Democrats: Buying Mideast oil gives cash to dictators

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Scarecrow, Jan 20, 2007.

1. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Well, the main problem is that if we cut off canadian oil mexican oil and scottish oil....the chinese will buy that.

Look - oil from almost any country goes into a big pot of global oil supply. We buy some, and other countries buy what's left.

So who do we send our dollars to?

Mid-east crazies, or canucks?

2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Oil is fungible commodity. You think BigSoccer would have figured that out by now.

3. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    OK that's funny. I hope.

4. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It isn't as much as you think it is. The US has had, at times, considerable influence in effecting what oil was available and at what price. The rarer oil gets, the less we have this influence, so we better use it or lose it.

5. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I’ve heard this peak oil story for 25 years, it gets old.

We're not addicted to oil, we’re addicted to cheap oil.

6. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I've said it before, I'll say it again....

Buying Mideast oil finances terrorists. It threatens Israel. Just who do you think ends up w/that money? OBL and Al Quaeda used that $ to attack the US.

And now we're in Iraq and Afghanistan, spending hundreds and hundreds of billions to make war in the Middle East. As a result the cost is a lot more than the cost of oil. Therefore, it makes sense to do what it takes to get the hell of Mideast oil and take American $ out of the Mideast.

But that's common sense for ages now....

7. You don't have to scare her. Once she thinks that she's the pretty one and that the team captain isn't coming out of this one alive, they're pretty receptive.