Democratic Party Elder Statesman: Bush Haters Should be 'Horse-Whipped'

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ian McCracken, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ed Koch: Bush Haters Should be 'Horsewhipped'

Democratic Party elder statesman and former New York City Mayor Ed Koch said Thursday that he was outraged by some of the anti-Bush protesters he saw while on the way to Ground Zero yesterday to commemorate the second anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

"What bothered me was that as I came down the highway there were pickets and the sign that they carried said, 'Bush Regime Engineered 9/11,'" Koch told nationally syndicated radio host Sean Hannity.

"I want to tell you, I had the desire to go out and horse-whip these people," he complained," saying that "the idea that they would picket the site and blame the president for those casualties is an outrage."

Koch also had some choice words for fellow Democrats who have attacked Bush over the war in Iraq.

"Nobody wants [to see U.S.] casualties. But the fact that they were as minimal as this was miraculous," he contended, especially "when you had all the people like [Sen. Ted] Kennedy predicting thousands of body bags."

Then, broadening his criticism to include other anti-war Democrats, Koch complained, "It's an outrage that they conduct themselves the way they are."

2. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "What bothered me was that as I came down the highway there were pickets and the sign that they carried said, 'Bush Regime Engineered 9/11,'" Koch told nationally syndicated radio host Sean Hannity.

Some people have no souls, only hate for what they disagree with.

My favorite part is the same people who say Bush is a total idiot also say he is this genius who can create these evil plans and then carry them out.

3. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Is Sean Hannity that guy on Fox who looks like he is being sexually abused, even as he speaks to the camera? The one who does that show with the "liberal" with the glasses?

He's funny.

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hannity and Holmes. They are both pretty funny although a bit predictable. At least they manage to keep their discusions relatively civil.

I cannot believe the idiots who blame Bush for planning the events of 9/11. Everybody knows that the attacks were engineered by Bill and Hillary Clinton.:D

5. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Ed Koch isn't an elder statesman. He's just elder.

6. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ed Koch was useless as NYC mayor, and Guliani's tenure there made Koch look all the more inept. Koch has chosen to favor his Jewish Cult Membership over the interests of America. How pathetic. Must be related to Lieberman.

That people should blame Bush for 9/11, I agree with Koch, that is ridiculous. But that people should not protest the war in Iraq and should not attack Bush, I must say Koch is an idiot.

7. mannyfreshstunna

mannyfreshstunna New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less

Yea, i agree. But it's nicer to watch than crossfire.
    The liberals on those shows could say"the taliban is misunderstood" and george wash's audience would applaud. Then tucker Carlson would raise obvious objections and get buried in a pile of trash thrown by the crowd.