Dempsey Officially Nominated for MLS ROTY

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by The Magpie, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Aquarius21

Aquarius21 New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Clint had to step up with a team whose offensive power was not producing during the middle of the season. Noonan went a few games without scoring, and let's face it, Twellman had a down year. When the team needed Dempsey, he stepped up and in my opinion became a leader on the team. Marshall was never put into the situation. Both players are rightfully nominated, but considering everything Dempsey had to do this year, my vote goes to him.

2. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    So, they were wrong (Colo that is).

You don't have to look hard to see that that midfield was far from dominant this year. Actually it was never truly dominant last year either. The only place it has ever proven to be dominant is on paper.

So having a starting US National player on the opposite side and a former MLS All-Star in the middle were handicaps. Interesting.
    In that case you' probably be misled. Llamosa was far from an "anchor" to NE's defense last year - being on the field for the three most depressing defensive collapses of the season. Llamosa is at the end of his career, and Avery John, even with a few late season blunders, is almost certainly better..

Bocanegra is an entirely different story...

I've seen Marshall play. Good young player with nice athleticism. Reminds me of Califf and Curtin. Are these guy dominant? No not really.

And yes decent defenders are easier to come by than multi-dimensional offensive players.