"

I'm telling you, these two groups need to merge together. They are basically the same. Either merge or wars over who copying who is gonna go down.

16. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Speaking of discouraged celebrations... At one of the women's games a few of the ladies got on all fours and lifted a leg at the flag. Probably didn't go over to well.

17. Liviu

Liviu New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Illinois, USA
    I love Dempsey's celebrations. The more fun the USMNT is to watch, the more fans will watch.

18. uclajames

uclajames Member

Jul 23, 2004
    LA
    I think the feud has already started.

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/28023341

19. footbrawl

footbrawl Member

Jul 10, 2005
    San Diego
    Now if only 50 Cent or P. Diddy started to wear LA Galaxy jerseys, then MLS will make some headway...:eek:

20. Lobooho

Lobooho Member

Jul 26, 2002
    Cali
    Now that's cute.
    MPEG file?

21. BED-STYPUNDIT

BED-STYPUNDIT New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brooklyn/Boston
  22. BED-STYPUNDIT

BED-STYPUNDIT New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brooklyn/Boston
    Thanks for the link, part of my REEL FEEL column this will be this week.

23. BED-STYPUNDIT

BED-STYPUNDIT New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brooklyn/Boston
    Brendi Chastian has nothing on that chick, WHOO WHOOT.

24. kduffyb

kduffyb New Member

Sep 29, 2005
    Dempsey's celebration was flippin' great. I shot off my couch and started dancing with him. First thing to come out was "Naco-Naco-Naco Nacogdoches....oh yeah... My main-man Clint." All smiles watching this guy. The goal, the flow, and the buildup were solid.

25. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I thought it was lame. It wasn't well-executed. He looked like a white guy trying to dance. Everybody in my group thought it sucked. And we had a great visual.

MC Dempsey: you're solidifying the stereotype (white guys can't dance).

TT's celebration was cool, though.